I think I got scammed! Someone wants me to send crypto to an unknown wallet address. What should I do? - Page 8 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Brushless4500KV

I think I got scammed! Someone wants me to send crypto to an unknown wallet address. What should I do?

On 12/2/2019 at 6:00 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

This scammer told me that he now knows my password and has access to my computer and all my personal pictures and videos.

I am seen an email as this dear. I was scared too but after I was read his demands I laughed. But he was had one early password that I was used in some email. It is happens that they are look for gmail accounts with a full name, name and surname that are probably the real name of the user. An easy password in them is gets hacked because google sucks and allowed them to use brute force to break them. But they are having nothing else. If a hacker has more he will send a sample.

• +1 1

In cases of extortion, even when these are empty threads or bleff you have only one way to deal with them. Don't get extorted. Those that pay for any reason are weak and don't think correctly because the scammers are already trying to make money, how can anyone trust a scammer that is always a liar too that they will not extort again. In fact they will keep trying to scam their victim for more money.

• Useful or interesting 1

29 minutes ago, Mella said:

I am seen an email as this dear. I was scared too but after I was read his demands I laughed. But he was had one early password that I was used in some email. It is happens that they are look for gmail accounts with a full name, name and surname that are probably the real name of the user.

The password of your computer should be changed every month but I have a better solution for this. Most PC users sign in with admin account and this is a big mistake because when you work as an admin, you have access to all the functions of your PC. Now, if someone hacks your PC, in fact he can do anything he wants such as installing, uninstalling, adding and deleting files. To prevent this, you have to add another user with limited access and only sign in with that user account so that if your PC was hacked, the hacker can't change anything in your PC.

• +2 1
  • +4 1

This is terrible and awful but it looks like a scammer trying to blackmail someone having nothing on his hands. Maybe these emails are send massively to a large database they have and they have very few people that are scared and send them money, which is bad and nobody should ever be doing as they encourage this kind of scams to keep happening.

• +1 1

You should wait and see what happens if he shows you same thing  and something  more than he already has shown you than you should think about  giving the money.

• +1 1

Thankfully there are no personal photos and videos in your PC you might fall in a big problem.. and you have to send the money and they want a pretty good money. I suggest you Too change your password and then update all your software and just keep your privacy update

This is bad to receive an email like this and changing the password was very good approach. I would never accept any terms from an email and would never answer. If there was a serious threat I'd be asking for support from authorities.

• +1 1

On 12/2/2019 at 9:51 PM, fo1lluko1l said:

Maybe just someone found out your password and is trying to intimidate you and try to get bitcoin, if you are sure that the computer is safe, just ignore it

That's why we really need to be very careful on how we do our things. Scammers are very sharp. We all  need be very simple about our work. A friend of mine got scammed and its hurts a lot @fo1lluko1l

I think what happened to you was an extortion type crime, you better report it to the police. To prevent this from happening again, do not access any sites you are not familiar with as they open up hacking opportunities. Always keep important files and other valuable files.

• +1 1

At this point I will advice you not to send it rather change all your passwords and put a secured one, the scammer may turn out to be your closed friend who knows all your secret password but is advice able  to change it and keep it secret. 

Probably it is a scammer and fraudulent my advice is just ignore its request and if case mabe you also block him for friendship in orde should getting access to your contact and let him Know that he his a scammer.

Unfortunately, the plague is everywhere and it is desirable to be expected in any strange, unknown site. Therefore, the emails and devices that we use for circulation must be separated from the other devices for personal use. Sometimes it is not necessary to click on a link in order to expel the victim of extortion, in the ransomware that has spread and some copies of it have been accessed after decoding Its code calls for sending Bitcoin or destroying the device's contents.

• +1 1

Always active your antivirus and don't store password in browser. Always log out your gmail from browser. Most importantly use adblocker extension for stopping those pop-up adds, this will stop malware and if you are crypto user take extra steps like use backup at another account which is not affiliated with current gamil and never use Facebook for anysite sign in they collect information easily from your browser. Mostly the sites who want access to gamil or Facebook for sign in are the one who cause this problem. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

On 02.12.2019 at 19:00, Brushless4500KV said:

Some days ago, I received an E-mail in which someone had threatened me to publish my personal media files in social media groups. The title of the E-mail was my desktop password. This scammer told me that he now knows my password and has access to my computer and all my personal pictures and videos. Fortunately, I don't store my personal info on my PC and use an external hard drive for this kind of information. The E-mail contains a bitcoin wallet address and the scammer has asked me to send $500 worth of bitcoin to his wallet to forget about revealing my personal info on the web. I changed my password immediately after reading this E-mail and switched to normal user from admin to block everyone's access to the vital program files in my PC. I have never received such an E-mail before and I don't know how this scammer has managed to find my password. Maybe I visited a website that contained malware. My antivirus and anti-malware are always on. Anyway, what do you recommend me to do at this moment?

Wow, that's creepy. Hope you are all right so far. I would pee into my pants if i see a letter with my logpass. 

• -4 1

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, this is really scary how did he manage to get your information, thank GOD you are able to change your password. You need to be careful next time. 

The scammers are present anywhere on the Internet, especially social media sites and their content of discussion or educational groups, and they remain in a state of surveillance And when a beginner comes and asks a question, they start talking to him and tempt him, and these accidents happened a lot, and therefore the warning must be continued for this matter, especially since this field is constantly entered by beginners.

My advice to you is to stay away from all suspected sites and read the policy of any site or application because when you agree to them, they may have some powers that allow them to access your information inside the device.

It is better if you delete all your email data and replace it with a new email, then scan all your computer devices and make sure there are no malware viruses on your computer, then you can use your computer again. Be careful when visiting unknown sites because we are prone to being hacked, use another computer when you want to visit certain sites, preventing scamers is better than us dealing with it.

• +1 1

I hope everything is well and good right now. This can happen to any user. there are many scammers out there who are on the lookout for potential victims. So we have to take the necessary steps in order to avoid being trapped. Do not ever fall for such mails. One way or the other you can definitely come out of such problems if you take the necessary protective measures.

You must restore your computer in addition to protecting your computer, and if you do not know this, you can take the computer to a computer maintenance expert in your area in order to delete all viruses in your computer so be careful next time so that you do not fall into the same problem .be cerfull.

Hello friend, You need to be careful with spammers, there is basically no way around spam sends, you have remember them as tricks yourself. The spammer may have a little data about you and eats to exploit that

On 12/2/2019 at 7:00 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

Some days ago, I received an E-mail in which someone had threatened me to publish my personal media files in social media groups. The title of the E-mail was my desktop password. This scammer told me that he now knows my password and has access to my computer and all my personal pictures and videos. Fortunately, I don't store my personal info on my PC and use an external hard drive for this kind of information. The E-mail contains a bitcoin wallet address and the scammer has asked me to send $500 worth of bitcoin to his wallet to forget about revealing my personal info on the web. I changed my password immediately after reading this E-mail and switched to normal user from admin to block everyone's access to the vital program files in my PC. I have never received such an E-mail before and I don't know how this scammer has managed to find my password. Maybe I visited a website that contained malware. My antivirus and anti-malware are always on. Anyway, what do you recommend me to do at this moment?

There has so many scammers nowadays who are using to send you emails, others can act from the yobit support and asking you to create yobicodes and send to them in order to verify your account. 

• +2 1

If you send your BTC to unknown wallet and he or she will not payed to you than you lost your BTC becasue the BTC payment is not reversed and no one can do that. So be careful.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

You have to delete your device's operating system and reinstall it. These scammers are incredibly active! Today someone talked to me  saying that he is Canadian, who wanted me to enter a link that he sent and deposited money in order to trade and give me high profits. I discovered his trick from the beginning, but by certainty there are people who fall into the trap unfortunately.

• +1 1

You didn't get scammed unless you paid this scammer. There is an extortion happening in emails like this and sometimes scammers find personal information and use that to their advantage. Perhaps an email was hacked too. Authorities in every country have notifications about scams. This type of scams will be more as crypto adoption expands.

• +2 1