Creating New Topics without Source Link: What to do? - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
kyoukage01

Creating New Topics without Source Link: What to do?

Shitposters are mostly dealt with now, sure. Now let me draw attention to this.

As most users here are aware, the copy/pasting of UNCITED articles from other sources when creating a topic is prohibited:

Rules for publishing new topics:

1. Copy-paste without reference to the source is prohibited.

2. The creation of duplicate topics is prohibited. Check the section before publishing.

3. The title of the topic should be informative, not consist of 1-2 words, maximize the meaning of the content.

4. Begin the topic name with a capital letter.

But, as you've noticed, there are some new topics, specifically on the Crypto World section, that do not follow this rule. And they are growing in numbers everyday.

Now, what to do with these? If I or somebody else were to report these right now, I'd feel bad to the posts, especially useful ones, already made there, because we all know that if a topic gets deleted, the posts that were made in it gets deleted as well. But if these are to be ignored by us users, chances are, after the mods and admin have finally rounded up the remaining fragments of the scattered shitposts, these unreferenced topics will be next on their deletion menu; if not that, the creators of those articles themselves might raise hell, and we won't like to see an ugly legal battle here.

What to do, what to do? Shoot them dead right now, or give them a grace period to fix things up?

This thread also serves as a wake up call to those who created the topics in question: Get those topics of yours properly referenced, pronto.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • Useful or interesting 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

There is many members here have no idea about the rules, maybe they never took a look at them, especially newbies, so I suggest if someone have a newbie friend here just give some tips about how it is going here 

7 hours ago, Warrior said:

As most of them are newbie so they really don't know anything about this kind of rules. They should know the rules before posting anything

I definitely agree. Most of them are just new and haven't read yet the rules, maybe they are just exploring first the forum. So yes, I think we should give them a grace period in order to fix it. I just hope that the moderators won't delete the entire thread because there are also important posts there.

14 hours ago, Muphin said:

I definitely agree. Most of them are just new and haven't read yet the rules, maybe they are just exploring first the forum. So yes, I think we should give them a grace period in order to fix it. I just hope that the moderators won't delete the entire thread because there are also important posts there.

Maybe they do, maybe they do not. For now, I try to stay away from those threads like I avoid the plague, lest that thread gets deleted. There is no point in trying to engage in discussion there if that thread gets deleted anyway, as it will turn out to be a waste of time.

If the problem still persist, though...

Edited by kyoukage01

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

4 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

Maybe they do, maybe they do not. For now, I try to stay away from those threads like I avoid the plague, lest that thread gets deleted. There is no point in trying to engage in discussion there if that thread gets deleted anyway, as it will turn out to be a waste of time.

If the problem still persist, though...

Yes, well that is the best way/solution to do it though. Members in this forum could try to ignore those topics they think are going to be deleted. But the problem is, we don't even know if those topics were copied from others or similar from other posts. We can't just search every topic we are about to reply just to make sure that that topic is the only one here and not being copied or even similar to others.

There is definately an improvement. I have been burned so badly by the deleted posts situation but I understand Its a worthwhile thing. Its always going to be a difficult one between hurting those with good intentions and getting out the rotten apples. I'm just really really careful now what and where I post or reply to. Always search topics too. And I don't worry about the pay by posts too much. I think some sort of system where reported topics can be reviewed before taking action. Or are automatically removed if more than 3 for instance flag the problem. I don't think the forum can come down much harder than already though. It's already getting pretty difficult to write here and not feel hurt that your work is just undone. 

I'm sure the moderator has considered the rules about it.  I noticed many topics based on soucer.link and not deleted.  Only they are asked  we to be make more opini withour thought about the news we can then make conclusions from the news does not mean that we must plagiarism.  Maybe .... 

Yes indeed, 

sad to say that most of members here really don't care about the forum's rule. and continue to ignore it, as stated in this topic: 

I think the moderators have already done a way on how to deal with them. They can easily locate those that are copy pasting some other works and they can be banned. So I don't think we don't have the rights because just like you said, most of it are helpful.

On 11/30/2019 at 11:18 PM, Warrior said:

As most of them are newbie so they really don't know anything about this kind of rules. They should know the rules before posting anything

The only way to teach these newbies who didn't know how to read the rules first before posting is to give them a Warning Point once they received it they will surely read the rules and follow it.

18 hours ago, xprince1996 said:

The only way to teach these newbies who didn't know how to read the rules first before posting is to give them a Warning Point once they received it they will surely read the rules and follow it.

I agree with you lately I noticed some old posts that got deleted for various reasons but i am sure that some of them are just copy-paste that why it was deleted.

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!

5 hours ago, SyntaxEr. said:

I agree with you lately I noticed some old posts that got deleted for various reasons but i am sure that some of them are just copy paste

that why it was deleted.

Yeah, that is why everyone here needs to be careful in replying to other topics because some of them are just spam and the effort you exerted to it will be wasted. 

There is this one particular user I have been noticing for a while. Prolific at posting topics, but those threads were made without citing sources. @madera was this particular user. Now I couldn't find his threads anymore, and I found out on his profile that he was banned and all his threads deleted. And I haven't even reported his threads yet to give him the chance, as some of the replies here advised.

Condolences to those who posted on his topics. Some of those threads were even reaching 3 pages and above.

It is good that the forum staff are doing their best at cleaning up the forum.

This is the main problem of the forum, the spams and the repeated topic. but i think admins and moderators are tryna make this issue fix, so for the members of this forum, choose where to comment or reply because some topics are deleted. 

I did not even think of posting even a breaking news here becuase i thought that was prohibited, but i now understand it is not prohibited rather has some conditions to follow. Thanks.

Speaking of posting topics and not following the rules, we are having a swarm of shit threads at this very moment:Untitled00.jpg.4bfcf8d02adb0579d8bea48b609215c9.jpg

Those threads are likely to be shot down :classic_sad:🔫 momentarily. The users who have replied to those threads will have their posts deleted as well. They shouldn't have posted on such obvious traps, and yet there they are.

Edited by kyoukage01

18 hours ago, dmnqe07 said:

This is the main problem of the forum, the spams and the repeated topic. but i think admins and moderators are tryna make this issue fix, so for the members of this forum, choose where to comment or reply because some topics are deleted. 

Yeah, the admins and moderators are deleting nonsense posts daily. That's why I prefer to make an engagement with those old posts because it is already a guarantee that the post will not be deleted in the future.

For me they need second chances. I think they did not notice that they are duplicate the post and most of them are newbie. We should guide them so they don't do the same mistake.

I think it is better to give them a chance, especially the new members. They are enthusiastic and do not know the laws in the forum so you see them make many mistakes, we all make mistakes and this is not a shame, the important thing is not to continue in the errors, I think of the first duty to alert them even in person and if they continue to violate then they are reported.

It's very important to use source if the thread talk about some news to trust the poster but if he talk about some opinion or talk about something personally we don't really need any source in my opinion

19 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

I think it is better to give them a chance, especially the new members. They are enthusiastic and do not know the laws in the forum so you see them make many mistakes, we all make mistakes and this is not a shame, the important thing is not to continue in the errors, I think of the first duty to alert them even in person and if they continue to violate then they are reported.

The thing is, I am also seeing threads made by more senior members which do not follow the rules. I even spotted an old thread that managed to survive even without any cited sources.

23 hours ago, SyntaxEr. said:

Yeah, the admins and moderators are deleting nonsense posts daily. That's why I prefer to make an engagement with those old posts because it is already a guarantee that the post will not be deleted in the future.

I do the opposite: I look for newer threads that are interesting and most of all follow the rules and post on them. Maybe the reason I have very few posts even now (I joined on early October) is because those threads I prefer to engage in are getting fewer and fewer 😄 .

7 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

I do the opposite: I look for newer threads that are interesting and most of all follow the rules and post on them. Maybe the reason I have very few posts even now (I joined in early October) is that those threads I prefer to engage in are getting fewer and fewer 😄 .

Haha, maybe but you should try to look at some old posts because they are really interesting to discuss unlike some new posts today are all about delayed payment on so on.

This is not fair if users of this forum are post topics from others source links. Because that's means there is no need of forum while there have already topics from others source links, so users let's keep this in mind that's we should create the new topics wich we are thinking in our minds.

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

20 hours ago, SyntaxEr. said:

Haha, maybe but you should try to look at some old posts because they are really interesting to discuss unlike some new posts today are all about delayed payment on so on.

I do, but the thing is, I am a newbie at the crypto world, and the old threads often have posts that have already discussed the "yes" and "no" of things, I tend to look at posts first, then get jaded at the 5th page and so, then exclaim to the front of the monitor "what the heck" and move on to other posts 😄 .

I do leave posts on some old threads, even leaving questions in there most of the time to create a discussion, but most of the time nobody's taking the bait 😄

... ... ...

It's been almost a week since this thread was created, and already there were a lot of uncited threads that were deleted.

Spoiler

Nope, I haven't reported those threads yet, but maybe I should join the hunt now 🧟‍♂️🔫.

Now all the staff needs to do is maintain the cleanliness of the forum 🙂 . A word of gratitude should be in order.

So thank you. Now I can focus more on posting and less on reporting 🙂 .

Spoiler

I'll still be watching this thread. If I see any shitposts here, consider yourselves a dead rat.

Edited by kyoukage01

I see some people who jsut copying and paste whole article without giving some source and it's really annoying, It's our job to help moderator by reporting it, Anyway it's not really good too even copying with providing source, Better write with our own words and give source about the news.