How did you first encounter or hear about bitcoin? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Pa2dara4

How did you first encounter or hear about bitcoin?

First, of all, I want to use this opportunity to welcome everyone to the forum and to my thread. The bitcoin community is a host to different individuals from different part of the worlds meaning we all have our story of how we got to hear about bitcoin. This thread would be a nice places to share that experience, how did you hear or encounter bitcoin.

Mine was due to my search to look for lucrative online investment to profit from and stubbled upon some recommendation on bitcoin and ever since my life haven't been the same. Lets hear yours.

• Useful or interesting 14
  • +1 13
  • +2 5
  • +3 3
  • +4 2
  • +5 3

From a friend back in 2014 which took me by surprised and I instantly become interested about the movement. Now , 5 years later , I'm loving crypto more and more and I'm trying to make a living out of it to but its hard as the bear market hit hard on us since 2017 and was hard to make some nice profits.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 7
  • +2 1

I heard about bitcoin 3 years ago from my friend also. For the first place i have no idea aboit crypto, But when i search about crypto forums etc details.  Its more interesting for me. 

• +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +5 2

It was five years ago that my friend was talking about it and was trying to explain me how mining works, I really feel sorry for myself that I didn't invested in those times

I ran into this technology playing Freebit.co, then I discovered some projects where I joined and started to earn some coins through Airdrops, those were my beginnings.

• +1 4
  • +2 1

It was way back in 2010, I was in college and I think searching ways to make some beer money and stumbled upon one of the first Bitcoin videos on Bitcoin.org, I mined a bit of Bitcoin on a laptop that night thing went from there.

i hear about bitcoin from a friend who was holding bitcoin from the last few years, i think in 2012 he started holding the bitcoin and i hear about bitcoin in 2015, now its almost 4 years i am holding and trading on bitcoin.

• +1 4

Hard Worker 😎😎

On 10/5/2019 at 4:24 AM, Pa2dara4 said:

First, of all, I want to use this opportunity to welcome everyone to the forum and to my thread. The bitcoin community is a host to different individuals from different part of the worlds meaning we all have our story of how we got to hear about bitcoin. This thread would be a nice places to share that experience, how did you hear or encounter bitcoin.

Mine was due to my search to look for lucrative online investment to profit from and stubbled upon some recommendation on bitcoin and ever since my life haven't been the same. Lets hear yours.

It was a day where i lost more in stock-market which made me to read more news. i read a article about bitcoin accidentally . Know its like other world where am always active in day to day life :).

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 3
  • +3 1

My first encountered in bitcoin is through advertisement of one website. I tried to research how to earn that coin(it was shit coin) until I encountered bitcoin and also bitcointalk forum. 

• +1 2
  • +2 2

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

That was 5-6 years ago i think, when i was searching something on google and bitcoin is one of the result. So i find many information about it and curious about bitcoin. That's my first time know about bitcoin

• +2 1

16 hours ago, Itsmeeek said:

We follow the same trend wow that's nice, nice to see you hear too

How nice that! Then I followed in some Airdrops but as I did not see that it was profitable I began to read books to learn well about trading, because initially I saw YouTube to some analysts, but I realized that most are very fakers.

• +1 2
  • +3 1

4 minutes ago, Itsmeeek said:

Didn't you participated in many of the bounties programs you seems more interested in only airdrops at the moment

At the moment I am not participating in Airdrops, only here in the forum I write every day, it is fun to comment and exchange knowledge and at the same time you get paid to do it.

40 minutes ago, lovesybitz said:

Do you have an account on bitcointalk forum mate? have you try to join in any of the bounty campaign project to that forum aside from this forum here in cryptotalk? because there are lot of opportunity for you to get profit if you join or participate in it.

Thanks bro, what happens is that the campaigns require a lot of work for a small reward, in addition there are many people who seem to have their only job to be aware of the accounts to see if they are wrong and make them burn their account, in reality there is much frustrated in life, it seems that many people in the forums do not have social life, women, children, other problems, that is what bothers me many times of that kind of rewards, instead in trading you are your boss, nobody is telling you anything .

• +1 2
  • +5 1

On 10/5/2019 at 1:21 AM, seriousguywithfunnypants said:

It was 2013 when it went to 1k! At that time I started learning its architecture and dynamics.

I was browsing around 2014 and saw an article about Bitcoin but did not focus or research more about it.

I heard about this since 2017. when my friend told me about it. I research about this and how can i earn. then i started to join. I learn more here.

I first encounter bitcoin on the internet, i saw on an ad and i was interested, so i follow things up with some friends and pursue online sites for more information and after i have gotten enough i decided to invest a little and see, from there i got in deeply.

1 minute ago, hushhush said:

I read something about bitcoin. I thought it as just for the wealthy people. But I also read that average people can be rich in crypto. We just need to understand what it is.

That is the way I got in too, saw an ad read it and got interest in bitcoin, since then i have read a lot of post about bitcoin and I am in it to make the money by all cost, bitcoin is an amazing technology, glad i got into it.

Hahaha..
honestly I first got to know bitcoin through a faucet site, very funny to me. 😅

and after that I was curious about the world of cryto, until now crypto is my daily life. can not imagine already 6 years in the crypto world. 

When I first joined cryptocurrency world, I've been very excited. My forst encounter was the online faucets. Faucethub gave me some ways to earn a little amount from different kinds and faucets. And finally after that I invested 10usd on hyip but end getting scammed. 

3 minutes ago, gier0370 said:

Year 2014 if I'm not mistaken, I've heard it in video I think it is from youtube, On that day I thought it was a coin in a video games. 

That was the rising years of bitcoin since it was release in 2009. Look how far you are now on, almost 5 years. I wish I know it since then so I can learn more from it and avoid bad results. 

• +1 2
  • +5 1

I know Bitcoin in banner ads when I surf the PTC website (I was a PTC hunter), Bitcoin pulls me to search deeper into cryptocurrency, then I leave PTC to try out the BTC faucet, I collect a piece of Satoshi as much as I can, after that I try trading in multiple cryptocurrency pairs until now.

this is really an interesting one, actually i newly bought smartphone in 2016 year, and fortunately internet/data revolution started in my country 'JIO' & at present we get most cheaper data in world. so i was having surfing habit , so i heard about bitcoin from one youtube channel & then i tried some faucets that time in 2016 yr.

never becoz when it was down and perfect time of holding the bitcoin that time i was not know about this business i started crypto business recently few days ago so i hear about the bitcoin few days back and now i am learning

Well i knew bitcoin because of my friend. He introduced me to bitcoin and how it works, use and such thing about bitcoin. So the next, he introduced me to cryptotalk and he said to me that i can earn profit by just posting here.

• +3 1