Buy Low, Sell High! - Page 5 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content

4 minutes ago, HorbiDJ1 said:

In this “buy low and sell high” strategy, I think it’s good to have a balance on both currency pairs because you are selling someone else’s coin in the order and you are buying another coin to get high profit while waiting for the coin to be sold. and buy again.

I mean you did not understand the meaning of the phrase, buy low and sell high means that you buy in the red candles when everyone sells and sells in the green candles when the market rises . 

A good method to buy low and sell high is to read the momentum of the stock. If you zoom out and look at the price changes if it is going up generally over time you want to get in at the start of the day and out before the end. If the price is not going up week after week you want to be careful getting in because the momentum is not on your side. If it is going down all the time you want to wait until it gets to a bottom, never invest when the chart shows the price has been going down week after week. It's really just simple chart reading and looking at the price trend over time.

Yes. Everyone want this. But it is more difficult to perform. In day trading you are unable to pick out the lower and upper. Unless in long term trade you can wait and set up your mind to the higher limit. At last technical analysis is more important to trade. 

to me always better to buy on the lows and lower lows, then hold this position untill the next bull run! that's the secret to holy grail to be rich!

On 11/6/2019 at 2:07 AM, Cryptominded said:

Buying low and selling high is every trader's dream of how trading should go, but how does one tell what price is low and which is high? Entry and exit, that is the hard nut., even seasoned traders struggle with them because  they are like mirage. Let's discuss how we approach this issues

We have the same question,how can we really tell what price is low and high because sometimes charts are not accurate,mostly price of a coin depends on how people shill it or based on traders sentiments,that's why me,i used to be a hodler😁

On 11/5/2019 at 9:37 PM, Cryptominded said:

Buying low and selling high is every trader's dream of how trading should go, but how does one tell what price is low and which is high? Entry and exit, that is the hard nut., even seasoned traders struggle with them because  they are like mirage. Let's discuss how we approach this issue!

The low or high price is different for every coin. There is a process to find out more about prices. Some websites offer information about each cryptocurrency price and give you charts which show how the prices have changed during any period you choose. You can extract lots of data from these charts. You can even see the price of each coin in every year, month and even day! If you have a look at the history of prices, you can discover the average price movement pattern for each coin. For example, see bitcoin price in each week in 2016 and find the lowest and highest numbers. Repeat this process for some years before and after that. This way you can get an estimation of how bitcoin has behaved in the market. Then you can easily detect if a particular price is low or high.

On 12/12/2019 at 2:37 AM, Digicoin said:

That is how Crypto works. To buy low and sell high. But, the time when the price is low or high is hard to predict. Right?

This is the simple explanation Yes, buy down and sell high, but often when you buy at the bottom, the currency does not go up with me and continues to be special and you will lose your money if you do not have enough experience, the point is not buying below, but buying in the right place.

I think you are right but it depends on coin analysis coin total supply then you can buy lower and sell as your desire profit, sometimes some coin delistet from exchange and banish from crypto market so be careful befor you buy coin.

11 minutes ago, Shehriyar said:

Yes BUT you need to watch the market time to time and invest in good coins and tokens also check VIP signel

No dont base your trades to any VIP signal group because you wont gain any profits following signal call because the time you are buying some are already selling.

Buy low and sell high is of course always the goal of people and not only with crypto. 

there are specifics rules to respect to win in crypto.

1) Select a crypto with a solid team and a projet which will impact life of people in the future

2) Buy when the majority seems to be not interrested in a projet that you know its a good one  and wait. Not buy when everybody rush on it

3) you must have in mind a goal concerning the price you want sell. Of course it wont never be the highest one and perhaps you will be disappointed not selling at the highest but it will avoid to wait too long and see the price falls 

4) If your goals of prices are reached , dont be too sentimental en react immediately and when the goal is reached

trees dont grow to sky

38 minutes ago, Kaëns Christophe said:

Buy low and sell high is of course always the goal of people and not only with crypto. 

there are specifics rules to respect to win in crypto.

1) Select a crypto with a solid team and a projet which will impact life of people in the future

2) Buy when the majority seems to be not interrested in a projet that you know its a good one  and wait. Not buy when everybody rush on it

3) you must have in mind a goal concerning the price you want sell. Of course it wont never be the highest one and perhaps you will be disappointed not selling at the highest but it will avoid to wait too long and see the price falls 

4) If your goals of prices are reached , dont be too sentimental en react immediately and when the goal is reached

trees dont grow to sky

Nice inputs and I like especially point #4 because it does seem most of us are becoming sentimentally attached to certain coins we hold and our emotions take over logical reasoning that many don't get to sell even insight of dwindling profits only to become depressed in the long wait for price to rise again. Certainly the story would have been different if they had sold high and now an opportunity to buy low again.

To react to cryptominded , would say i am not different of other people and have made the mistakes of point 4 in the past

Many time goals was reached and didnt sell because i was sentimentally linked to the company and whats happened each time?  i didnt sell when the goal was reached , the price has fallen down and i could have bought it again several times at the price i bought it the first time

Made 10 or 20% each time of the sum, will you drive even high than someone who wait 200% but you are in order to limit the risk to stay long time on it and see the crypto falls again

Easy to say but difficult to do because at one time you want win more and faster

I think you should buy low, but not sell just hold. Keep holding because when everyone sells they sell too early and lose their real profits. For example btc price went to $1 to $30 early on and everyone sells at $30. If they had just held until today they would have a had a huge profit instead of selling at $30. You cannot know the future but you can plan to buy early and hold for a long time to get the best price instead of selling out of fear.

2 hours ago, Digicoin said:

Yes. You are correct. It is Al's very difficult to know when the price is low and when the price is high. More knowledge about crypto market is needed.

The solution to this problem is simple in the normal case, buy from the support and sell it in the resistance, but the biggest problem is the manipulation that takes place on the market by the whales, I believe that you know exactly what is happening.

• Useful or interesting 1

Yeah, that's what everyone should be shooting for, and how do you buy low?  By buying low!  And what's low right now?  Bitcoin is. 

You might be discouraged because bitcoin is dropping like a stone, but it's times like these when smart money is putting it into bitcoin, not during times like this last summer when it was hitting its year's high.  It's tough to buy something when its getting slammed, but its the right thing to do if you want to make money.

Dear friends, it is really good and everyone wants, buy low and sell high, but to make you need investors and that needs your experience in predicting the market.
good luck

On 11/5/2019 at 11:52 PM, Cryptominded said:

Buying low and selling high is every trader's dream of how trading should go, but how does one tell what price is low and which is high? Entry and exit, that is the hard nut., even seasoned traders struggle with them because  they are like mirage. Let's discuss how we approach this issue!

Yes this is most strategies that is followed by almost all people. When price of crypto goes down just sell it to gain the price . This one is most common technique.

On 12/19/2019 at 5:47 PM, Wizkidda said:

it's some thing they say very often, but it doesn't surely assist new human beings. it's far tough to surely find whilst the rate is low or high sufficient and from my experience when the price has long past down enough people will say that it might pass down so I never offered, and when it went up lots that the rate was going to reach the moon and blah blah , so do not concentrate to anyone telling you in which to buy or sell just learn in your very own.

Yes it's good to be a knowledgeable and skillful trader and not having to swallow hooks and sinkers whatever was thrown you in the market, but at the same time, it's also worth to always keep tabs with market sentiment because they often point out the path less taken, like now panic is in the air and so you can position yourself to rather be greedy at the moment.

On 05.11.2019 at 22:07, Cryptominded said:

I watch the market of a certain crypto pair for about a week and conclude where the peak and bottom are. Based on this, I buy and sell.

Buying low and selling high, to determine the lowest price usually people use technical analysis such as candlesticks, or use Bear Scenarios, it is also very important to pay attention / analyze the volume.

On 11/6/2019 at 2:07 AM, Cryptominded said:

Simply,when no one wants that coin,you buy, and when everyone wants to buy that coin then sell,checking the price and chart history will help you determine when to buy,and small profit or gains will do.

Buy at low price, sell at high price. Anyone who can be noticed in the economic market or the selected market starts to trade with this dream and generally there are very few investors who succeed in doing this transaction successfully. Yes, maybe it is impossible to determine the peak and bottom price or to trade from here, but we can implement the strategy to buy at low price and sell at high price by trading between the correct price range.

My main language is not English, sorry for if i made any mistake when i write a message.

Give me 💙 if my post is helpful

Thank you.

1 hour ago, CryptoMaxim said:

I watch the market of a certain crypto pair for about a week and conclude where the peak and bottom are. Based on this, I buy and sell.

Are those so called peak stable for sometimes, or as the price they are not stable as well?

1 hour ago, Ms.o said:

Simply,when no one wants that coin,you buy, and when everyone wants to buy that coin then sell,checking the price and chart history will help you determine when to buy,and small profit or gains will do.

I have 2 questions for you based on your suggestion above:

1, How do you know when no one wants a coin again

2. If indeed, no one wants a coin again, does not that go to show the coin is already dead?