Cryptopia Limited (in Liquidation) - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
salakka

Cryptopia Limited (in Liquidation)

Dear Cryptopia Stakeholder,

You are being emailed as part of the Liquidation of Cryptopia Limited.

The liquidators have applied to the High Court of New Zealand for directions regarding the legal status of customer holdings and the ability to hold Cryptocurrency on trust. The Liquidators have asked the Court to appoint two Queen’s Counsel for these proceedings.

The Court has approved the Queen’s Counsel appointment and service of this order must be effected by the liquidators sending an email with a link to these proceedings for all potential trust beneficiaries and creditors that Cryptopia held email addresses for.

The Court orders and an update from the liquidators can be found at the link below:

https://www.grantthornton.co.nz/update-for-cryptopia-account-holders-25-october-2019/

===========================================================================================

i got thats email today? anyone got same email too?

I get that email today too, and they did not share any new news but of course it's good that they have your email.

We will see what will be in future, but good thing is that they work on that to give us our coins back.

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

19 hours ago, benithomasha said:

It was a trading site until someday it got hacked and they were forced to close the dsite due to loss of a lot of money, but they are paying their users slowly.

How do they pay all that money to their users ? I mean if they hacked and stopped working anymore then they dont make money.It is sad though...

Yes, I received such mail from the Cryptopia exchange some time ago as well as all registered. Unfortunately the exchange was closed and luckily I had no currencies on the exchange at that time. But I do not know whether others were able to withdraw their money.

What's the issue with this site do you stop installment and work

What is this site is a venture or exchanging and mining

After several attempts of hacking from the scammers they locked the withdrawal function on the exchange. I think now all users have got their assets from the exchange. It was the very sad news for all the crypto lovers where hackers created the trouble. 

I have never dealt with this platform Cryptopia Limited and although it is old until I did not participate in it or register an account there

THINK POSITIVE

This is the problem and the the big risk we encounter in this adventure of cryptocurrency, when we do trade in a such website exchange, we need to be attentive and careful for no hold a lot of our coin in their wallet, because if they suffer any attack like what happened with Cryptopia exchange we will lost all our coins without refund!

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

I lost money with the Cryptopia closure, sad story. I am not waiting to recover the funds. It will be a very very long process. People who lost money on Mtgox arestill waiting their funds...

Free $0.50 daily paid in Crypto -Here-
Free crypto and fresh news daily -Here-

2 days to profit -Here-

I think this mail that Cryptopia sent to members in order to settle accounts and funds that are in the platform in order to send them to them because the platform will be closed

Life is great and enjoy it

I didn't used that platform because I got some hint by my friend that their are highly chance that they doing scam to there user .

I see there are some YouTuber who say that they got their fund back but I think not all user get paid .

19797726_signatutelogo.jpeg.5619939f2adcfc45c33a5e7577232a71.jpeg

This exchange has stopped working due to safety problems, so the managers say, but they did not return the money to the traders, as all users of this exchange lost large sums without any compensation and one of the downsides of decentralization is that they cannot be legally pursued to return the money

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Personally I've written off my coins in Cryptopia and don't expect to get them back. I've read that if they pay users back they will ask for KYC and I'm not going to do one for the money I have there. I don't even remember the amount of coins I had and I think that most of them were down a lot as it was mostly shitcoins as PAC , Leet, spankchain and more useless coins that will eventually reach zero.

On 11/6/2019 at 3:34 PM, BullRunBit said:

I get that email today too, and they did not share any new news but of course it's good that they have your email.

We will see what will be in future, but good thing is that they work on that to give us our coins back.

@BullRunBit what will this have to do with the customers cryptocurrencies  that was stolen? Any news about the payment

2 hours ago, Yomose said:

@BullRunBit what will this have to do with the customers cryptocurrencies  that was stolen? Any news about the payment

I wouldn't say the funds are gone forever as the funds should be returned to the owners in a liquidation process but you shouldn't be too optimistic. A judgement was passed in April by a New Zealand high court  but how will account holders be verified?

Edited by Raqeebzy

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

Coordination between the government and the trading platform and the state’s recognition of the platform, and to be this platform licensed, all of these is very good, but only in countries that recognize cryptocurrencies, but your platform today is global and you are promoting it all over the world, so how will your customer who resides in a region that does not recognize Cryptocurrency will benefit from this service?

I think this is a type of further plan or something cause many people got the same email who are related to crypto wouldand you are promoting it all over the world, so how will your customer who resides in a region that does not recognize Cryptocurrency will benefit from this service?