How i back up Google Authorization to recover 2FA? Help please - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

How i back up Google Authorization to recover 2FA? Help please

2FA protection is very necessary but the mobile may be damaged or stolen, So before this happens how can we back up the Google Authenticator android APP.
I have tried a lot but I have not found a way so does any of you know how to back up?

2 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

2FA protection is very necessary but the mobile may be damaged or stolen, So before this happens how can we back up the Google Authenticator android APP.
I have tried a lot but I have not found a way so does any of you know how to back up?

I use two cellphones to backup all my 2FA. Also, when you install 2FA, there is a 2FA code that you should write and save. Proper management will prevent you from difficulties.

• Useful or interesting 1

21 minutes ago, Saladdin said:

If you lost your backup kye then the only answer is sorry. Because there is no way to backup lost key for Google authenticator now so be careful before using authentication

I didn't lose my backup keys but I'm looking for a way to save them from the Google authentication application before I lose them. I think there must be a way to back up this app.

5 minutes ago, bichou1584 said:

I had a similar problem when my phone was stolen and I had to contact the support of all the sites and it was necessary to prove the identity and upload the documents.

Yes this is very big problem and happen to me once i changed my phone and forget to save some codes for some sites in the new phone then i contact support and ask me many information to prove my ID. So i try to fined way to back up 2FA it's very necessary for me.

12 hours ago, themightygambler said:

I think the only safest way so far was manually write it on notepad, microsoft word or another text-based app and then encrypt it with rar and save it on offline storage like flashdisk, the other way was write backup code on note.

Yes this is good idea but you need always to register in new site an make 2FA, then i think it is not good idea to make notepad for every new site. So i prefer if there is a way to to back up google app and make Back up for all sites once.

13 minutes ago, SarapCrypto said:

I am also confused on this one and this can be so important because there can be a time when we have to replace the phone that we are using, right? Now let me share with you this good guide which I am using:

https://www.wikihow.tech/Back-Up-Google-Authenticator-on-Android

Thank you for sharing this really useful information but I want to ask you about the application Authy Is it really safe because I understand that it stores your data on the Internet to be able to retrieve it again. So i think that it is a kind of risk. what you think?

When you set up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on your account, after successfully registering, make sure you save the BACKUP KEY, it is necessary that you can use it to access your account again, in case you lose your phone or device.

When you activate the 2FA security system it gives you a code or number and says you save it in a safe place and that code is backup
If you miss it or don't register it, contact the site to disable 2FA and reactivate it again.
It may take some time

THINK POSITIVE

You must contact the site if you have lost your 2fa and waiting for a response from them and disable the service on your account and re-activate

Life is great and enjoy it

On 11/3/2019 at 7:05 PM, Crypto123 said:

I quickly checked on the internet and it seems that Google Authenticator has no way to backup that data, which is a bit concerning. I have also been wondering about this. I usually save the bar codes as a screen shot so if something happens, I can always scan them again later.

Click to get free Crypto from the best faucets:
Bicoin, Ethereum, Monero, DogeBytecoin, Digibyte, Steem, Tron, Verge, Siacoin

20 hours ago, Hashimi said:

It easy but still too many peoples don't know how to active two factor Authentication. Also i must suggest to use good application for backup your wallets privates keys.

It's one of the biggest mistakes in the cryptocurrency area. It is an additional security option that removes problems in case your password is found.

On 11/3/2019 at 11:05 PM, Crypto123 said:

you can't backup on google athenticator. you can use others that support it. if you want to use only google, you need to save the private key you used for creating athentication

Bengali?

View this Topic

3 hours ago, Emma said:

you can't backup on google athenticator. you can use others that support it. if you want to use only google, you need to save the private key you used for creating athentication

Thank you. Have you ever tried an application other than the Google application be as good as Google and the possibility of backing up the keys. If there is a program that allows this feature please give me the name of this app.

it's very complicated, because all I know for Google Authorization is only one for mobile phones and for example it has been used for one wallet or exchanger, so that's what will be forever used and I don't know how to back up on other phones.

It looks like you have to use the application that mendungan to backup all your data. please find the answer from the comments here, they will definitely suggest which application is good for you.

You will logged in your account through the mail so go and login your account to the authentication app its easy not so much difficult. Crypto is the best business in the world and we can just say that it will change the world soon and we are waiting for that time because we invest so much money in it.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I think in 2fa mobile application you ca' do your backup in the beginning I mean it will ask you when you open the app at the first time, but in the Google extension it will ask you in every time you opened the extension 

I save on cloud storage to backup important data, like saving on email that is very privacy and secure. Can also save on a telegram account that is completely safe and uses an active number

I don't know that there is any way to back up Google Authorization to recover 2FA but while I am using I get a code which I can't remember maybe that for the back up Google Authorization.

I don't think so that there is any way to back up Google Authorization to recover 2FA but you can backup your provided key.

When you will make any 2fa in any exchange or other site, they will give you a provided key by which you can get codes. just save the code in a good place.

Bengali?

View this Topic

In cryptocurrency Exchanges very to get high security to attach 2fa Google authentication is important but don't forget to save codes. Write down in white paper save it right place. It is used for security purposes.

It's my signature

IMG_20191208_161106161_3.jpg

On 11/29/2019 at 7:53 PM, heelsibat said:

When you first setup your Google authenticator with two factor authentication. They provide you backup 5 or 6 code. If your mobile device is stolen or reset then those code works. I think you missed that.

yes your are right that if we safe that 6 code words its good for us and if we lost that then i think it is not recover easily because in google authentication we safe so many websites 2FA and if we can loss the code all the website 2FA will be loss and if we invest in that website than we loss our all coins.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

3 hours ago, Binjit said:

when you eneble google Authenticator you must keep safe keys who site provide you because  have one option to backup from keys if mobile damage or stolen 

I know that, of course, but I need a way that I can retrieve it all at once without having to write it one by one. This feature is not available on Android, but it is available for the Google app on iPhone.

I only know the way to recover the account with just one phone, but when the phone changes, it never happens to me. If I advise you to go to support, they may help you and I hope so.