Bitcoin supply - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Bitcoin supply

Learn about Bitcoin supply from 

Why is there 21 million bitcoin supply? Can it be modified?
Why will we never actually reach 21 million bitcoin? 
More about it watch in this great video made by Andreas Antonopoulos

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 2

9 minutes ago, Kim K said:

A good material for beginners and all crypto enthusiast at large. The video is quite informative and educative. With mining difficulties increasing, getting all the 21 million will be pretty hard. I recommend this video to anyone who wants to learn more about bitcoin

I also recommend  every single video from Andreas Antonopoulos. This guy is very smart and he know how to talk and to explain very good anything crypto and bitcoin related.

Edited by hexwin

2 hours ago, Kim K said:

I will try see more of his video on YouTube. I hardly follow these crypto guys on YouTube as they often times sees it as an avenue to talk about crypto signal thereby pumping coins they hold for profits. Tired of whales greed

AA is not pumping any coins... and not all youtubers are doing that.
Some of them actually try to educate people to learn more about blockchain, and Bitcoin

Helle everyone 👋 what I understand is what after the bitcoin number 21 million get mined the blockchain don't going to stop only that the rewards for miners will be only the fees of each block, so that's why I think what at that stage the bitcoin price must be really high to encourage the miners to keep moving the blockchain, I mean each new block reward don't going to generate new bitcoins the miners only will receive how reward the amount of feeds injected in the block from transactions. This is really complex to understand completely I hope here we can clear a lot of doubts about it. 👍

7 minutes ago, Kim K said:

Went through more videos from this guy channel and i agreed with you completely. His channel seek to educate people more about crypto trade. I am so impressed with what i saw. Thanks for the referrals

Yeah...that is why he has over 185000 subscribers.
Here is his new video regarding mining after year 2140 .... Interesting topic related with this Topic

3 hours ago, setifien said:

But I have read in an article (on coindesk) that 21M cap is aspirational, so if people (enough people) decide to change it, the system will move to it!!

That is not possible.
Only way this could be done is with new hard fork and there will be have to be split.
I doubt anyone would support coin with changed supply.

We can simply use units smaller than Satoshi  for Bitcoin

This is the TOTAL to be mined bitcoin. It's not the official real number, because there's a lot of btc lost forever because some people forgot or lost their private keys..

Very interesting movie, as I understand it you removed the video guide on this topic? If Yes, then you are really a great fellow, because personally for me this is a new topic. I will wait for more new interesting posts from you, it will be interesting to read.

Thanks for sharing this kind of informational and useful video. but The actual number isn't 21 million.  People just round up to 21 million.

Bitcoin is only supplied 21000000 of bitcoins but I can say only 20 millions if bitcoins users can be able to use. But 1 million bitcoin is owned by satosh nakamoto by unknown wallet.

On 11/2/2019 at 1:00 AM, kylepresz said:

When we consider our rather limited technology of today and the increasing difficulty to mine Bitcoin, it's true that we may actually never reach 21 million. However, when you take a more futuristic approach, like Quantum computers, you start to realize that it may be possible. Imagine millions of quantum computers mining bitcoin. It would be done in no time at all.

Yea it is true after  read about quantum computer it ia really expencived capital to made bitcoin  it more thats why Bitcoin have limited suply 21. .but who knows because many young milyuner ia cryptomania have plan aomething fot.the future od Bitcoin 

As i know btc mining will run till 2040 and i think the bitcoin supply can be modified and the supply may be less than total 21 million if the miner become uninterested to mine.

i don't think that the supply of the btc can be stopped. because many people are trying to mine a btc it is not an easy job to be done. it require a lot of time to be done so that i think that if the supply of bitcoin is distrub than a lot of people will be harmed.

On 10/31/2019 at 5:56 PM, hexwin said:

Learn about Bitcoin supply from 

Why is there 21 million bitcoin supply? Can it be modified?
Why will we never actually reach 21 million bitcoin? 
More about it watch in this great video made by Andreas Antonopoulos

21 Million bitcoin has been programmed to be minted but in the process of achieving maximum supply some coins are lost or burned. So the correct statement is not that we will not reach the maximum supply but the amount available in circulation does not reach 21 Million Bitcoin. The maximum number of minted will remains 21 Million.

BTC: 3PmWotSGNLYiQtQgmRctqAAWVMtAayf282

I think yes, it can be modified, because this supply is not going to hold forever and I think there will be a time when they will increase thus amount of course, I can't imagine there is one day bitcoin will disappear like there is anything happened before, I am sure they will do something about this total supply soon

• Useful or interesting 1

Actually everything in the Bitcoin code can be changed and every feature can be altered into something else. What is needed is consensus between the developers, the miners, the community and lastly the exchanges. Everyone is playing a big part and if it becomes imperative for Bitcoin to alter, then the maximum supply can alter as well. We've seen in the past the Segwit fork and how members of the community disagreed and continued work on the forked blockchain. Developments have to be done. If it means to have more than 21m coins then code can be changed. I don't actually think that this is right now a good idea though, but I'm talking perhaps about 20-30 years in the future.

I think we can't increase bitcoin supply. The supply of bitcoin is limited. If the supply of bitcoin goes up, I think the price will go down and the crypto market will start to panic

Well i heard of these questions many time even in this forum. The only response is there is 100 million satoshis in 1 btc, that means 21mn btc will have 21mn X 100 mn. you do the math. There will be enough for everyone. Satoshi thought about it very well and presented a full proof state of art product. 

Thank you for the topic. I think that this video should be published in all means of community communication in order to attract new people to the field and religion who do not know anything about bitcoin.

Bitcoin supply now is 21 million. Where it will be reduced later in the fight this year when halving occurs. bitcoin supply will decrease every 4 years.

Thanks for the useful post and for of course helpful video. l have showed till the end and l would say it is a man, which can explain the situation. 🙂

3 hours ago, moudar92 said:

Perhaps the question here is why will Bitcoin production stop at 21 million? And the answer: This is how those who programmed the algorithms of this currency have identified them, and the reason for their inventory to be controlled is, like gold, whose stock is limited and this makes it precious and valuable, and even that the global currencies were associated with it.

From what I understand the mining of bitcoin cannot continue after all 22 million bitcoins are mined. How why would the production of bitcoin continue when that's not possible? Maybe there will be a new bitcoin created 

Oh dear bitcoin total supply is 21 millions and now circulating supply of btc is 18 millions and remaining btc will still mine able and many mining operation are continuing still all btc will mined after many years.