How to Identify Cryptocurrency Scams - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
dextrolker

How to Identify Cryptocurrency Scams

at this time I have not been able to Identify Cryptocurrency Fraud, and I want to find out how to identify fraud, so that later if I am exposed to fraud I try to know.

47 minutes ago, alphon54 said:

The article well reveal various aspects of fraudulent projects. In addition, I want to note that often fraudulent projects are easy to recognize. Usually they offer to get easy money without doing anything in return. Although even Airdrops suggest the fulfillment of a certain condition for obtaining coins.

Speaking of airdop, there is minimal fraud here. Because you don't need to pay money for a coin. You do not need to buy or invest in a coin. At most, you may not receive the promised coins for having made certain actions on social networks (like, repost).

My own method is I always check the credibility if site's information and check its reviews on different sites. You can easily notice it's a scam if the address use were unrealistic or the picture just retrieved from the Internet. 

On 10/26/2019 at 2:37 AM, dextrolker said:

How do people usually see if something in this cryptocurrencies world is a scam? Emails, websites, products, icos, etc... what is your way of protecting yourself from these scams?

In my personal experience, in the scam project, you will see a lot of spelling mistakes. They also provide different emails in different sectors. customer service is also poor.

Bengali?

View this Topic

if al want to reduce of scam project lets learn together this we must to pay attention to a few important points starting from whitepaper read detail the contents of all the whitepapers then the roadmap of the project , patnership in the project have a good reputation or not , and team handling the project full profile must to be detailed .

On 10/26/2019 at 4:37 AM, dextrolker said:

How do people usually see if something in this cryptocurrencies world is a scam? Emails, websites, products, icos, etc... what is your way of protecting yourself from these scams?

Always read their aim for campaign. It is obvious to know who are scammers and not, because of impossible or unbelievable profit that you can gain. Don't go easy on those people who don't have the evidence that they claim it, always check the reviews.

indeed it is very difficult to identify fraud, because there are many ways they do to attract the interest of the investors, for example with the lure of a bonus for purchasing so many coins in ICO, promises of listing promises in large markets and that I think has become an outdated way to cheat in the world crypto

For me, to identify a crypto scammer is that you must know if he or she is saying truth about a specific investment or trading. If you are not sure about what is he or she's saying, then you must not trust him or her.

I used some security measures especially in unknown sites. Like example in browser's search field I check if the lock is green in the most left side of the field so in short its secured and protected for me.

When you see something new related to cryptos that you want to try out or want to participate in then research about that thing on google. and try to see if its a legitimate thing. If you want to participate in icos or coinsales then do some heavy research on the teams. most of the time the teams info will be fake and you will be able to spot it.

For finding out the scam of any cryptocurrency you should do check their Whitepaper, their website, their team and also do some research about them it might be help you to know which cryptocurrecny is scams.

To identify them just to check their profiles, information and details that if it is true to invest them or trade because sometimes people uses fake accounts or second account of the person who is really trader then they scam their target.

468x60-3.png

I think there is no specific way to identify scammers because sometime many promising coin also scammed. So if you want to scam free I suggest you to never invest on any coin before it listed to any market.     

There are many adverts especially on cryptocurrency advertisement networks offering to show how to make as from $50 - $400 in 15 minutes and if that have not been getting patronage those ads would have seized but the reverse is the case. The question anyone should ask himself before thinking if they're real or not is, why would anyone be willing to spend their their money in advertising the secret they found about how to make money?

Of course, no one does that and that answers the question. Only gullible people go ahead to deposit their money in the fictitious exchange they're directed to and that's end of story.

On 10/26/2019 at 1:37 AM, dextrolker said:

So many peoples will join the crypto in these days and they are investors and they want to double their amount and the scammers will start to launched new coins and also new exchanges. the newbie will invest in the fake exchnages and they close everything instantly. So join old exchange and also invest in old and real coins.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 10/26/2019 at 4:37 AM, sashimidore said:

If you apply some common sense, almost all scams can be detected easily, nothing is usually free. Yes I know giveaways exist out there but even those are not free, they usually require you to do some small task like retweeting something. Classic scams like: Hey I'll send you 1 BTC but you have to send me 0.01 BTC first, are clearly scams and if you fall for those, I don't know what to tell you.

In able to determine cryptocurrency scams you must research first. Investing your money in cryptocurrency sites is a bit hard so you must research first for the website and read the comment sections. You may also ask someone who is in the trading society so that you will be sure of the site.

Edited by FaithJoy06

It's totally depends on your experience. I am working with cryptocurrency for about 2 years. Now I understand which project is scam. So you can also understand in future

1 hour ago, subtalor said:

Yes exaсtly. An аirdrоp саnnot bе а triсk in it is self becаusе it does not pay. Tо triсk you wish tо urgе somеthing and that they get not anything. Unlеss... Thе work runs аirdrоps they by no meаns sеt up оn pаying fаir if yоu want tо shоw their triсk undertаking onе final thrust a while сurrently it passеs оn.

Airdrop is often paid but a lot of money will not work there. Airdrop is hardly called a scam, because the airdrop does not ask you to buy its coins. If you do some tasks but don't get coins for airdrop then it doesn't matter. It's worse when you buy coins but you don't keep them

When an exchange, ICO, IEO or anyone paying, people usually call them as  genuine program and they are great. People call scam to anyone when someone stops to pay or respond emails, etc. This usually happen because of lack of funds with the owner.

No way to identify a scam in these days, because these scammers already had experience for dealing with customers.

I watch the team member and ICO which gives free tokens I Don't believe on them. A solid team is a reflect of a successful ICO i believe.        

what is your way of protecting yourself from these scams?

If it sounds too good to be true, then probably it's a scam. If you want to be sure to your investment, stay away from ICOs and shitcoins, rather only invest in Bitcoin.

It was a great article which really help a lot of investors. This articles should spread out her in crypto world because as bitcoin grows and and become popular more greedy people is thinking a way on how they can get a lot of profit through scamming.  So I am hoping that this article will educate more people.

How to identify cryptocurrencies scams? Hmm. For me as of now it is very easy to to notice or recognise if it is a scam, guys just be wise thinker and be smart. Have some common sense and also don't get believe easily. 

Most crypto website scams uses the same theme and rewards system on their site. Luring people on the fact that they could earn 100 usd instantly as soon as they sign up on the said site. Signing up your email and the same password as you use on other account could be a way for scammer to retrieve the data and use it exploit other with the use if your identity.