Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets? - Page 19 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets?

Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets?  

583 members have voted

1. 1. Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets?

• YES
    • NO
    • I don't know

I try not to keep my Bitcoin on exchanges. I have in wallet. I use exchanges to trade and hold a few Bitcoin just because I wait to make it a large sum to send to the wallet. This is how we must treat exchanges and maybe some of them we can trust them as Yobit Binance and Coinbase but not for a long time and not with Bitcoin that we don't use to trade.

• Useful or interesting 1

I feel that this answer should be a NO but I also feel very secure with Yobit so I'm not going to be exact. We can have a wallet and store Bitcoin there, this is the best way to do it, but we can also use Yobit and the incredible investbox BTC plan they have and earn 1% daily!

I keep part of my currencies in an external wallet for storage and the other part in trading platforms, there are many platforms that are safe and can be traded on

Once in a while we watch what happens in exchanges and we get the answer we need. We have to send our Bitcoin in a wallet to be secure. Only with a private key we actually own them. There are safe exchanges but we don't know what can happen. The industry is still very young.

• +1 1

Most times my crypro assets are kept in exchanges because they are there for business. There is no point keeping or storing them in wallets without any turnover.

• +4 1

As in the case of software that simply stores keys, it is technically a wallet, but it lacks a direct connection to the Bitcoin network (as it is a paper). The paper wallet is a private key printed on paper, either encrypted with another key or put directly, but it is interesting to mention it. It is a rudimentary modality and not very comfortable to manage but can be considered very secure. It is perfect for “Cold Wallets” (high security cold wallets). The main benefit of using paper wallets is that you are safe from hardware failures or cyberattacks. You can see in our article how to create a paper Bitcoin wallet step by step, avoid using unknown Bitcoin wallets and, in the case of software, better if they are Open Source with public code. We also recommend that you read how to make a secure backup of your cryptocurrency at all times. Finally I do not keep bitcoin in exchanges because there are dangers of theft so I keep bitcoin in the exchange the necessary to make trade

• +1 1

I keep my coins on the exchanges because when the coin is up at that time i sell my coins instantly and no one know that what time the crypto market touch the sky thats the main reason that i keep my coins on the exchange.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Currently there is no 100% secure exchange, either due to security flaws, misuse by users of their options or simply due to attacks that deny the service, all of them can fail.
The wallets in the same way there are no infallible phishing or theft of keys or spam in mail, they can steal our credentials.

The safest are nano ledgers or paperwallets.

On 10/24/2019 at 2:53 PM, hexwin said:

Simple question and VOTE ☝️:

Do you keep your Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets and where?

Do you think it is safe or not?

I don't have that much BTC but the ones I have @hexwin ,I store them in Crypto exchanges.I mostly convert them to other coins Like Minex and XRP etc.

i think that it is safe and reliable .Also keeping your BTC in wallets is more reliable and safe then Exchanges because now a days Exchanges are being hacked ,I recommend you if you have many   BTC Store them in a safe wallet like Coinbase.

🥰 DO GOOD AND HAVE GOOD🥰

NEVER DEMOLARIZE A JUNIOR MEMBER  

😎

22 hours ago, Semen Levshunov said:

I store the bulk of crypto on hardware wallets about 80%, what I bought for long-term investment in 2015, on stock exchanges and digital wallets 10/10%.

Normally, hardware wallets are the perfect place to store cryptocurrencies, it store private key offline. That said, you can also make use of online wallet but very not safe like offline wallets, hardware wallets are offline wallets. The worst place to store cryptocurrencies  are exchanges because they are often hacked. 

I do not have any Bitcoins at this current moment but if I did have any I would keep them in wallets like Coinbase, Robin Hood, Electrum, Mycelium, Trezor Model Z, Ledger Nano X, Ledger Nano S, Edge, Exodus etc because these some of the best and safest wallets out there. Cold wallets are some of the safest and secure wallets out there so I would prefer to store my Bitcoins in them. I do not normally keep Bitcoins on an exchange because they are the most likely to get hacked and anyone who has kept large amounts of crypto on them could face a lot of losses.

BitCNY giving away 1500$ worth of tokens

Bot Link: https://t.me/BitCnyBot?start=r03654319640

Ends/Withdrawal: 15 January

21 hours ago, OTOBO said:

Most times my crypro assets are kept in exchanges because they are there for business. There is no point keeping or storing them in wallets without any turnover.

I think that depends on how much coins you have and how much of it you need for business, if it is not enough then you are right there is no point keeping it in your wallets, but if you have too much then it is better to keep most securely in wallets.

If I keep a small part in online wallets, that is normally a small part with which I only operate on different exchange platforms for most of my cryptocurrencies, which I want to keep for the Latin future, a cold wallet where I have such private ones. and total control over my cryptocurrencies
  Good luck to all and a big greeting

I don't keep my crypto's in exchanges.I store them in coinbase wallet.I feel stress free while i withdraw from an exchanger.I don't know why so much poeple voted yes.I guess they didn't understand your question properly.I am sure that most of the poeple in crypto store their cryptocurrency in offline wallet.

I use the exchange becasue in the crypto market no one know  when the coin go to high in the crypto market and than i sell my coins in a good rate. Crypto market is a great market and in this business peoples will make good money and i make good money in it.

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

I leave my coins in exchange, yes, I see no problems, and that makes it easier for me, because when I see the opportunity to win, it is already there. But of course I enter daily and I am always watching what happens in the cryptocurrency market.

As of then I was saving my earnings, investment and profits from trading both in exchange for mean time but with the current rise of exchange scamming, this make me to metamorphose to the use of hard and offline wallets for savings of my capital and profits.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

Yes , i do because the saftey services of the platforms are very high and the keep the credit amounts in  deep or cold wallets and I'd like to suggest  the youbit platform ,it's one of the platforms that haven't been hacked since inception 

La respuesta a su pregunta es si, la mayor parte de las criptomonedas que poseo la tengo en el exchange Yobit en el cual confio plenamente, la billetera que uso es trust wallet la cual considero segura tambien.

I keep a part of my crypto in an exchange to be able to operate in its moment and the rest in my Atomic wallet, it is very safe I have not had problems in the time that I have been using it 

• +2 1

Some say that exchange wallets are not safe and that you could lose your money because when the exchange gets hacked then your money is hacked with the exchange. On the other online wallets may be good because they are standalone but the fact that it is connected to the internet also pose a big risk.

You could have written what you think about this too, just to make this post useful but probably you didn't want to do that, and I wouldn't expect something else having a user name of that project.

I have part of it in exchanges, it must be clarified that in exchanges a part is owed if you are a trader, on the other hand, most of your cryptocurrencies are recommended to be stored in a cold wallet. Remember that exchanges can be hacked and lose your funds.

• +2 2

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

I think wallets are best for keeping crypto coins rather the exchanges. Generally i dont have big asset but i keep some altcoins or token like Ltc, Uni, Rel token in wallet named trust wallet or atomic wallet. But i also have some satoshi on yobit exchange because price of btc are ups and down very quickly so thats for getting profit i use yobit for btc. So its depend on coins for long time i use wallet and for day trading exchanger is good. 

Edited by gbfisher

BetFury                                                   

Most of the time I keep my funds in Payeer's multi-wallet, basically because the commissions when using XRP is very low and their network is fast, however I take into account the risks of something like that, since basically any platform can be attacked and  therefore I can lose my funds, so I frequently transfer to a cold wallet.