What will happen to lost Bitcoin ? - Page 2 - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Grace

What will happen to lost Bitcoin ?

On 10/22/2019 at 8:05 PM, Grace said:

What will be happened to lost Bitcoins in the future? Let's say people lost 5m bitcoin in 100 years then what will happen?

If the bitcoin is lost it will be lost forever and to recover it back is really impossible. So always be careful when moving your bitcoin check everything that is necessary to prevent losing it.

Lost due to factors stolen or lost access to open due to loss of private key?if due to factors being stolen, the bitcoin circulation is still ongoing. will be due to the second factor i.e. the loss to access a wallet containing bitcoin, the bitcoin that is in it is still in the blockchain network, but does not circulate. 

On 10/22/2019 at 10:05 PM, Grace said:

What will be happened to lost Bitcoins in the future? Let's say people lost 5m bitcoin in 100 years then what will happen?

I think how such a bitcoin will no longer exist, and there will be many other cool cryptocurrencies. Maybe there will be a lot of illegal currencies in the vein of cyber-punk

On 10/23/2019 at 10:03 AM, cryptokram said:

Please excuse first on this topic of yours, What kind of question is this? You are asking us here about 5M bitcoin lost 100 years from now. Do you think anyone here can answer you that correctly? Those members here are not comes from the future. Can't you create other discussion that will become more interesting here in the forum? Sorry again.

This what I'm going to say, I was going to post the same speech until I found your post, some times some people are posting for posting, they don't care about what's going to happen next, good point 

On 10/23/2019 at 5:03 PM, cryptokram said:

Please excuse first on this topic of yours, What kind of question is this? You are asking us here about 5M bitcoin lost 100 years from now. Do you think anyone here can answer you that correctly? Those members here are not comes from the future. Can't you create other discussion that will become more interesting here in the forum? Sorry again.

Yes you are correct. I think all the answers will be just theory. And it won't have a correct facts to discuss with. So with that this topic is nonsense and won't help us to be more productive in this industry. 

Whoever has the fastest transaction to send money or receive money will be the winner speed of transaction is matter. Any of technology is shortening the time it takes a check to clear the bank business that adopt something called accounts receivable check conversations will save time and money in applying customers payment to their account instead of sending back your check the process takes a snapshot of a payment and send an electron it version through an automated clearinghouse. Is the system who produce fever customer complaints the more companies are turn into this faster processing methods of cryptocurrency choices. Do we need banks anymore.? Banks are becoming cryptocurrency deposit centers? Eventually people will adapt cryptocurrency if they can use smart cell phones they will adapt to use cryptocurrency. Either way  really trust is the issue on banking and cryptocurrency system just like today under banks contract same will apply on crypto system. It is the trust issue now days and winner circle of which institutions available to circle our hard work in worldwide. 

Edited by Solarbitcoin

We say 5M bitcoin lost 100 years from now you mean that bitcoin still exist after 100 years from now or not then 100 years it's so long time which hard predicts maybe bitcoin will disappear.

On 10/22/2019 at 7:05 PM, Grace said:

I think, we don't need to predict too far, 100 years is a long time, just a week from now humans will not be able to predict exactly what the price of Bitcoin is, let alone the events of 100 years. just imagine.

• +1 1

On 10/23/2019 at 5:43 PM, rocsus said:

The only you loose you coins is if you loose your private keys. 100 years from now, well I won't be here for sure. As for bitcoins, there is no way to take down bitcoins, or more appropriate term would be the bitcoin blockchain. Atleast I don't know if there is, and if there was one, Govts would have already done it. You don't loose any bitcoin, when you loose your private key, you loose the ability to open that wallet and spend those coins. So I guess the proper answer would be, those coins are as safe as possible, They will stay at that address for the rest of eternity, or atleast till they take down the bitcoin blockchain.

There was debate on burning coins that not moved for a time, that seems abandoned by the owner..

Your question is too difficult to answer for sure, at this time bitcoin age is only more than 10 years not 100 years. Based on technology, the btc should still be locked in the wallet blockchain. At least if there is no specific development on bitcoin left.

Bitcoin exit until the end of the world. when any person lost his wallet password but here remain much btc then I think it is a lost. so some btc may be lost but it is not possible to lost whole btc.

If that's will happen it means the world economic would be lost $240 billions. So it what do you think if the world lost such money.

No bitcoin without private key. There is no hope. So please becareful with your bitcoin. I hope no one will lose their bitcoin again in the future. Secure your Legacy!

On 10/22/2019 at 8:11 AM, Fedor00 said:

No, bitcoin himself will disappear.

Bitcoin doesn't have a gender, so it's not a 'he'.  But you're probably right that it won't be around in 100 years.

But as far as lost coins go, once they're lost they're lost.  Gone forever, and then the circulating supply becomes less and less the more that coins are lost.  And I'm sure that's constantly happening, though at a low rate.  People lose access to wallets, people die, whatever.  In the long term all of those lost coins should be good for the price as long as demand grows or at least remains constant.

5 million lost bitcoin in 100 years? well I guess the price of bitcoin would be reach $500,000 because you know bitcoin has limited supply and if people lost around 5 million in total then it will be high price.

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

If our Bitcoin wallet can't accessed because our mistake for example our computer broken and the Bitcoin wallet is uninstalled. The coin left on that wallet will be there, no anyone have ownership on that coin. So if the Bitcoin left is around 1 BTC. That is will still same amount 100 year from now. But if someone found the private key that wallet. He sure can withdraw that Bitcoin.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

Losing bitcoin due to lack of supporters and participating in bitcoin forums so that bitcoin can slow down will disappear by itself until in the future, but I believe bitcoin remains as long as many people are happy with bitcoin to make bitcoin even more popular.

For one thing, 3 million coins have already been lost in the last decade. It doesn't affect the market price unless they are suddenly sold. In my opinion the coins should just get circulated out of the system.

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

On 10/22/2019 at 5:05 PM, Grace said:

What are you asking your topic is not understandable if you are asking in feature the 5 million bitcoin lose their bitcoin what will happen so if they all lose their bitcoin then their is no bitcoin left and people chose other coins to use for trading.

2 hours ago, AutoLigtas said:

Bitcoin will remain ij blockchain network but no one can't mine, or open the wallet of this because this is hard and no one can open this

Yes the btc will remain in the block chain but no one can access it. generally it happens when anyone lost any btc wallet private key then the account cant be accessible.

On 10/22/2019 at 2:05 PM, Grace said:

Your digital wallet contains all of your currencies, so paying attention to these portfolios and caring for their safety is one of the basic things that you have to think about from the beginning, so any penetration may reach these wallets. .

On 10/22/2019 at 5:05 PM, Grace said:

Then the technology  will be developed for that.Because as we see technology is progressing very fast and BTC is not any ordinary thing.They will make some thing for finding those lost coins.So  always save your BTC KEY and phrase .

On 10/22/2019 at 3:05 PM, Grace said:

There is research done on this topic and a lot of people claim that almost 4 millions Bitcoins have been lost since the beggining and are irretrivable. What happens is that lost Bitcoins add value to the ones that are valid. Lost Bitcoins means that they can't be retrieved. They are there on the blockchain in the address you can locate but they can't be moved because the owner has lost the private key to access them. So the real value of this wallets is zero and this is adding value to the rest. Think of it as burning excess supply.

Edited by BTC Future