What would you do if it happened to you? - Page 7 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
ETheHedgehog

What would you do if it happened to you?

Sometimes we learn from our mistakes. as for me I won't quit but this mistake won't repeat it self for the second time. I will make sure I cross check everything before making a transaction

• +1 1

Firstly we must always be careful when making crypto transactions to always double check that everything is correct to avoid such mistakes that can cost as a lot hope many will take it as a lesson. Thanks 

It absolutely sucks. I hope it doesn't happen to me. If there was such a thing, I guess I would punch the walls of the house. I would break a few glasses and plates. I would be very angry with myself for being careless. After a while, I would forget and move on. Cryptocurrencies are like a virus. Herpes virus. It is a virus that is impossible to get out when it enters our body. I made a strange analogy during this epidemic period :) I also take care to be careful while performing my transfer operations. I check it 5 times, not 2 times. Am I very meticulous?

It ´s is extremenly import to verify all digits in a cripto transanction. If it happens to me, I will calm down and then I will take a deep breath and make a big scream. This is the real importance of these chats we can learn much more than just concepts, but we also learn from others experiences

On 9/15/2020 at 4:48 PM, ETheHedgehog said:

a while back, someone made a mistake while making a transaction, he sent 0.55 ETH with a transaction fee of a little under 10700 ETH, which was around 2.6$ million at the time to send 134$ worth of ETH, you can read more about the story here : https://mashable.com/article/million-cryptocurrency-ethereum-fee-paid-by-mistake/ .

My question to you would be what would you do if this happened to you, would you quit the crypto business entirely? or would you consider it a lesson to always double and triple check the numbers in a transaction and try to find some way to recover anything of what's lost?

It's always advisable to check the transaction fees, and also the total transfer amount including the fees before initiating the transaction. As far as I am concerned on this, I always check for the transaction fees twice before sending funds to anyone, make sure all default values are set in case if such things may happen.

Care is better than regret we all already know that cryptocurrency trading is a very risky work because it's not a paper currency that can return manually on mistakes it's a digital currency and mistake is not far away more than one click. Bearing the loss of 2.6 million dollars is not easy it's too hard to bear. It can lead to heart attack to a small trader. So we should be very careful during transection.

We should always check the address to which we are sending money for remittances. If we send money to the wrong address, we will not get it back, so if we do not want to lose money, we should check the remittance address again and again

• +1 1

Wow! This is strange. I don't think it is ordinary. In fact, the person needs a serious deliverance. With this, i now believe that anything can happen in cryptocurrency business and i will be careful in carrying out any transaction. He should write to etherscan support, they will know what to do because the gas fee is more than exorbitant. What a colossal loss!

• +2 1

Well for me I will not quite I will just take this as a lesson and learn from the mistake and correct my mistake that I did. I will advice that we should not giveup on certain things.

I would definitely consider it as a lesson rather than quitting, sometimes we made mistake unintentionally but those mistake will teach us some lesson, so that in the future we will be really careful to not do those mistake again. I think that person would learn from his/her mistake and for sure he/she will be really careful in transacting.

That was really an unfortunate incident happen with him. If this same thing will happen to me I have nothing to do. Now I will be more careful before doing so. I think everyone should learn from this nees.

On 9/15/2020 at 8:27 PM, Maaz sultan said:

That's why double check before making any translation so it's always a risk to send any currency to other person because if you change a word so this will cause you a big lose so be careful .

I always suggest people to become careful when you going to withdrawal your money as your lil mistake can lead you in huge lose.. For this member who did this mistake can be a experience and also he is enough rich as he withdrawal in a moment this huge amount of money.. So basically next time he will be more careful to work..                

On 9/16/2020 at 10:34 AM, Roan said:

We are all vulnerable to these mistakes

Frankly, it is sad to be exposed to this situation

The thing that we can do is to pay more attention when performing encryption transactions and to make sure that the transactions are correct to avoid this error again

My choice to leave encryption will not be permanent

Yeah your are right @Roan we are born to make mistakes in life. we learn from our errors thays life. The most important thing is to be very extra careful when it comes to dealing with making online encryption transactions.

• +2 1

We must be cautious when converting and pay more attention. I cannot imagine what I will do to an event like this situation, but I hope it will not happen.

11 hours ago, Cryptic said:

I would definitely consider it as a lesson rather than quitting, sometimes we made mistake unintentionally but those mistake will teach us some lesson, so that in the future we will be really careful to not do those mistake again. I think that person would learn from his/her mistake and for sure he/she will be really careful in transacting.

Once i shared a link in my one post just for explain the information more goodly but unfortunately i received warning few hours later as the reason was refer link but it happened unintentionally as you said above @Cryptic..  But from them i never able to forget my this mistake and wont dare to share link now..            

Hi buddy! This types of mistakes can often happen. If you are enjoying your achievement you also have to accept your loss. Because this is the business strategy. For this reason no one should quit the business. They should take a lesson from this and be 100 time more careful at the time of transaction so that the mistake is not being repeated.

Really a sad story. I will take it as my lesson and will never did any kind of mistake like this . Also I think we all should careful about crypto transaction. 

Edited by Linclon4

It would definitely serve as a lerson. Such mistake is very expensive because there is no way you can get your money back. We all learn from our mistakes so next time we won't make thesame mistake. Before making any crypto transaction, make sure every information is accurate.

the fee and the issue is at other side I am astonished that the person has that much amount in his wallet and also why he was sending so little money and why He did not saw the fee before sending the money?

Hello dear, I do not stop working, but continue to work as I try to recover what we lost through other methods. Sometimes the fall teaches you a lot, and you remain cautious in the coming times in order to provide what is better and to be able to overcome that obstacle

Sometime we not paid  full attention  for transaction not try to double check . From the loss we learn a lesson we must do every work be carefully and double check to avoid any loss in future.

Hey mate, when we transfer our crypto coin we must double check the wallet because if our coin send wrong wallet than we can not recover our coin, that's a disadvantage of cryptocurrency. So we have to careful when we transaction cryptocurrency.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿Instagram🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

suggest people to become careful when you going to withdrawal your money as your lil mistake can lead you in huge lose.. For this member who did this mistake can be a experience and also he is enough rich as he withdrawal in a moment this huge amount of money 

We can take a lesson that checking transaction fees when sending coins is very necessary, lest we regret not checking the transaction fees and nominal to be sent first. If that had happened to me, I certainly wouldn't be able to sleep because I had made a very trivial mistake which frustrated me.

• +1 1

If it was me, then i don't understand why would i quit crypto?? Because clearly the mistake was made by me. There was no mistake of crypto or any other thing that related to crypto. It was clearly my mistake. Then why would i quit crypto? Of course i would take it as a lesson. And next time i would be more carefull. And beware!!.