My trading plan for the next 6/12 months: - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
CrazyIvan

My trading plan for the next 6/12 months:

Is this a realistic trading goal?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. is 10% a month a realistic trading goal?

• Yes
    • No

Hello people from the cryptotalk forum,

I haven't been trading for a long time, but I think it's time for me to step back in to the trading game. Over the past time, I have studied the maths of compounding gains. I was always luring for the big money, because in a math table, it seems so easy. "Just make a few hundred 2% trades and you have a million", but let's be honest: it doesn't work that way. 

I have traded in the past. I used to keep records on all my trades, but didn't have a structured plan really. This time, I want to step into the game with a nice plan. To keep my sanity, I will not aim for big profits. I used the following calculator to set my trading goal:

https://tackletrading.com/tools/compounding-gains-calculator/

With an initial investment + 10% montly contributions AND 10% in trading profits/month, I will double my initial investment in 6 months. Hopefully if succesfull, I can use this strategy another 6 months (to 4x initial).

10% a month seems to me a reasonable trading goal, that will not stress me out. 

For strategy, I planning on using EMA, MA and MACD. 

I hope to report a succes back to you the coming time 🙂

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 4
  • +2 4
  • +3 2
  • +4 3
  • +5 3

Good strategy overall. Trading need plan knowledge and patience .If you make it then you will be successful. 

Further there are many crypto coins and tokens by which you can double your investment in just two months. I will suggest to search about these tokens which have high fluctuations in market. 

I have found one rel token which price fluctuate between 1.5$ to 4 in a month. So by this you can earn a lot. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +3 2
  • +4 1
  • +5 2

8 hours ago, CrazyIvan said:

Well good luck, If it's not a full bear market i would say that you can make that 10% in a matter of days. But since you have set your expections for month, you have plenty of time to wait for market to turn if it goes bear.

Ps, what kind of inputs are you using on those indicators?

Edited by rekter
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

8 hours ago, rekter said:

Well good luck, If it's not a full bear market i would say that you can make that 10% in a matter of days. But since you have set your expections for month, you have plenty of time to wait for market to turn if it goes bear.

Ps, what kind of inputs are you using on those indicators?

Yes, I know a coin can easily move 10% in 1 or 2 days, but I know I won't manage to be a steady trader if I set my goal at 20/30%. When I aim for 10% a month, I have plenty of time to scout for the right moment to enter the market, for example 2x5% or 3x3% a month. 

I have a few trading rules:

1: I never short, I never do it, because I don't like the be short squeezed, AND I want the coin as a real holding in case my trade goes to the other side

2: I only trade coins I'm willing to hold

3: For indicators my plan is: a have a trading goal for 1 month, for that reason I will be looking at both the 1d and 1w chart. I will only enter a trade if a coin is trading above the EMA and the MACD shows a positive outbreak. I prefer that the 1w chart also shows a positive MACD and EMA. In that way I'll have a solid foundation to enter a trade.

Lastly, I'm not a big fan of margin trading, because of the risk of liquidation. I'm thinking about using Binance ETF leveraged tokens though. It would impose more risk than trading normal btc, but it seems to me with a amplitude of around 6%/day on the BTCup token, I will manage a 3-5% in a day. They say the tokens won't get liquidated. 

• +1 2
  • +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

Today can be gain while tomorrow can be loss. Certain months can favour while the other month may mot favour. Trading is not about thinking of a specific time to have gained as it can truly to greed and mot to be patient. Trading is risky and people need to focus on not to lose not only to always gain. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

4 hours ago, BitcryptoHan said:

Today can be gain while tomorrow can be loss. Certain months can favour while the other month may mot favour. Trading is not about thinking of a specific time to have gained as it can truly to greed and mot to be patient. Trading is risky and people need to focus on not to lose not only to always gain. 

True words mate trading is risk and as you said it's not all days that will be for gaining but sometimes one may experience loss therefore, it can be a little bit trick to specify exactly what you can earn in couple of days and making a daily plan or target of profits or loss ready to experience is very important and patience, self control as well as putting greed away are great aspects a trader should possess.

• +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

1 hour ago, George10 said:

True words mate trading is risk and as you said it's not all days that will be for gaining but sometimes one may experience loss therefore, it can be a little bit trick to specify exactly what you can earn in couple of days and making a daily plan or target of profits or loss ready to experience is very important and patience, self control as well as putting greed away are great aspects a trader should possess.

I agree with you both if I would be setting a goal like: I want to make 2%/day or 5%/day or anything on a daily basis. It just puts to much pressure on trading, so we become emotional. I think 10% in 1 month is okay though. I'm quite sure I'll get 2-3 trades/month done. 

I'm not sure what to trade yet, but if let's say a coin is 100 satoshis, 103 satoshis is already 3%. It's just 3 pips on the price. Doge for example is 26 satoshis. 1 pip of the price to 27 satoshis is already 3%. However, 25 satoshis is also 3% loss. 

The most important thing is I have a strong foundation before entering the trade. Set a reasonable goal for the trade, with a trailing order

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +5 1

On 9/13/2020 at 11:17 AM, CrazyIvan said:

If that's your goal, then good luck with that. For me with not much trading capital/investment, 10% doesn't sound like enough profit for me, it might not feed me for 3 days, I surely need a couple more up to 30-40% will do.

Having $20'000 trading investment, $2'000 a month won't be bad.

• +2 1
  • +5 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

17 hours ago, Raqeebzy said:

If that's your goal, then good luck with that. For me with not much trading capital/investment, 10% doesn't sound like enough profit for me, it might not feed me for 3 days, I surely need a couple more up to 30-40% will do.

Having $20'000 trading investment, $2'000 a month won't be bad.

Trading is can bring you 10x, it can bring you more or less. But someone can also lose. That is just trading. Some people that have traded coins like curio, digibyte, and zilliqa at one point in this year that invested thousands would have seen millions now while man fomo people lost om the same cryptocurrencies. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +5 1

2 hours ago, BitcryptoHan said:

Trading is can bring you 10x, it can bring you more or less. But someone can also lose. That is just trading. Some people that have traded coins like curio, digibyte, and zilliqa at one point in this year that invested thousands would have seen millions now while man fomo people lost om the same cryptocurrencies. 

Well, I didn't start trading yesterday, I know just that. Here, I tried to give my view on the what the the author asked 

1. is 10% a month a realistic trading goal?

Trying to view it in my perspective and based on what I had practiced in the past; I have always set goal much more than 10% of my capital (I gave my reason above). 

Yes, the plan might go wrong at any time but that is trading being trading. It shouldn't stop from having a goal.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +5 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

On 9/13/2020 at 12:17 PM, CrazyIvan said:

Hello people from the cryptotalk forum,

I haven't been trading for a long time, but I think it's time for me to step back in to the trading game. Over the past time, I have studied the maths of compounding gains. I was always luring for the big money, because in a math table, it seems so easy. "Just make a few hundred 2% trades and you have a million", but let's be honest: it doesn't work that way. 

I have traded in the past. I used to keep records on all my trades, but didn't have a structured plan really. This time, I want to step into the game with a nice plan. To keep my sanity, I will not aim for big profits. I used the following calculator to set my trading goal:

https://tackletrading.com/tools/compounding-gains-calculator/

With an initial investment + 10% montly contributions AND 10% in trading profits/month, I will double my initial investment in 6 months. Hopefully if succesfull, I can use this strategy another 6 months (to 4x initial).

You get from me + point because of planning, but "strategy" is little confusing.

For example, you write that you want to double your investment with 6 months and 10% per months is that 60%?

And another 6 months to make x4? Only if you invest all profit plus initial investment.

For example,

100$ (10%) = 110 / 100$ (10%) = 110

110$ (10%) = 121 / 100$ (10%) = 110 (profit 20$)

121$ (10%) = 133 /

133$ (10%) = 146 /

146$ (10%) = 160 /

160$ (10%) = 176$ (profit 76$) / 100$ (10%) = 110$ (profit 60$)

Which is 16% more (176-160 =16$) than it would be if you just use just investment without profit.

You must to pay attention on all facts.

• +4 2
  • +5 1

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

2 hours ago, BullRunBit said:

You get from me + point because of planning, but "strategy" is little confusing.

For example, you write that you want to double your investment with 6 months and 10% per months is that 60%?

And another 6 months to make x4? Only if you invest all profit plus initial investment.

For example,

100$ (10%) = 110 / 100$ (10%) = 110

110$ (10%) = 121 / 100$ (10%) = 110 (profit 20$)

121$ (10%) = 133 /

133$ (10%) = 146 /

146$ (10%) = 160 /

160$ (10%) = 176$ (profit 76$) / 100$ (10%) = 110$ (profit 60$)

Which is 16% more (176-160 =16$) than it would be if you just use just investment without profit.

You must to pay attention on all facts.

The calculation is based on initial investment + 10% montly contribution + 10% trading gains

So for example with $1000 it would be

initial $1000

1: initial $1100 + $100 gains

2: initial $1200 + $220 gains

3: initial $1300 + $362 gains

4 initial $1400 + $528 gains

etc.

Yes all profit will be reinvested first 6 months. Regarding calculation totaal deposit would be $1600, with total balance after 6 months ~$2550

So yes, it is not really double the deposit, because I do a monthly contribution. Your calculation of ~76% gains is correct. 

• +3 1
  • +5 1

I am a complete newbie to trading, however I am very interested in learning. 10% profit sounds like a realistic goal to me, however I understand that nothing can be taken for granted in trading. I really hope that everything goes very well with your venture and that I can learn from what you like to share with us.

If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been trading? And how long did it take you to learn enough to operate safely?

• +5 1

2 hours ago, CrazyIvan said:

Yes all profit will be reinvested first 6 months. Regarding calculation totaal deposit would be $1600, with total balance after 6 months ~$2550

I dont understand how you came to that number 2550?

If you trade with all (investment + profit) you will get 76% for 6 months with 10% monthly profit.

76% of 1000% is 760$ total 1760 not 2550?

And if you think when you say "contribution" to invest 10% more that is different story.

Example:

2. 1100$ (investment + profit) + 100$ (10% "contribution) 1200$ (10%) =1320

3. 1320$ + 120$ (10% contribution) 1440$ (10%) = 1584$

4. 1584$ + 144$ (10% contribution) 1728$ (10%) = 1900%

5. etc.

You will get more than double for 5 months (maybe that 2550$ :classic_biggrin:) but if you understand what I write above means that you think to invest 10% more and to make 10% profit for one months. Which can be a good thing of course if you have good strategy for that 10% monthly profit.

• +2 1
  • +5 1

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

On 9/13/2020 at 4:02 PM, CrazyIvan said:

Well, plan is looking impressive but unfortunately, cryptocurrency market behavior is unpredictable in the most of the cases. If you have solid and unique trading strategies, hope you will reach that success to report back on this forum,For this year, my aim was to gain certain amounts of benefits from trading but crypto market has frequently been in my favor to give 4 times more benefits than my expectation. This is how uncertainty plays the roles in the crypto world 

• +3 1
  • +5 1

Yes, this percentage of profit is reasonable and you can achieve it if you implement your strategy with the rational use of capital. I hope you will succeed and do not forget the patience with the results.

• +1 1
  • +5 1

There is something called trading mindset, it is either good or poor. People that does not rush, does not panic or calculating the profit they have not earned are likely to gain if they have experience about trading. But, people that are otherwise will definitely lose. 

• +3 1
  • +5 1

You should post your trading logs i. e. every completed order price and amount. These are more useful than long dwellings upon "discipline" or "goals".

Edited by geezer
  • +5 1

Well yeah! let me see. 

I'm in the preparing phase. I'm checking now which products I'm going to pick, which exchanges, normal currency or derivates, maybe even stocks.

I expect to get going October

On 9/14/2020 at 6:42 AM, CrazyIvan said:

1: I never short, I never do it, because I don't like the be short squeezed, AND I want the coin as a real holding in case my trade goes to the other side

It should depends on the markets but i have a fear of selling too. But if you are doing leverage it doesn't really matter if you get long squeezed or short squeezed. You could go wrong with either one and have a danger to get liquidated.

Ten percent profit per month is not a big expectation from cryptocurrency but earning this amount every month may not be possible every single month. Traders often have random income, something like 7%, 10%, 15%, 5%, 22% and so on. You can't expect to see fixed 10% in a row! If you only want to double your initial investment, you can just wait and buy some coin at bottom-low price and hold it for a few months. By doing this, you can even triple your investment. (For example, buying BTC at $4K and sell it 3x more at $12K).

• +2 1
  • +3 1

11 minutes ago, Brushless4500KV said:

Ten percent profit per month is not a big expectation from cryptocurrency but earning this amount every month may not be possible every single month. Traders often have random income, something like 7%, 10%, 15%, 5%, 22% and so on. You can't expect to see fixed 10% in a row! If you only want to double your initial investment, you can just wait and buy some coin at bottom-low price and hold it for a few months. By doing this, you can even triple your investment. (For example, buying BTC at $4K and sell it 3x more at $12K).

Yes I agree on your view, but regarding BTC, I don't think it will double very soon. For smaller coins I'm not very interested to put money in them as I have no clue what coins will have oportunities for big gains. 

But I perfectly understand your opinion, this is how I started in crypto also. 

• +2 1

Very good plan, actually it can be, there are a lot of coins that can make good profits from trading, it depends also on your strategies and your mindset as a trader.

• +1 1
  • +5 1

"We grow by lifting others"