Careful of Google Ads - Page 3 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BTC Future

Careful of Google Ads

I had a similar experience like this one yesterday when I did a google search about Just swap which is a Tron exchange for DeFi. I used google and found three google ads with some names that were similar but had differences in letters. I didn't click them but almost did and I can imagine that many will be victims of this scam. Be careful with google crypto ads please.

There are more and more fraudsters every day. Everyone wants to make money easily. You need to carefully research the resources you are working with and be on the lookout. Try not to fall for scammers.

On 18.08.2020 at 12:38, BTC Future said:

Scammers are lately buying google ads and promoting various fake websites used by crypto enthusiasts. The latest one is Ledger while previous examples have been CoinCorner, Privnote, and many more.

An example of how the scam works is bellow:

image.png.0a44bfb1ae4ac945f700b6d592c2d29a.png

Scammers create a similar domain name with a small difference in the letters and are able to buy ad services from google which will appear right on top of the legitimate website.

It is important to use an adblocker (my favorite: uBlock Origin) in your searches and if possible avoid using Google services at all (for email better use Protonmail). Be careful when searching for a website as the possibility of a fake advertisement appearing is extremely high. Google does very little to research the validity of the ads and allows them to go on until they get massively reported.

Let's not forget the security gaps in YouTube where hacking groups are hacking accounts of streamers, changing their information to crypto-related, and promote fake giveaways. Also, the countless fake apps android play-store has hosted so far.

Google is a mess and can't control the scams happening on its platforms. Be extra careful Cryptotalk community. Especially beginners in crypto as these scams are mostly targeting people that do not have knowledge of their plans.

In parallel with the cryptocurrency, I am still working and selling upper women's clothing, so advertising just eats up the budget without bringing the leads that should have been, and it is also cleverly arranged this way if you haven't used it yet, then it is effective, you start to fill the budget with a serious one and it’s a hop and a complete zero, it’s very insulting from this There is absolutely no result.

You should always be careful when working with websites or apps.Now they can do exactly the same thing,then install it in the top of Google,enter your data and lose everything you had.

Thank you for your advice, yes of course now it seems Google they don't verify their costumers they looking just the money, there are a lot of scammers who use their new strategy to scam others through big companies like Google, promoting their fake project, also be careful with Google Play Store there a lot of fake apks, if you what to install a such apk download it from website official.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

i didn't know that also scammers can use google ads. because I thought google INC checks validity of a site before accept them for ads. thanks for the warning.

• +1 1

Thank you very much for trying to alert us to the danger of these sites. Unfortunately, the world of cryptocurrencies is filled with scammers, so we must all be careful not to be fooled.

image.png.7880628f3f174e52840ef00f0fd5115c.png

Who goes to links from advertisings in 2020? Most of people already knew that Google Ads contains a LOT of scam links/websites and not only in searcher.

Yes you are right they are working for that. And they only get the ideas to grab the money of innocent people because they have a devil mind.

• +2 1

This can even be identified as a cybercrime. these camels are literally trying to trick the users into giving their personal information and details for monetary gain. so beware of the scammers because they can exist anywhere with false identities. thank you so much for sharing this valuable Post with the help of an example that can be really helpful for users to relate to such fraudulent activities. We should definitely be cautious and take precautionary measures to avoid such scammers.

• +1 1

On 8/19/2020 at 1:22 PM, Dorjoy12 said:

When ever i choice a site FOR work or for exchange my currency i first find out the feedback about this site and ask my senior one who is experts in cypto world... If i get positive view then i get agree to use the site but i never do the mistake of choice a site Just by see it ads in google or another place.. Crypto member should be more aware..                  

First of all thanks my friend for paying our attention to these sacmmers things by highlighting them. Before this I am not paying my attention to these things. But now I am also Careful to avoid these kinds of scamm things.

In every field on the Internet or in daily life, there are fraudsters and swindlers, so it is better to take caution and caution in such matters so that you do not fall victim to fraud on the part of these people. You must secure your accounts and enter your accounts from the blog or your YouTube channel.

• +1 1

Thank you for the subject , im just wondering how a huge company like google cant block those scam ads , for me im using adguard extenstion and i suggest for you all to use it too , its the best for now .

Yes the scammer is the everywhere don't have good work than passing fake information and links because to steal people property. I think scammer can buy the Google add to control our account .and get the money.we can not showing our ip address to any fake site .and don't show the password to any site . otherwise we will lose the alot of money at this site 

Thats why you should pay attention to domain name and make sure its the right site before login to your account in other way you may lose your account and you money. I didn't know that i can use ad blocker thank u for suggestion.

In fact, advertising has recently become very risky. Because sometimes there are Scam offers that mislead some people, and accordingly, we get unpleasant emotions from this, because even scammers can issue ads! Such is the case!

• Useful or interesting 1

Yes, basically!  Of course I think that there is no better job than scammers passing fake information and links everywhere because to steal people’s property.  In fact, scammers can buy Google ads to control our account.  And get the money otherwise we will lose a lot of money on this site

Like Google  is a search engine  because  you searched  everything  so Google  ads is running in any videos so you earn and so be carefully  this add because  this is no original  domain  so be carefull

I also paid attention to this and we must be very careful, I have noticed that many scammers use google ads to make a site similar to the official one to apply scams, it almost falls into a scam like this so it is important to check the official URL of the site

Thanks for this helpful information,  I find it difficult to comprehend why Google can't limit or try to subdue the flow of scammers adverts on it's platform. Once you open any URL you will find scammers everywhere advertising for their fake coins and wallet investment. So many people have fallen victims of this dangerous sites thinking that they are real people, they have ripped off alot of people of their hard earned money, It is advisable to always block them whenever we come across their websites and we shouldn't fall victim of their cheap adverts all because they wants to draw many people to their sites. We all should be able to differentiate between fake site and the real ones whenever we come across them online so that we don't get scammed. 

Its great data to realize which site authentic and which site trick, on the grounds that the two destinations appears to be comparable then its impractical to discover real site, con artists make these trick locales like real, and Google not confirm this sort destinations appropriately due to cash its truly downright terrible, trick locales steel countless people groups cash, I think this is the explanation yobit trade consistently caution their clients, first check the area name cautiously then login.

Thanks for the information it's really helpful to make us careful about scammers, all the time they find a new way to promote her scam website to find you every where go,I have already seen a lot of ads like that in many website 

• +1 1