"Victims of clipper apps "  - Page 3 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
abualez

"Victims of clipper apps " 

The Internet is full of these applications that provide various services in the field of trading, including trading, selling, buying and other operations, and their danger lies in their access to all the personal information of the user and his passwords. Other than that, mixed applications such as the application of Yobit and other platforms that seek to steal user accounts

• +1 1

Thank you for this warning. Clipper apps are very bad because they can make us to lost a lot of money. We should check twice our address every time when we need to make a transactions.

• +1 1

Yes, this happens with a lot, unfortunately, and they are victims of the clipper virus, and that is why their devices must be monitored and checked, as well as reviewing the wallet address continuously before performing any withdrawal

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Life is great and enjoy it

Unfortunately, many fall victim to these fake applications, which are secretly downloaded while browsing or working in different sites, so computer protection programs must always be updated and for mobile phone users, you must adhere to the applications officially declared by companies. For example, there is now a special application on the Yobit platform, which is a SCAM application that aims to steal members' accounts. In addition, the Yobit  platform completely denied that it has its own application.

• +1 2

Thank you for this explaining. I dont use my mobile for the cryptocurrency but from this I know have learn that clippers are replacing the addresses when we are make transactions so it become easy for the hackers to steal our funds. I am very scared with this I did not know and now I will

Clipper apps basically work as a work history which you have saved to paste it somewhere in future. So if someone mishande your clipper apps so indirectly they have access to your past work which can be used as tool against you. Keep some safety whenever you are using clipper apps.

I have never thought about such sort of online scam but the information that you gave can help the beginners to understand this type of scam and protect themselves maybe the best prevention would be usage of the safe wallet for withdrawal

• +1 1
  • +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               

On 6/1/2020 at 4:31 AM, abualez said:

There are many beginners who fall under the clipper apps trick and they are the applications that change the addresses of digital currencies and replace them with the addresses of the attacker and thus when the victim is copying the correct recipient address is replaced with the address of the attacker who pasted the transaction processing and thus the attacker gets the money. Therefore, you must protect your phone from fraudulent applications and take the correct actions when making any transaction. 
 Be fine, my friends

I had no idea something like that existed! thanks for the information now I will be more careful regarding those applications. You saved my life: D

Yes, these applications are very popular recently and their goal is to obtain your private key in order to send you the address of a lot of money and then replace the private key and your money is stolen in the wallet. Beware of fraudsters as they are spread everywhere and in different ways. Do not install any application from  Anonymous source in order not to be exposed to piracy and theft of your money.  I was robbed earlier but now I know all the fraud methods so be careful.

Good morning everyone. Could someone explain me about this topic? I would like to know to avoid falling into possible scams, since we as beginners in the subject have a high risk of falling and losing time and money.

• +1 1

I had not heard about this application, it seems to me that you lacked more information about it, based on the fact that we all do not know what you know, Thanks for the introduction to this type of applications, I will study the subject about them to have more knowledge and Avoid them, I always try to stay safe, safety is paramount.

On 6/1/2020 at 11:31 AM, abualez said:

There are many beginners who fall under the clipper apps trick and they are the applications that change the addresses of digital currencies and replace them with the addresses of the attacker and thus when the victim is copying the correct recipient address is replaced with the address of the attacker who pasted the transaction processing and thus the attacker gets the money. Therefore, you must protect your phone from fraudulent applications and take the correct actions when making any transaction. 
 Be fine, my friends

Thank you my friend  for the information   you have provided . Yes  indeed , wallets are  needed  as digital currency trading intensifies . İn order to  protect these  wallets well,   we should stay  away from  these  dangerous  applications . I hope none  of us will  encounter  situations  like this . Everyone  should be  careful about this .

I have never encounter this types of issues, but thanks for sharing with us. we all are very much concern with the security system , the scammers can steal your phone data and all the others staff in order to hack the money of your account. 

In what may prove to be a world first security researcher's at ESET discovered a piece of clipper malware which replaces victims bitcoin adn etherium wallet with the attackers own. Clipper malware, often also referred as a clipboard hijacker, is designed to access the computer's data buffer, commonly referred to as the clipboard, for anything that resembles a cryptocurrency wallet address.

• +1 1
  • +5 1

Luckily I have not fallen into that trap, for others I recommend trust wallet which is an excellent wallet to store cryptocurrencies in addition to its token that they give you for inviting friends and its price is very good

Wow, I was totally unaware of this type of scam, I really like that you share with us this, is to emphasize to all users of the forum, always check the applications that are the official ones not to fall into this type of theft.

There many scams when it comes to apps that why am always careful when giving my personal details most especially when it involves money 

To protect yourself from both clipper-type malware and other Android threats, let's consider the following:

• We must keep our Android device updated and use a reputable security solution.
  • Always try to download the applications from the official Google Play store.
  • Even downloading the applications from the official store, we must make sure that the app corresponds to that of its legitimate developer. To do this, we can check its official website to see if that application really exists. If it does not exist, we should be suspicious of any result that appears on Google Play posing as it.
  • Review each of the steps in those operations related to something valuable, from confidential information to money. If the clipboard is used, we must always check that what we have copied is really what we want to enter.
  • +1 1

Never heard about these clipper apps. Thanks for the information. If you have other topics like this then put them in because it will be of great use to us.
I congratulate you on this post. Good luck.

I did not know that these types of applications existed, since I had never heard something similar, this type of apps are available in an official store or can only be downloaded in the form of APK? They use the same base as the keyloggers

Thanks for the information and if you are right, the clipper is an application that allows us to save and archive the texts that we are copying in different categories. So far so good but the real grace of this aplication is found in the fact that everything is done automatically and this method is used by internet criminals.

• +1 1

I don't think we need to install applications that don't work for us. These applications waste a lot of our time and many people think that there are many people who invest money and get caught all the time due to which We need to install the application, but we do not need any

This is a very serious problem. Any user can encounter problems of the sort. Hence it is highly necessary that uses take necessary precautions and measures that prevent such attackers from stealing our personal information. The safety of our money is in our hands only. So if there are any easy ways to handle such problems to share with others. Thank you for this post.

• +2 1

This is a very big problem, and you need to be more careful about it, not make mistakes, so that there are no problems. Because fraud, it has become very relevant in our time, and we can often face it , this is the problem, so if you want to protect yourself, then you really should be more careful!

• +1 1
  • +5 1

I have heard too of viruses as well which also do such replacements of address and setting another one. As some advice people to double check the addresses as the have pasted, as it's a precaution if you suspect this kind of troubles on devices or PC

• +1 1