Is Altcoin and Crypto the same? Here is the anwer! - Page 8 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

Is Altcoin and Crypto the same? Here is the anwer!

Yeah,they are the same. Altcoins is those coin except for bitcoin and,they are all called as cryptocurrencies. They are just different in their use cases and price.

Cryptocoin  entails all the coins and altcoins both the tokens we have in cryptocurrency, and the altcoins has been the coins and other time s except the bitcoin

thanks friend for your topic. this topic apear different opinion of other trader, greate question with different answer, we can't know the difference in between crypto currency and alt coin. 

21 hours ago, Peter Urban said:

Yes it is. Altcoins are all crypto coins after Bitcoin - so all except Bitcoin. I like most of them like Ethereum or Litecoin. I like them cause you can do more things with them - ETH - smart-contracts.

Not all crypto coins are altcoins, there ris only one that is excluded which is bitcoin, bitcoin stand on it owns and that why it is always different from others

On 3/21/2020 at 1:52 PM, Calvinpriva said:

Thanks for sharing, i was confusing too and i didn't know what was their difference but now i know. That means all are crypto currency but their special name is altcoins, thanks a lot.

You can put is as almost all are altcoins except for bitcoin.

On 3/29/2020 at 11:19 AM, Biplab1234 said:

These coins are almost the same but are used as a copy of Bitcoin, but both of them have a very high market value, which plays an important role in our online cryptocurrency.

There are not the same, they have different meaning, the crypto coin entails all other coins including bitcoin whole the other all coins but without bitcoin

On 3/30/2020 at 2:44 PM, dshuy20 said:

They have the same meaning, there is no difference between them, since cryptocurrencies are all true digital currencies I had a mistake and I asked the same question about the difference.

I absolutely agree with you, there is no much difference about the difference between the altcoins and crypto, crypto covered all the altcoins and it can be call vice versa

The cryptocurrency is a general term that refers to the all digital coins that have been developed until now. Since the first crypto was bitcoin, all other coins that were revealed after that was categorized into altcoin category because they are alternative coins. Based on this explanation, there is no difference between altcoins and cryptocurrency but there is some misunderstandings about the usage of these two terms in the crypto world. The reality is that BTC and Altcoins both belong to the cryptocurrency group but they are different digital coins.

All belongings using cryptography are referred to as cryptocurrencies, the original BTC and the opportunity cash that consist in all the others... interesting idea this division among BTC and alts, not sure how the world will adapt with the new chinese language coin and/or any other that could face BTC... international is converting fast, will alts additionally change it's call?

38 minutes ago, Francojon said:

In my empathy bitcoin and altcoins are crypto currency but bitcoin is not an altcoin but on the subject of prices bitcoin are improved as if the outlay of bitcoins goes up the prices of altcoins run up and junior versa if the prices of bitcoins goes down the charge of altcoins drives low also. 

Thats because Bitcoin was the original cryptocurrency, so it has a special place and name. Others are "alternative" coins, thats why called altcoins. They are just different than btc,

Nice topic, I will find out more about this currency because you made me feel curious about this matter, but this currency does not have the same value that Bitcoin has, it is a very popular currency for Internet users.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:59 PM, Nayeem said:

My own comprehending will be equally bitcoin and also alt coin are usually crypto electronic digital forex, yet bitcoin will be extensively approved just about everywhere, yet we have noticed around the community forum in which alt coin investing and so forth, nonetheless also i will be not yet determined around the alt coin forex feel anybody with this can easily advise the following with an increase of quality.

The rummage for the identity of the discoverer of Bitcoin soon is the parallel as the rummage for the identity of the inventor of the magazine. A transaction audio recording is considered as a permanent record of the entire transaction history, this is called blockchain. Bitcoin and cryptomarket are the similar.

I think both they have the same things, market and the same goal, maybe the things we can find on them different is the price. When we talk about Atlcoin we are talking about the alternative coin of Bitcoin, so after the creation of Bitcoin they have born others coin named Altecoin as alternative coin.

On 10/19/2019 at 8:52 AM, teminalibug said:

I was confused with these two terms myself (Cryptocurrency & Altcoins)

We say "Bitcoin and Altcoins", if you take 2 minutes to search on google you will understand that all coins that were created after Bitcoin are called Altcoins. You also will learn that all coins and tokens are cryptocurrencies....

Free $0.50 daily paid in Crypto -Here-
Free crypto and fresh news daily -Here-

2 days to profit -Here-

12 hours ago, bitcoinb said:

We say "Bitcoin and Altcoins", if you take 2 minutes to search on google you will understand that all coins that were created after Bitcoin are called Altcoins. You also will learn that all coins and tokens are cryptocurrencies....

I know all coins and tokens are cryptocurrencies, but my challenge here is, are tokens altcoins too?

Classifying cryptocurrencies based on bitcoin and altcoins is too overgeneralized because we have many different altcoins and each of them have quite unique features that make them stand out. We have multiple ecosystems, networks, mining difficulties and supply. For example it is a little unfair to categorize ETH and Doge in the same category because ETH is much more practical. There are also tokens which don't belong to altcoin category. I believe stable coins should be treated differently because they don't resemble bitcoin and altcoins.

Edited by Brushless4500KV

I find some difficulties when i say that to people and i couldn't explain it well.. So thanks for sharing this useful post! As i know, both of them are the same and it's all about cryptocurrencies.. Bitcoin is bitcoin and everything after it is one of altcoins.

Altcoins are cryptocurrency like etherium,ripple,dash etc.and also bitcoin they are all cryptocurrencies.  So don't be confuse on the terminology use in making topics and comment in this forum.

6 hours ago, UT2001 said:

Yes alt coins are crypto currencies as well as like you state they are formed from the basis of bitcoin and in large part there so that there is some lower valued coins as well since bitcoin is very high priced.

If you put it like that some people may think that the alts and crypto are different just formed on the same network which is bitcoin, but the clear truth is that alts are all other crypto but bitcoin.

The term altcoin is on the reference of Crypto coins as which are alternate of tye original or first ever Crypto coin which is the bitcoin, as every coin which is not bitcoin is termed as an altcoin. Crypto is just a general idea or a call on Cryptocurrencies 

Simply put, crypto is a wide field that contains a lot of different technologies and currencies, but the tokens are only currencies like bitcoins that are traded on the platforms.

On 10/19/2019 at 2:52 AM, teminalibug said:

I was confused with these two terms myself (Cryptocurrency & Altcoins) so i did a little research i think some of you guys who don't know should know this.

Altcoin stands for stand for "alternative to Bitcoin" it is any digital cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin. and is used describe any cryptocurrency that is not a Bitcoin. Altcoins are created by diverging from Bitcoin consensus rules (the fundamental rules of the cryptocurrency’s network) or by developing a new cryptocurrency from scratch.

So the tokens would also be altcoins?

okay so you are not asking the question to be helped but sharing the knowledge to help. that is really sweet of you. yeah we should share what we know with others so that we all can grow together afterall we are in a same community now named as cryptotalk. by the way thank you for sharing your knowledge it will help many of us