Quote the selection - Page 3 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Omar Ommeish

Quote the selection

Yeah I know and i THINK sometimes they do so to create the illusion that something was written , its always just to quote the name of the person who wrote that post and in the end it works perfectly for us so we need to value everything perfectly and in its own time

• +2 1
  • +3 1

I also notice some members of the forum doing such things. They quote the whole content even though it is too long, please let's avoid doing that because it is not good, it interrupts the flow of conversation. Just choose the specific part of the content that you want to talk about.

• +2 1

I also face this kind of complain becuase i also did long quoted post.. But now i know how to quoted any topic shortly.. Many member still dont know how to quoted post Only some words... Its true that quoted long post is Very bad as we need to Scroll the SCREEN highly..            

• +2 1

The quotation feature is distinctive as it allows checking a specific part of the topic at hand Unlike the response in general, there may be topics that contain information and there is a part of it that needs to be corrected or added. The specific quote feature allows the addition or correction by the person who responds.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

This is very good options of this platform because you can specifically give feedbacks to each questions and each posts which will be more effective. Every member should use this feature because it will be more  effective when you give replies with quoting.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

you are right , for me when i was new to the forum i used to quote the whole topic when i reply to it , i thought that this should be done always until i discovered that we don't have to or we can quote a part of the topic , this is really a good thing added by the forum especially for the long topics as you said

• +1 1

Very true and I have saw this by other member do that and it is a no from me. We are to do as dear suggest that select the part we want or delete the rest after select to quote all the post but doing other and quote a whole post if it is very big then it fills all screen.

• +1 2

I think it's a good idea to refer only to the part of the text you're commenting on. Because some posts are very long and there is no need to quote the whole post. This is necessary only sometimes that you need to quote the whole post, but not all the time. Hope members understand this point

This is very helpful for a beginner as me and I was very glad to find this was working. In other forums you have to quote the whole post and cut the parts you don't want and may also need to use the code they have as bitcointalk but this is very easy and makes it much better and user oriented. Good advice so we won't need to quote the whole post.

• +1 1

Thank you a lot, some of users didn't know about this feature and it's very hard to catch what exactly they quoted. I hope the topic will become popular and beginners won't do that anymore

Thank you for your note .. There are many useful options on the site that little is known about .. For example, you can change the color of the site to suit your taste. You can also place likes more smoothly and smoothly if you use the mobile mode instead of the desktop mode of the mobile

The Quote feature is awesome in the forum. It allows us to quote the desired concern from the topics that we would like to reply in our comments. I always use this feature as this highlights the terms that has more importance to be expressed in the reply.

And if we do quote long post the thread looks bulky and lengthy which could be easily prevented by using Quote Selection feature.

• +3 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

5 hours ago, Ridam said:

The Quote feature is awesome in the forum. It allows us to quote the desired concern from the topics that we would like to reply in our comments. I always use this feature as this highlights the terms that has more importance to be expressed in the reply.

And if we do quote long post the thread looks bulky and lengthy which could be easily prevented by using Quote Selection feature.

@Ridam exactly right.. The quote selection feature is really great.. One month ago i Didn't have any idea about this feature so i usually quoted long post which was boring for all the number who going to do comment in the topic.. For this reason Bububu609 help me out how to quoted a topic shortly.. So now i am all time use the feature..                   

• +3 1

So now i am all time use the feature..  

Yes @Dorjoy12 this features is most used and helpful here. Quoting a post with required information also helps to make thread look like clean and if we do quote only needed portion from topics or reply, the viewers who are there to read ,all of them get good privilege while reading the content. I hate those members who quote whole topics while replying.

37 minutes ago, Ridam said:

. I hate those members who quote whole topics while replying.

@Ridam no friend, you should not be like this because most of member dont know this feature.. So whenever we see a member quoted long post then we must give them the guidelines first.. If he dont follow the guidelines of quoted shorty then we can hate them or give negative reaction.. What do you think?                    

• +4 1
  • +5 1

31 minutes ago, Dorjoy12 said:

@Ridam no friend, you should not be like this because most of member dont know this feature.. So whenever we see a member quoted long post then we must give them the guidelines first.. If he dont follow the guidelines of quoted shorty then we can hate them or give negative reaction.. What do you think?                    

@Dorjoy12 I don't think giving negative reputation for those comments will be good option 😂. But yes as you say we can inform members about the feature or refer them to this topic. Giving hate is my personal opinion so I don't think it will affect others members working here. 

• +1 1

Quotes can be used to respond to the pros and cons of a comment.  If the comment is good, if anyone benefits from it, it can also be quoted.  And even to mention the bad side can be quoted.  It is the personal right of all members.

I think this happens due to people's laziness, if a person has to make some adjustments to the post that person will spend a lot of time on the forum and there is the problem of many people because they want to complete 20 post in just a few hours to be able to do other things in life

• Useful or interesting 1

On 5/5/2020 at 6:07 AM, Omar Ommeish said:

Many people when they quote the topic, they completely quote it and this is really bad because some of the topics are long, and this option is in the forum you can only quote a word or a line from the topic that you want to comment on.

This feature is really good.

Ohh I didn't know about this feature lol I'm a newbie so I could say I'm still learning my way around here. I like to quote the post when I comment but ones are really long as you said and it's annoying, this was helpful

I didn't know that option existed. Very useful this post, it has served me a lot, now I will be able to quote the selection and thus disturb less or occupy less page. You always learn something every day thanks to those who share your information.

16 hours ago, Ridam said:

@Dorjoy12 I don't think giving negative reputation for those comments will be good option 😂. But yes as you say we can inform members about the feature or refer them to this topic. Giving hate is my personal opinion so I don't think it will affect others members working here. 

@Ridam  yah its true that giving bad reputation is not the right solution but its the first step to hate them.. Also we cant give them report   because its not a spam if the quoted long post.. What we can do is only inform them how to quoted a post shortly. Also giving negative react to them Dangerous because if they report about it then we will face problem too..              

• +4 1

15 minutes ago, Dorjoy12 said:

@Ridam   Also giving negative react to them Dangerous because if they report about it then we will face problem too..              

Don't worry about this concerns. I believe we @Dorjoy12 both will use reputation wisely as we have talked about it in past. 

As the number of spams are increasing huge number these days reporting should be done to them and I'm reporting many of them for helping moderators in their work. I believe you are also reporting the rules violaters here.🤔

• +2 1