Protecting your crypto - Page 4 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Glossy

Protecting your crypto

Keeping my online wallet with 2fa enabled. That is my first method. But when I'm on my ether wallet, I use my physical credentials stored on a flash drive to make my acount more secure an and not prone at least for hackers. 

the most important thing about using digital assets is the security of our wallet, if the data from our wallet is lost or stolen, everything will be finished, and will end fatal, because people who know the private key or any key will be easy to open our digital wallet

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

I agree with you how easy it is to bribe people with easy and big money. There is always a grain of falsehood. Even taking into account the potential security of crypto, this payment tool, like other solutions, is in great need of security.

pxf.jpg

I hold them at ledger wallet but what if someday i get a gf and she stole all of them ? Even your brother or sister can do this to you! We should take care about them more

yes friend greate ideas it is Some principles of trading cryptocurrency , It is necessary to work with this principles

7 hours ago, Jarrem said:

Just become careful use a wallet and make the keys more safe by saving it to the trusted software or gadget.

it's probably better if you don't save the private keys in any software or device, you can write it down on a paper and save that paper in a very safe place

The protection in Crypto is very important, it cannot be neglected because it is a fundamental part of our money, especially those emails that are associated with it.

Not everyone has the funds to buy cold wallets. At least store on verified wallets. Put two-step authentication on the exchange. And do not trust the keys to third parties.

Токен Cake от PancakeSwap

Флудилка в телеге PancakeSwap: https://t.me/FludSwap

Мой личный блог (не про крипту): https://t.me/tgm2k

Новый Gem: supraoracles.com

Just now, Jarrem said:

In my case of my friend she used cipher and codes to hide her private keys, I think its nice alternative way to protect the cryptos.

actually I personally create a QR code of the private key and print it on a paper and then I go to the bank and put that paper in the safe deposit box

5 hours ago, Nicearce said:

How I keep it safe.honestly after I buy coins in the market I withdraw this then convert to my local money then I keep it in my bank account.because that is I think the safe place to keep my money comes from crypto.

and how you keep it safe before selling it to your local currency ? let's assume you buy a coin today and you sell it a week later, how do you keep that coin safe in this week ?

I usually use 2fa in every wallet or exchanger account to secure my assets and always bookmark websites that i trust

1 minute ago, mahouka said:

I usually use 2fa in every wallet or exchanger account to secure my assets and always bookmark websites that i trust

Yes. Using a 2fa is the one of primary method to keep your account safe from hackers. But I wonder if we add more layer of security to make it more secure.

1 minute ago, Great Commander said:

Yes. Using a 2fa is the one of primary method to keep your account safe from hackers. But I wonder if we add more layer of security to make it more secure.

Usually some exchangers add security features such as passwords or email confirmations to withdraw in addition to the 2fa feature

Very well and briefly explained every point. Its one of the most informative and worth reading topic. One should always kept these points in crypto currency trading or whatever it is holding, or storing of coins. In case of negligence one may have to face negative consequences.

20 hours ago, Black25 said:

Everyone is just crazy when they hear about free money and that is the big mistake that they make. You should check and do some research about the website you want to use because maybe others have used it before and did not get paid so you can prevent being scammed 

Real, self-control is the basis for preventing fraud. Do not be easily tempted by free money. Keep this in mind.

16 hours ago, Mohs3n71 said:

it's probably better if you don't save the private keys in any software or device, you can write it down on a paper and save that paper in a very safe place

I've seen a box to protect paper wallet. Or you can cover it with plastic.

wow this is really informative and helpful for us. especially the beginners. us the newbies. we all need to protect our money from the hackers or scammers since they are rampant nowadays and bitcoin is prone to hackers. thank you all for sharing this information... we should not be negligence in securing out money in order for it not to put into waste. stay safe everyone!

2 minutes ago, Nokuto said:

Thanks for the list and I wil keep this mind. I know in keeping and protecting an own account it requires privacy and safety nets that will surely secure your personal info and also your funds. 

Yes, security should be number one priority when dealing with cryptocurrency. Feel free to share your security habits  🙂

On 10/16/2019 at 5:19 PM, Glossy said:

5. If something seem too good to be true, it is probably scam

This should be first on the list. Google is your friend everybody. A simple search about any topic can reveal complaint about that big deal that you heard about. Sometimes it's not important, but many times they are. These complaints often have a lot of truth hidden, so if somethings smells fishy, it's better to run away.

3 hours ago, bergsusanna245 said:

I protect my account with wallets. It is safe and convenient. In addition, I use 2-factor authentication when dealing to ensure absolute safety.

Using 2fa is very important in crypto trading exchanges and also create a trade password for exchange that supports that and never save your wallet PKs in any online storage.

Earn free Ethereum every 1 Hour

https://free-ethereum.io/?referer=243721

11 minutes ago, Drboss said:

Thank you very much for the advice.  The world of cryptocurrencies is very dangerous and we hear daily news of piracy and fraud.  A lot of exchanger was hacked and stolen customer money.  Comply with the safety procedure

Yes, that why I never put lots of money into the exchanges. Maybe Binance as they have some kind of hack insurance fund which can cover your loss. Others I don’t know anything about it.

37 minutes ago, Drboss said:

Thank you very much for the advice.  The world of cryptocurrencies is very dangerous and we hear daily news of piracy and fraud.  A lot of exchanger was hacked and stolen customer money.  Comply with the safety procedure

Yes, research for security measures. Always be up-to-date about them as hackers have lots of new tactics every day. You would be surprise how they are trying to get your hard earned money. Be aware, my friend!

by protecting the crypto you can save yourself from the spammers and hackers and scammers they will stole your money from the crypto wallet if you didnot secure your wallet they will be stolen by hackers

7 hours ago, Cryptonitebuen said:

Even if you protect your crypto, even if you are a hundred percent sure that your crypto is protected by yours, we should not think that it is always protected, there is no such place like safe in online community.

Here you are very right. The cryptocurrency market is characterized by a high risk. You are never covered enough. You must be permanently updated with all the security updates.

On 10/17/2019 at 7:52 AM, alpayno said:

To make your money secure, put them on a safe and secured wallet. Explore some, there are different kinds of wallets, depends on your needs, and storing your money on an online wallet is not advisable.

Yes, we need to look a high secured wallet for our coins and also if the wallet have a keys or wallet file, just sure that is located to the same folder or location to easily find them when we will use.

this thread is definitely beneficial for us... especially those who just got joined in here or the beginners... you must read this thread so that you can be aware and be cautious in securing your money.. there are steps or instructions in here that you should follow in order for you to be safe... thank you for all the information that you posted here! stay safe!!!