Keeping track of your investments - Page 4 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
johant123

Keeping track of your investments

Well I think using the blockchain explorer works for me because I get access to all my transactions there. Although there are different block explorers for bitcoin, litecoin and ethereum. You  can find them all in google easily.

On 3/20/2020 at 10:02 PM, johant123 said:

In the past year, I have tried several tools for keeping track of my investments, ranging from spreadsheets to mobile apps, to online applications.

For me, the best choice at this moment is Cointracker: www.cointracker.io

That program allows you to keep track of your portfolio, connect wallets and (supported) exchanges, record all of your transactions, and view the performance of your portfolio, individual coins, and each separate sell transaction.

The exchange I am using is not supported, and I chose not to connect my wallets. So that means I have to enter my transactions manually. However, that is easily done.

The basic functionality is free, including an unlimited number of transactions per year. The dashboard and performance stats give me enough insights. Only if you want to report your taxes from the application, you have to pay. Besides, there are good import / export options (I only use SV).

It took me some time to figure out the functionality (and limitations), but for me it certainly was worth the effort.

But be careful with those platforms that's can track your investment in wallet or exchange, because some of them can ask for your wallet details in order to track your investments

Trade on Binance future trading, spot trading, cross margin, P2P and fiat trading, also earn up to 40% referral commission, Direct Link

I for a lot of security I do the monitoring of my investments manually since I do not trust an application because we are risking our investment to have our money stolen so I do not use applications or websites I do the monitoring of my investments manually is what they  I recommend.

• +2 1

I think that I maybe need something like that but I dont' want to have my wallets compromised. Maybe I will keep them private and just have a database that I'm going to update manually and nothing like that. I prefer safety and less trouble.

• +3 1

It also tracks taxes except from profits and other data. It seems to be reliable too as I've read many other people I've known use it and they have the free version which can send us email alerts for changes in our wallets. It should be a good option for us. Thanks a lot about the suggestion.

• +2 1

The truth has never heard of this type of platform, it seems really very good. I am going to investigate more about the subject so I join the web since sometimes it is quite tedious to be every day pointing to an excel template. This would help us a lot for the follow-up of our investments!

Definitely in this modern era there are various means by which you can keep track on your investment. The website that you have suggested is one of the famous in crypto market. Whether you are a big investor or a small investor you have to learn all this thing. Today or tomorrow this is going to help.you. and if you want your hand to be longer than others than you have to start earlier.

Don't think that once invested than sit quietly and wait long. It's not like that. Anytime you have choose your move according to the market flow. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Ji do manually tracking it rakes huge time and sometimes I miss the opportunity of profit making but I don't want anything to attached with my wallet. Because now a days the hacking danger is increases and my wallet can be hacked because of any extension or website attachment. I always place my wallet at safe place where I use it only when necessary. Before that I have generated a spread sheet which contains all the details of my assets. This way I feel secure. 

• +3 1

Frankly, I have not used this program before in order to track my investments and transactions that I make in the wallet, but it seems to me that it is a good and useful idea, but you must be careful not to download any unknown programs and its goal is to penetrate your accounts and Steal your money.

• +2 1

To be honest it is hard to monitor or track your investment. You need to manually calculated to know if you are still earning each day. Thank you for sharing that technique. It will help us to monitor our investment without hassle and struggle. I sure you are comfortably of using it because you share it to us

• Useful or interesting 1

Yes, you should keep an eye on what you have invested.  Your valuable income is involved with your investment.  If your investment is bigger then you need to track more search....

Cointracker website is really good websites because with the help of this website we can track our investment. I hope this website increase their feature more because this feature is not enough now.

On 3/22/2020 at 9:50 AM, Brushless4500KV said:

Using different apps can be confusing. I prefer to check exchange rates personally by visiting Yobit website frequently at certain times during a day. A trader himself can manage his investments better than any app because checking prices is not just reading numbers and figures, it involves comparing the numbers with the past 12 or 24 hours to see how the market has moved recently. Checking price changes means checking price behaviors.

Your post is very successful, since there is no better review than what you can do manually to verify the behavior of the market and see the movements of your investments. I do not reject the use of this type of app, but there are always things that are done in a personal way. And keeping track of your investments is one of them.

• +1 1

On 3/21/2020 at 3:02 AM, johant123 said:

In the past year, I have tried several tools for keeping track of my investments, ranging from spreadsheets to mobile apps, to online applications.

That program allows you to keep track of your portfolio, connect wallets and (supported) exchanges, record all of your transactions, and view the performance of your portfolio, individual coins, and each separate sell transaction.

The exchange I am using is not supported, and I chose not to connect my wallets. So that means I have to enter my transactions manually. However, that is easily done.

The basic functionality is free, including an unlimited number of transactions per year. The dashboard and performance stats give me enough insights. Only if you want to report your taxes from the application, you have to pay. Besides, there are good import / export options (I only use SV).

It took me some time to figure out the functionality (and limitations), but for me it certainly was worth the effort.

Thanks for the tip, Just checked out their site and there is also a Cointracker phone app that we could use. I think this will be a very useful tool to keep track of your crypto porfolio.

I am not have this many investment to need to have an option like that but it is very nice from you dear to help us all by explained for this application and what it is doing. I am having only a few investments in Bitcoin and Ethereum and I can manage them but it is seem that some that have too many they are in need of this.

When you are doing day trading and after few days it will go far away you need to take care of your equipment which you have lose there in horro.

It's important to track our investments & where our money is going. We need to care about our invested money & their progress in the crypto markets by doing good analysis because good profits earning opportunities won't be missed.  

Small investments can be easy to track even in our own mind. But if someone have Invested in large number of currencies then there must be an app or site to keep its record. So cointracker is best in my opinion.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               

Wow, that I had no idea, but it seems to me something that makes our life easier, both for those who use cell phones and for those who use computers. These are tips that should help and make life easier for many. Thank you friend, I will look for more information about.

On 3/21/2020 at 3:21 AM, jamesvince said:

Thanks you gave us cointracker sites name for tracking of our investment portfolios before reading your posts i never used this sites for tracking of my investment portfolios in crypto market. 

Yeah it's TRUE, I don't have any idea about this investment tracker, but I once came across it. But thanks for this wonderful information at least we will try and use it for tracking our investment 

• +1 1

I believe that crypto Investors today have many available option to track their portfolios, thats why its not a problem anymore unlike before that only few data and insight platforms that exist think of today more efficient insight and data service providers most of the much needed informations are available in just fingertips away. 

• +2 1

Thank you for this post my friend. This was really helpful. I think investment require patience and a lot of information about the investment scheme and principles. It's always good to create a table for keeping track .

• +2 1

Yes, my friend, you must follow your investments and always pay attention to them at all times in order to maintain the daily work tool for investment and increase your daily profits.

• +1 2

On 3/20/2020 at 8:02 PM, johant123 said:

Thanks dude for bringing on these beautiful idea on the platform, it has always been difficult for me to track investment, for bringing inn these cointracker site I will follow it and confirm thanks. Wishing you happy new year.

• +1 1

Thank you for giving this website, but i use my exchanger app for tracking my investments. Sometimes i can use coinmarketcap too, but i think the safest way to track your investments is the exchanger app, these apss also providing us a price alarm whic is really important for me. I don't have to deal with other websites or apps.