What are The Risks to Invest Cryptocurrency in an Exchange Site? - Page 7 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Agios

What are The Risks to Invest Cryptocurrency in an Exchange Site?

2 minutes ago, Abuyaman said:

If that's the case don't put everything in the exchange. Because exchanges are prone to hacks and you can lose your coin. when fraudsters get funds from investors then they run off with the money

When we are exchanging, there are also some chances that your account will be exposed to the hackers and scammers so we should really use two factor authenticator because it will make our account secured 24/7.

it depends on the platform itself if it is well secured or not , there are news that kucoin platform was hacked and lost about 150 millions of dollar , this was bad news especially for members of that platform , 

so even if the platform was secured i advise you to not keep all your coins on the exchanger or the platform you are using

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +3 1

Investing in exchanges and earning interest is possible if you want an investment that is inactive, but such investments can make us less trying and working hard. If you rely solely on the interest from investing in crypto exchanges, you will not succeed.
It is better if you trade so that hard work is required here, and one day it can be successful.

• +1 2

In yobit the only risk you have is if the price of coins start dropping. with investbox you can withdraw any time you want and sell the coins so if you expect prices to rise it is good to use it. I don't know in bear market it can be dangerous.

Hard to understand this question. Is this mean that you want to invest in the exchange like buy shares they have and become a member of their board? Or buy an exchange coin? Or you mean you want to use an exchange to invest. Very difficult the way you put it to understand anything. A question is always welcome but you have to know what you want to ask before you do.

• +1 1

On 5/21/2020 at 3:29 PM, Wilmer Garcia said:

If you are right and I share your opinion personally I think that the risk we run is that the price of the currency in which we have invested our money will be reduced and we have lost 

If you possess this mindset then I think you should have a second thought. You can't just lose money by losing money in an exchange but when the value depreciates you will lose money and likewise if it appreciate you will make profits. So it depends on your trading strategy and what you feel would give you profit.

The possibility risks.

Sometimes if you invest in an exchange,  then it can be a scam exchange or the exchange is hacked by the hackers. So if you want to avoid that then invest in a good one.

Then selling or buying check the price correctly. 

Some exchange charge too much fee. 

If you have buyed any coin then makes sure that don't sell it before it's a profit if it's a good coin like BTC and eth.

I have heard a different opinion saying that keeping your coins on the exchange wallet is more dangerous than keeping it let's say in desktop wallet or something other. The most secure way is to buy a ledger Nano.

The truth is that the risks are very few of course, although it is true that you should not deposit in exchanges that look somewhat strange, there are also many other very good exchanges to invest and deposit your money, there are several examples of them are (YOBIT, BINANCE POLONIEX, ETC)

this a risk like few days ago kucoin hack example cryptopia exchange hack many peoples big money useing little amount for trading not all money hold exchange

Good if you have a diversity of risks in cryptocurrencies, Losses due to bad operations in trading. Exit a trade because you are losing capital, Do not place a Stop Loss. Not controlling emotions.

On 12.10.2019 at 09:58, Agios said:

Investing cryptocurrency in an exchange site looks very profitable, will earn interest as a passive income, we don't need to do anything and every month we will get interest, What I want to know is what risk will occur if we invest in an exchange site

The risks are the same as in any other business. It can fail because of the numerous reasons. Because it's only one thing to launch an exchange site. You also need to promote it, to get it recognized and trusted. It's a hard work which requires a lot of time and financial resources. And yes, it can be very profitable taking into consideration that commissions on crypto exchanges are sometimes higher than 15% :)

The risk lies first in the currency itself, it may be scam and the danger is in the platform, it may be subject to hacking or hacking, as we saw previously, and thus losing your money, but the second matter is dealt with in compensation from the platform Therefore, the most important thing should be stored in the wallets

• +2 1

Is there are risk to any investment, yes there is , the truth is there are so many risks that are involved with the who concept of trading this coins but the end comes when one of the coins just falls, that is how this happens, the risk is there and it does affect some of the cases we see around here

• +1 1

An exchange at  wich time it can close or remain as a scam so there will always be a high risk to have your money on the site

• -1 1

I think you can risk amount you can afford to lose, use good exchanges like yobit and binance they have good apportunities for staking and vmining of yobit is great too beside investbox

Apart from the fact that the returns are very low, like 10% a year, there is apparently no other risks. however if  you think about it, you can double your money, if you trade your money, in a very short time, and it would take almost 4 years to double your money. Safe sure, but a very slow process... 

The risk would be probably the odds of accumulating loss to every transactions of trading you would encounter. It would be actually difficult since in every platform, they give different amount of price ranges to every different coin. This would actually could make a potential confusion towards people who are trading since they have difference basis to look at the price ranges of the digital currency of their preferred digital coins. It would not be the price range also would be affecting it but also the time zone that the trade exchange platform is using since there is a possibility that the time zone is different when you are trying to create a transaction in the trade exchange.

If you haven't a hardware wallet, it could be safer to store your holdings on a reliable exchange like Yobit where you have options to turn on 2FA which adds another layer of security to your account. But if you have a hardware wallet, there is no doubt that you must use that.

The general rule is don't leave your crypto investment in an exchange because an exchange can be hacked at any time. So you buy in an exchange and send to your good wallet. 

On 11/10/2019 at 21:58, Agios said:

Invertir criptomonedas en un sitio de intercambio parece muy rentable, generará intereses como ingreso pasivo, no necesitamos hacer nada y todos los meses obtendremos intereses, lo que quiero saber es qué riesgo ocurrirá si invertimos en un intercambio sitio

As long as the cryptocurrencies are not kept in wallets with private keys, the money in exchanges will always run the risk of losing, of being hacked and more today; What has to be verified are the guarantees that they have and that they are backed by policies that their clients can respond to, so that one can be reassured; Kucoin is a good example, they were hacked but they are already responding to their customers (Yobit).

• +4 1

There is no risk to invest your cryptocurrencies in an exchange where you must be very careful is on the websites since there it is very risky to invest because you can lose your money very quickly.

Keeping coins in exchange is not safe because exchange can be hacked or shutdown. My some friends lost money in exchange, but most say it's a safe place to store money. For me, It's always risky to put your coin on exchange but we can trust on some big and trusted exchanges like Yobit.

• +2 2

If you ask about the risk these are many but are reduced when you select the right exchange after a lot of research. I have only recently found Yobit for example and I didn't know that I was actually missing a lot when I was only using coinbase and binance. Yobit is remarkable and it can be trusted. For me there is zero risk in using it, but you always have to be self controlled and not just throw your money without looking. This is financial institution and always there is risk of losing money.

• +3 1

There are a lot of risks. Exchanges can get hacked like Kucoin, Binance and bitfinex but they allowed withdrawals and didn't let their customers pay the damage. But also exchanges can get hacked and can't absorb the this like Cryptopia, Bitgrail, MtGox and more. Also exchanges can exit scam and disappear with the money. This happens too but most with very small and young exchanges. The exchanges that never had any problems are your best bet. Kraken Coinbase and Yobit are for me the best with Yobit ahead as it doesn't demand KYC.

• +3 1