What to do if a coin accidentally reaches your wallet? - Page 4 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

What to do if a coin accidentally reaches your wallet?

Well yes I have an experience like this and I got shocked because the amount is quite big, but I don't know what to do because I'm sure it is accidentally sent fo me because of wrong address, so I don't know how will I return it so I make good use of it.

If such thing happens then I will be very happy and also hope that the such thing happens everyday..... everyone wanna to earn money from all the ways & hence I will thank the good fortune of mine. I shall praise the Lord for this & will be happy on my luck.

This kind of mistakes might occur because it's really possible to happen, but this is really low chance for us to receive because there are lots of addresses available. If this happen to me, I will not return the coin because it's impossible to do since we do not know the address of whom is it from.

If i accidentally reach coins in my wallet then i sell my coins and withdraw all funds. I know this not possible because i'm very unlucky man, so I don't think so anybody wrongly sent me coins.

If the coin accidentally hits the wallet then in the future it will be possible to sell it. The main thing is to wait for the right moment when its price is high to make more money.

Yes, you are right. You are not guilty but know that the money isn't yours. That's someone's hard work and sweat. You don't know how long it took him to get that amount and know that one day, you also can mistakenly send money to the wrong address and will be praying for the person to send it back.

I appraise to restore  him. At swift I hang on he will drop a line to me.  If he don't friend me,  I will return it to the sender and wait for him to reward me for returning it, because I put myself in the same situation. That would be very sad.  I will wear out every of folks coins in my wallet and hang about them in stock, and at could you repeat that.

If I accidentally get a coin in my wallet, then I will try to hold on to why people think hard earned dollars.. It is my duty to return it

4 hours ago, Ilustration said:

Well, I will not give this back to user.

Because of thier negligence thier money lose and this mistake will become learning for them.  

You chose not to return the money to any of its owners, and this is your decision, and you are free, of course, and it may be that from this side you have a good lesson so that it will not be neglected again, but for me it is better to return it. Of course, everyone has a different opinion.

14 minutes ago, Godivnik9 said:

I will take all of those coins in my wallet and keep them in stock, and when the market price of these coins increases, I can earn money bytrading them, and you have to have patiencfor that.

It seems that you are a very practical and realistic person. You did not even think whether to return it to its owner or not. There is nothing wrong with every person who has a different way of thinking about things and he is free of course and I cannot blame anyone because everyone has his decision.

14 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

Did it happen to you before a deposit arrived in your wallet by chance and did not know who sent this coin?
Sometimes it happens that people put a wrong address and do not pay attention to it, then discover their mistake too late.
What if someone accidentally deposited a coin on your wallet? Would you be happy and ignore it as if nothing had happened?
Or will you return the coin to the address it came from?

From a legal point of view, you are not guilty and do not blame you, but let us discuss the matter from a technical and moral point of view.
First, technically, could such a mistake occur?

Second: From the moral point of view, what do you do in this case?
I want to know your opinions

The moral values asked us to return back the funds to the original owner. But i think it is difficult to find a original owner in most cases. But if i have found this type of wallet credits than i will definitely try my level best to find the original owner will return it back to him. 

I am sick of LOVE and want your click on ❤️.

13 hours ago, Anthor95 said:

If a coin accidentally reaches my wallet, I will take all of those coins in my wallet and keep them in stock, and when the market price of these coins increases, I can earn money by trading them, and you have to have patience for that,  If you do not have the patience you will waste these coins.

Yes i think i will also take those deposited coins by chance but yes if the sender contacts me then i would not argue to return it back.

Welcome with me
Technically, such an error can occur, which are common mistakes
From an ethical point of view, the conscience must be moved within us to return value to the address it sent to us

If I receive some sum of coins accidentally.if theres a system become aware of the sender in poor health fling it back.but if I wont attain the sender as a substitute of stocking it in my wallet i will use it.and ill right ponder it as an a gift.

If accedently anyone sent coin in my wallet then I am trying to back their coin. But now a huge number of scammers always try to cheat with the people

1 hour ago, Tashfia said:

I think you have to find sender wallet. And you have to wait for some time. But i don't face anything by it. You should careful about it. You will try to return it  

1 hour ago, Sultan3 said:

I think if the coin is accidentally reach in wallet. I store them and wait for their rate high. When the rate of coin is going up then I can invest and get profit this is my opinion.

Well, both of you have chosen a different position from the other, one of you decides to return the money to its owner and the other decides to store the tin coin until it rises and then sells it. Actually most people are different about this. I have seen many responses and they are different from each other.

Of course it should be fully utilized, if it is Bitcoin or Ethereum and without naming the alt, you should enjoy your life if you accidentally get a coin

It Did Not Happen With My Anytime Because I Did Not Share My Withdrawal Address Anywhere Without Any Reason And If It Reaches Suddenly Then I Will Contact Him And Give Him Back His Money.

If he or she accidentally send this coins I will make a way to return this in complete way especially if the value is big. But all in all this is not your fault so just stay relax and give it to the original user.

On 2/12/2020 at 6:32 AM, Crypto123 said:

Did it happen to you before a deposit arrived in your wallet by chance and did not know who sent this coin?
Sometimes it happens that people put a wrong address and do not pay attention to it, then discover their mistake too late.
What if someone accidentally deposited a coin on your wallet? Would you be happy and ignore it as if nothing had happened?

From a legal point of view, you are not guilty and do not blame you, but let us discuss the matter from a technical and moral point of view.

First of all, changes of someone putting money on your account is more then astronomical. It never happens unless they have your address on the copypaste clipboard. What you are talking about are probably random airdrop spam for eth holders.

On 2/12/2020 at 5:32 AM, Crypto123 said:

From my perspective as a good citizen of my country I accidentally receive a coin from someone I don't know about I will kindly and immediately return it to the address it came from  I can't ignore it because it's not mine I didn't work for it so I can not just claim it to be mine

Didn't happen to me before, but if I got like this I'm going to return the money deposited in my wallet to the same address that has flattened because the money does not belong to me and deserved it may be someone made a mistake in the title of the portfolio 
One must have good manners.

6 hours ago, caklonte said:

I think I think I'll just ignore where the stray coins come from into my wallet. Because I have never experienced that until now. Think about it, the addresses of each cryptocurrency are all different. How can mistakes be the address of someone else. It seems impossible

Not completely impossible, you can copy a wrong address for someone on the Internet or a friend or something else and then paste it into the address you want to send to. And this error can happen simply and without feeling.

There is nothing we can do about it. Cause I can't really go and find out from which person did this coin came from. It's not possible in this cryptoworld. 

3 hours ago, Goody28 said:

From my perspective as a good citizen of my country I accidentally receive a coin from someone I don't know about I will kindly and immediately return it to the address it came from  I can't ignore it because it's not mine I didn't work for it so I can not just claim it to be mine

Very good, well done, you are really a good citizen and I thank you, yes I personally think it is better to return it and I also if it happened to me I will return it. Of course people have different opinions on this topic and they cannot be equal.

Edited by Crypto123
correction