The difference between private key and a public key - Page 4 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Mandoy01

The difference between private key and a public key

according to me the defination of public key is;

A public key is a cryptographic code that allows a user to receive cryptocurrencies into his or her account. The public coupled with the private key are significant tools required to ensure the security of the crypto economy......................................................................................................................................

i know this information so, i share this  with you.........................................................................................

#😊Don't forget to hit the " ❤️ " button ! #🥰

I really thought that public key is just another private key but public, so it's just another term of the wallet address. Thanks though for clearing that out. Well, the private key is what you have to protect and the one to open or get access to your wallet. Protect it, no matter what the cost, because it's a key to keep all of your assets safe.

Very good comments and information that helps us as a community, for my part I did not know anything about the public and private key, my doubts about this are now clear.

• Useful or interesting 1

Please if you are new here never mistake this two thing which are the private key and the public key, your private key is you personal key for your bitcoin wallet never share it to any one to avoid loss of bitcoin you can only share you public key.

Thanks for sharing this brother but i think the difference to public key and private key is like the private key is more secured than the public key.

On 1/26/2020 at 8:14 PM, Mandoy01 said:

If we talk about wallets then we will also talk about the wallet keys. There are two kinds of wallet keys; the private key and the public key.

The public key is also known as your wallet address. This is the alpha numeric number which you give to someone in order to receive a certain coin or token. The word public means that you can share it so you can make transactions.

Next is the private keys. Private keys are like the keys you use to open your door. For example you are going to unlock your door and you need a key to open it. It is the same with your private keys, this is the key that you will use to unlock or access your wallet. The word private here means that this key needs to be kept by you and never be shared otherwise other people can access your wallet.

So always keep in mind the difference so that your wallet will be safe and your coin or token will not be taken away from you. Share only your public key (wallet address) and not your private key.

On 1/29/2020 at 11:45 AM, Unknown user said:

I don't know it the us for making this good good the public wallet is not safe and the provide wallet is safe.

Yes friend you are right we need to save our private key and don't Shae it with others people otherwise we lost our balance your information is also useful for me you have post a useful topic thank you friend to share a great content with us

Sorry dear mate i also a new member of this cryptotalk community i am very confused about the public key and private key.. i also want to know about this question i think experts of this forum gives us a good answer

It is very important to keep your private keys safe and not s=to share them with anyone as this is the easiest way for someone to hack your account and withdraw all of your bitcoin. You public key is your bitcoin address which you use to receive bitcoin payments. This is okay to distribute as there is no danger in people knowing your wallet address, however the private key is unique to each wallet and should never be shared.

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

Public key is shareable but private can not shamble, so if we share private key to any others people our all coin be loose. So we have to be careful about private coin, others this is if we lost out private than we can not withdraw our coin. So we have to store our private key safe zone.

Since I am a new user I do not have a good idea about this, if anyone knows, you must let me know.  It is important for every user to gain knowledge of the subject.

The different between the private key and public key means the private key is used on your security purpose about your I'd/password or other things.the public key is used in publicly in order to your payments method.

I agree with you. I think this information is useful for people who start with this issue of public and private keys. Good post.

I am newbie and joined this site 1 hour ago i dont know the difference between the private key and public key but know to read this post i inderstand thanks for sharing this information

Sorry, I have no idea about this. However, if you can, then by cryptocurrency post, I will inform you of this. And I'll try to answer good questions later. Thanks

On 1/26/2020 at 8:14 PM, Mandoy01 said:

If we talk about wallets then we will also talk about the wallet keys. There are two kinds of wallet keys; the private key and the public key.

The public key is also known as your wallet address. This is the alpha numeric number which you give to someone in order to receive a certain coin or token. The word public means that you can share it so you can make transactions.

Next is the private keys. Private keys are like the keys you use to open your door. For example you are going to unlock your door and you need a key to open it. It is the same with your private keys, this is the key that you will use to unlock or access your wallet. The word private here means that this key needs to be kept by you and never be shared otherwise other people can access your wallet.

So always keep in mind the difference so that your wallet will be safe and your coin or token will not be taken away from you. Share only your public key (wallet address) and not your private key.

Yes i agreed your account keys are like the keys you use open your door example you going with your private keys this is the key to open its a good,,,,

This is a good useful information shared to us. We should continually safe our private keys and not at all program to any one. If we performance that may be our full currency is not safe and can be stolen.

private keys is very important , anyone can easily access to your money if you share it , i suggest to write in the paper securely in a traditional way , its not so safe on electronic components which have internet access

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Thanks for this great infor it's so helpful to beginners and its true we should not share our private keys to anyone even our best friends because no one can be trusted with cryptocurrency.

I know these terminologies but explained by you is still good to see. There are many users here don't know the main difference but with this post they have the basic concept about the while private and public key. Thanks..

The secret key is the set of codes required to access your money and reign on the wallet. Public key is your visible address to confirm in some cases.

Thanks for the clarification, but the wallet addresses are very important, whether public or private, because if one of them is lost, this leads to the loss of money.

sorry but I don't have much idea about this content so I will prepare to go to the other members comments were there thinking about this it will really helpful for me as well as other members so that we can relate it with us and we can get some idea also we can help other members about this content..

This is really useful information, of course, we must keep our private key and not give it to anyone only. We can give the general address of the currency exchange only, knowing that it changes with every transfer in bitcoin.

Good information thank you. I always keep my private key secured to prevent getting hacked or spammed!

• +2 1

Public and the private keys are the main part of a account.Saving them in your notebooks or anyother safe place is essential.You can share your public key but not the private key.Because anyone can have access to your account if they get your private key.