Never leave your Bitcoins and Crypto in an exchange - Page 8 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
alz190

Never leave your Bitcoins and Crypto in an exchange

Yes of course I don't store bitcoin and crypto on exchanges, I only save a little for day trading. Many exchanges have closed their exchanges because they were hacked and lost money belonging to customers. To anticipate this, we can keep it in the wallet safely.

• +2 1

Thank you so much for enlighten us on this wonderful forum, what you said is actually ok and recommended I hope we all make use of what we learn from this topic. Thank you

I have never had any problems with holding cryptocurrencies on hot wallets or on exchanges, but many people say about it, that exchanges can be hacked and you always can lose your money, so we shouldn`t keep our money there. Moreover, for now DEX are popular now and we just can`t use it to sell or buy something 

That could happen with many exchanges so we should keep our bitcoins far away in secure wallets but also there's some wallets which you can't trust 

• +2 1
  • +3 1

This is very valuable information..Can you tell me how to make a backup copy of my keys and wallet ??
Thank you for your effort for sharing this information
That's a nice moral quality to teach people what you know
Thanks again

• +2 1

A very good Topic / Post and a very important one. I have been saying the same for ages now. Never leave your BTC or other coins, in an online exchange. Or even an online wallet for that matter. If your an active trader in crypto´s, leave just enough in your online exchange, to trade with. Its best to keep your money, safe on your computer, in a wallet that you have downloaded to your computer. There are wallets now, like exodus & Jaxx Liberty, that allow you to exchange coins within the wallet, they act as an exchange, so to speak. With very reasonable transaction fees.

Over the yrs, many exchanges & online wallets have been hacked. The hackers are constantly looking for ways to hack into any place where there is money stored. So better to be safe than sorry. Store your money on your computer.

Earn Free Bit-Coins. Every hour you can win up to $200 USD in BTC.

https://freebitco.in/?r=41529082

1100388917_FreeBitco_in3.png.3817f1e8269d8e972cacf1276f358331.png

Thanks for this mate, it's better to get your coin savings in a wallet instead of an exchange, an exchange platform may decided to shut down market or get hacked and immediately that happens, your hard earned coin is nowhere to be found

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿Instagram🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

It is very bad to leave your coins on exchanges, but if you are an active trader, you will for no option because you use the coins to trade. But if you are not making use of the coin, it is better to transfer it to a wallet, noncustodial wallet precisely, hardware wallet preferably for the best safety of your coins. 

• +2 2

It is a very important point that you mention, and it is true that it is not recommended to leave your assets within an exchange, because if it has happened, they disappear from one day to the next, and you can lose your assets, I also agree with having a separate wallet that is safe and secure.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

That's right and thank you for the advice.  But for me, I have been keeping my bitcoin in Yobit for a long time.  It is safe and can keep all currencies without worry

I think you are right. We never leave our bitcoin in exchange. Because there are many exchanges are hacked. If any exchange hacked you lose your all money.  But I use trust wallet it is safe and secure. My money safe in it.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Yes i think it is right. You can say right. But i think these all sites are not same but few sites are very good such as yobit and binance. But then don't set long money at the exchange site it is risky.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

You say right my friend there are some wallets whose not trusted . That's why always choose trust able wallet because if you store your money in fake and scam walllet you lost your money .  We should keep our  bitcoins in safe and secure wallet .

3 hours ago, Malik9532 said:

You say right my friend there are some wallets whose not trusted . That's why always choose trust able wallet because if you store your money in fake and scam walllet you lost your money .  We should keep our  bitcoins in safe and secure wallet .

Even I will not also still recommend to keep high amount of coins on online wallet, even if it is trusted or not. It will be better to make use of hardware wallet for such reasons to be able to be on the safest side. 

• +1 1

we should not leave our bitcoin and other crypto in an exchange. because for security reasons, but I think it will cost a lot if after trading on the exchange we always withdraw cryptocurrency to the wallet.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Yes, this is true ... But if you choose the appropriate stock exchange, I do not think that there will be a risk to your money .. Most investments and trades for cryptocurrencies need ample time to achieve the desired profit.

• +1 1

22 hours ago, Mahmod aljarah said:

Yes, this is true ... But if you choose the appropriate stock exchange, I do not think that there will be a risk to your money .. Most investments and trades for cryptocurrencies need ample time to achieve the desired profit.

We are not talking about stock exchange here, we are talking about crypto exchanges, they are more risky to do with compared to fx or stick exchange s and it is not recommended to leave your coins on exchanges. 

You are right, but unfortunately my money is always on the stock market because I usually trade, I do not know how I can provide extra security in this regard.

On 12/11/2020 at 12:49 PM, Mahmod aljarah said:

Only crypto exchange can be used for crypto trading, stock exchange can not be used. No ample time is needed for anything, what the person that started this topic meant was that exchanges are safe that if you have inactive amount on exchange that you should withdraw it into your wallet. 

I appreciate, I am totally agree with you because there are lot of many exchange well be hacked,and there are very difficult,and mostly members disappointed exchange should be hacked,and members shot down a exchange that is reason.

• Useful or interesting 1

Thanks for the advice mate, if you could be right it would be safer to send the Bitcoin fractions to a wallet with its security protocol where it is stored that assets a wallet that has its private keys to access, although there are secure exchanges such as Binance and Yobit, but still you have to be careful with hackers

I have face this few problems at some exchanges where my coins does shows into my my wallet of exchange and platform got hacked. The loss wasn't big for me that time but loss is a loss. I am not placing assets at cold storage of mine. And using reasonable amount to run my crypto operations. The fear of lost and loss gives me heart attack. I am not big trader and investor  but it enough for me. Their for never leave your big amount at online (Hot Wallet). Which can be hacked or compromised anytime place them near to you. 

You are right, I advise choosing a reliable and secure wallet, this is the most important thing, and also not to put large amounts of Bitcoin on the stock exchange.