Never leave your Bitcoins and Crypto in an exchange - Page 9 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
alz190

Never leave your Bitcoins and Crypto in an exchange

I have recently noticed that a lot of exchanges are being hacked at the moment. It is becoming very difficult to keep money. We should never give up our money in return. Money should be checked occasionally and kept in a safe place

For me, it depends on the exchange one makes use of. If they have a good standing in thier reputation lining, I will definitely store coins like my Bitcoin in those exchanges as the withdrawal fees charged are in the high side. 

There arr exchanges that have a good backing of insurance when it comes under attack by hackers and this exchanges are good for storing coins. Its not generally advisable to store your coins in exchanges generally but what I said is my own opinion

I never leave my crypto in the exchange sites. I exchange the coins & immediately withdraw to my personal wallets. Hot wallets aren't 100 percent safer so I use non-custodial wallets to store my crypto. Excahnge wallets can be hacked by the hackers anytime.

exchange role is to buy and sell coins on it, not for storing coin, so as you said we should be save our coin in good wallet, and in the trading we should be choose good and strong exchange for trading on it.

Wallets are very important in crypto. The private keys must be stored safely and we should be careful when not trading we should not leave our money in exchanges. Exchanges are important for us to trade and profit but as we have seen even lately there have been a few that were hacked and one Livecoin it probably won't pay the customers as they said they lost everything.

I also have lost some coins because of sudden stopping of crypto trading and I have lost almost 200 dollars in just 10 minutes and now I also use centralized exchanges for the safety of my account and trading.

I also have lost some coins because of sudden stopping of crypto trading and I have lost almost 200 dollars in just 10 minutes and now I also use centralized exchanges for the safety of my account and trading.

it is good advice but it is not really our choice is it? we have to keep our money  on an exchange and of course al the crypto users are aware of the dangers that comes with it , but you cannot move your money everyday from your wallet to the exchange to be able to buy and sell f you know what I mean.

He considered that this is one of the most common mistakes in the world of cryptocurrencies, especially in the case of beginners, it is best to save the profits or passive funds in a platform or portfolio that gives us the private key, leave everything in  an exchange is like putting a rope around your neck.

It goes without saying, my friend, that we do not leave our money in the stock exchange, as there are many hackers waiting for this mistake from users. Advice should be directed to those who are new to making exchanges.

On 1/21/2020 at 11:59 AM, alz190 said:

If you are into crypto then chances are that you have dealt with a crypto exchange.

Though there are 2 types of exchanges centralized and decentralized but there is one thing that you must note and be careful about.

That is never leave your bitcoins and other crypto in an exchange.

The reason for this is safety of your bitcoins and crypto

Normally when you sign up for an account and access your dashboard you can access your bitcoin and other crypto deposit addresses from withing your dashboard.

Once you have traded the crypto you own shows up in the dashboard of your account.

Have you ever thought what could happen if the exchange you are trading on today closes down?

All your hard earned crypto money could vanish!!!

So it is very important to withdraw your crypto money and keep it in a wallet.

Also back up the wallet and the private keys associated with your wallet

Yeah you're absolutely right that if the exchange closes down, we can loose our money so we shouldn't leave our crypto currencies in the exchange. We should transfer these currencies as soon as possible. Thank you so much for giving this valuable and helpful information. We should be very careful about the exchange platforms and we should use the safe exchange. 

You are right mate because today there are some certain exchangers that are not well secured and hackers can attack the exchanger at anytime for this reason. So i think the best idea is,whenever you deposit YOUR currency in any exchange site,just trade the currency and withdrawl it.

First of all, Sharma, have you spoken very well I don't think anyone is in any exchange like this In such a situation that we have seen it after noon or not. So what you should do is that you should take them out of the job money And should be transferred to your account. 

Yes, it is true because it is better way to save money .And if u want about a crypto currency then you are at a disadvantage.Actully people can spend a few time to understand .So i personally used it .

Definitely there is a risk when we store our cryptocurrency currency in an exchange site but if we choose an secure and safe exchange site then we can dealt with issue.Yobit is a best exchange site amd I prefer it as I think it is highly safe and security due to its security features so we don't need to worry about our funds stored here.

On 1/21/2020 at 11:59 AM, alz190 said:

If you are into crypto then chances are that you have dealt with a crypto exchange.

Though there are 2 types of exchanges centralized and decentralized but there is one thing that you must note and be careful about.

Normally when you sign up for an account and access your dashboard you can access your bitcoin and other crypto deposit addresses from withing your dashboard.

Once you have traded the crypto you own shows up in the dashboard of your account.

Have you ever thought what could happen if the exchange you are trading on today closes down?

So it is very important to withdraw your crypto money and keep it in a wallet.

Also back up the wallet and the private keys associated with your wallet

The number of hackers has increased a lot so many exchanges are being hacked now so if we keep our currencies in the exchange for a long time then there can be danger.So we will not keep currency in any exchange for a long time, if we keep it, we will keep it with storng security so that no hacker can hack.

This is so obvious, me subsequent to exchanging. I generally send every one of my coins to my equipment wallets in light of the fact that with that I am so certain and ensured that my coins wont be contact until my hardwallet isn't being connected to such a gadgets.

• +5 1

I will never leave, because after trading i want to earn my profits, so that i can live a better life. but one more thing is that sometimes storing the coins in the exchange is never easy. So a little worried but with a little presence of mind we can save our coins.

• +5 1

even if you want to keep your money in the exchange you can do it but be careful with it and do not chose the exchange with the less and low reputation and use it as the part of the wallets.

Oh, it is really a serious matter you have discussed my friend. I also prefer to keep my Cryptocurrencies in wallet instead of leave it on exchange forum. That is true the exchange could be closed or attack by scammers anytime. So it would be far better to keep your currency into wallet instead of leave it in exchange site.

• +5 1

"You must have to take decision on Merit.💯"

"If you find my post useful, then give positive reputation.❤️"

"If you find my post useless, then give me negative reputation.🙂"

One of the unwritten rules of the crypto world is not to leave all the funds in a single platform and much less if it is an exchange unless said exchange has insurance that supports the losses and responds to its users as is the case of binance.

• +5 1

Thank you very much for this post! Many people actually benefit from seeing this type of content. Many times the advice we see here from beginners help us a lot regarding the time of knowing about exchange of crypto currencies on the platform. So these are the kind of posts that you have to comment and create many more like this!

Dear thank you for sharing this information. Yes your cryptocurrencies is only safe as the method to store it . Exchanges are considered the least secure venue to store cryptocurrency. While offline wallets are safest. You can keep your crypto in any exchange but it is not recommended.

Everyone says the same thing, don't store Bitcoin and crypto on the exchange, because at any time the exchange could be closed or hacked. So this is dangerous for Bitcoin which we have worked really hard on and spent a lot of time getting. So, keep your Bitcoin in a secure wallet and leave some money to trade on the exchange.

• +1 1

Yes there are lot of exchanges hackers and scammers. And you are right i am completely agree with you for this, well i will suggest you to never ever leave your crypto into exchanges sites otherwise it will be hacked. Thank you