Bullrun 2020 vs bullrun 2017 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
MrSpasybo

Bullrun 2020 vs bullrun 2017

“2017 was all about hype and first-time users jumping in to try to catch BTC because of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out),” Celsius CEO Alex Mashinsky told Cointelegraph. “This time, it is different,” he noted. “The fact almost no one is searching for BTC,” said Mashinsky, referencing data from Google Trends, “tells you everyone already knows what it is and where to buy it (cash app or Paypal).”

Article: This bull market is different because people already know about crypto, Celsius CEO says

In your opinion, is the crypto market really matured and does this bullrun have any big difference compared to 2017? Stats like Google BTC searches are for reference only, and I think searches lower than 2017 are simply because everyone already knows the basics of blockchain & BTC.
Currently, the investor situation with FOMO is still going on. They were FOMO by liquid DeFi projects, they were FOMO because PayPal, Ebay, Visa information accepted the value of BTC, however I am not sure if this FOMO is reasonable or not. I really expect BTC to reach $20K soon, and $15K is the bottom of next small correction. The obsession of BTC's fall in 2018 continues to haunt me, which makes me not dare to put much faith in this bull-run.
And since 2017, I haven't bought any more satoshi.

• +1 3
  • +2 2
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

Unlike 2017 where BTC flopped right away shortly after reaching its all-time high, today's bullrun has already experienced some drops but is still managing to maintain its hold on its higher price range. We're literally having a seesaw battle here, as you can see on this graph taken today.

image.png.5c36f1ccc89bfc92a659f42b37ec25b1.png

It is now only a matter of whether or not the bubble will finally burst, and when it will happen.

• +2 1
  • +3 3

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

Bullrun 2017 reached its all time high price than the bullrun 2020. We did not experience all time high price in this year 2020, so bullrun 2017 is better than bullrun 2020.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

5 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

It is now only a matter of whether or not the bubble will finally burst, and when it will happen.

It is very hard to say @kyoukage01 . I have just reviewed a news which suggest BitFinex hacker started to move hacked BTC for the exchange purpose. Blockchain analysis companies have not revealed the exchange name yet but that hacker is more likely to attempt for the cash out. If such is happens through the low ranked exchange massive dump is on the way. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

Here is today's BTC to USD chart I've taken just now.

image.png.cfe4245221fd24cdc10dd1ff7575c41a.png

BTC price starts to rise again. That confirms it, we really do have a seesaw battle going on right now. Totally different from back in 2017.

15 hours ago, Whited35 said:

I have just reviewed a news which suggest BitFinex hacker started to move hacked BTC for the exchange purpose. Blockchain analysis companies have not revealed the exchange name yet but that hacker is more likely to attempt for the cash out.

Can you give me the link to the news? And how many BTC is involved in the hack? Hopefully something is going to be done to the hacker and the BTC soon before it dissolves into the exchanges.

• +2 1
  • +4 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

I think that the bullrun of 2017 took as to the price of 20k which is the price we are about to meet at 2020, but then it was not as stable, the bullrun of 2020 would take us to 20k or more and is about to stay there for long.

• +1 1

On 12/3/2020 at 9:55 PM, MrSpasybo said:

“This time, it is different,” he noted. “The fact almost no one is searching for BTC,” said Mashinsky, referencing data from Google Trends, “tells you everyone already knows what it is and where to buy it (cash app or Paypal).”

I've noticed same thing but i have been thinking that in this season when next ultimate btc top peaks, it will be also be ath of btc google searches.

I've been mainly using google trends for other crypto related keywords and studying what different regions are searching. 

If this was a crypto chart, i would buy it right now ->  

image.thumb.png.7ed322a07bbdde72653bf5b959a70b76.png

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=blockchain

Imho this shows interest for altcoins.

Edited by rekter
  • +3 1

1 hour ago, rekter said:

I've noticed same thing but i have been thinking that in this season when next ultimate btc top peaks, it will be also be ath of btc google searches.

Google Search is strong index in my perspective too. And After so long time we have crossed 25 line in term "Bitcoin" tag in Google search in this month December.

It looks the search for Bitcoin is clearly heading upward. Once Bitcoin crossed 20k we will see massive increase in searches too.

Screenshot_2020-12-06-16-08-34-374_com.android.browser.thumb.jpg.b4cdd105c4ae41bf95b89fcaf671c675.jpg

I would like to show you another search tags.

Screenshot_2020-12-06-16-19-30-233_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.35545ca4981bb95d0357a6069d31d871.jpg

People are searching Bitcoin price, it has got massive increase which means people are searching more about price and stock of Bitcoin🤣 than Bitcoin itself. This also indicates that there are still many newbie coming for Bitcoin (Bitcoin stock).

I see this as massive Bullish news. Once we cross 20k all bears will be rekt in my opinion.

• +3 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

It seems that current bull run is being propelled by institutional investors, big participants of the market, namely Paypal, Square, MicroStrategy , etc, rather that retail investors as in 2007. Therefore, this bull run has been more sustainable and the price has nicely hold up at high levels. However, any bull run is followed by a correction, so it remains to be seen how much the price can further go up before this happens.

• +1 1

As per the prediction the Bull of the 2020 will break the record of the 2017 and the price are still in pause position, once its start moving than the actual position will be confirmed.

Youtube ChannelSocial media Assets, Websites and Plugins are available in a very reasonable price 😇 TALK Token is also acceptable.

I think the bull that will come this year will be tougher. It will offer us very good earning opportunities. the market is already prepared for this and the whales are currently trying to get the top investor bored and take the lead in the ups. my portfolio is ready. I'm looking forward to the coming bull season with excitement. my goal is to make a 5x profit. I'm looking forward to a great bear season after bull season. when that time comes, I will completely withdraw from the market.

• +1 1

I absolutely agree with it. In 2017 growth was artificial and everyone felt it. Price became high fast and dropped down the same way. For now, there is still no a huge hyip, but price has already reached 32k dollars and it doesn`t stop. I think we can reach even 50k in some time. Let`s look at the bitcoin show 

• +2 1

I think the 2020 cryptocurrency situation is not like the 2017 cryptocurrency situation. Because of the pandemic a lot of people joined the cryptocurrency market, and Bitcoin is the most benefit about that. For this reason the bull run 2020 more greater than the bull run 2017 and Bitcoin price value increasing more than 2017.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

The bull run of 2017 is different from 2020, for the simple reason of those who are investing in cryptocurrencies, during 2017 it was small investors, speculators and traders who raised the price, while in 2020 the situation is different, it is private institutions who are investing hundreds of millions to capitalize as quickly as possible.

On 12/8/2020 at 9:09 AM, Jromz said:

It seems that current bull run is being propelled by institutional investors, big participants of the market, namely Paypal, Square, MicroStrategy , etc, rather that retail investors as in 2007. Therefore, this bull run has been more sustainable and the price has nicely hold up at high levels. However, any bull run is followed by a correction, so it remains to be seen how much the price can further go up before this happens.

Currently the price of BTC has surpassed $50K and brought the crypto community back to life in 2017. Tesla invested $1.5B in BTC while accepting payments in BTC. MicroStrategy has held a meeting with more than 1,000 companies to transfer their experience investing in Bitcoin, and they have even released Bitcoin investment courses & materials. Right now the dynamics of Bitcoin are very solid, which are the major financial companies in the traditional economy, not ponzi projects like Bitconnect or risky ICOs in 2017. I really look forward to BTC will conquer $100K as many experts predict.

There is a very distinct difference between 2017 and 2020 bull run the former seems to be more direct and less fluctuating when compared to the 2020 the 2020 bull run was affected by Corona but came back to become one of the highest and the history of cryptocurrencies

To my understanding, the bull run is quite distinctive in both the cases. At earlier in 2017, the bull was something like people got interested in cryptos, as they tend to earn online by investing or trading with cryptocurrencies. However, at 2020 it's something like FOMO, as many people are already into this, and they would like to make their portfolio strong by investing on different Crypto coins and just be ahead of all, and make their way out to achieve more.

The difference is very small. It is just the same bull run as always when you look at the charts, the only thing that changes is volumes in USD which are required to be higher. For Bitcoin to reach 50k it was required for institutions to FOMO and this is what is happening, we see the chart rising, and we know there is another big purchase from a company like Tesla or institutions through Grayscale. We learn in the news a few weeks later how much they bought. Until this institutional interest wanes, Bitcoin's price will keep rising.

@kryptonickHahaha, we can say the difference lies in the investors: in 2017, the ICO wave attracted the attention of small investors, and in 2021 we got the attention of the big investors. At the same time I am seeing the image of the ICO from the NFT auctions, maybe it will become a bomb in the crypto world this year.

• +3 1

3 minutes ago, MrSpasybo said:

@kryptonickHahaha, we can say the difference lies in the investors: in 2017, the ICO wave attracted the attention of small investors, and in 2021 we got the attention of the big investors. At the same time I am seeing the image of the ICO from the NFT auctions, maybe it will become a bomb in the crypto world this year.

Yes, it was earlier DeFi and not NFT. In fact it was expected that NFTs will be trending. Earlier there were huge volumes for some NFTs, but they seemed to be manipulated. Now it is very hyped and everyone wants to create NFTs. But the reason is that all want to make more money and since this is what sells today, all the focus turns to NFT.

• +2 1

On 3/14/2021 at 9:50 PM, kryptonick said:

Yes, it was earlier DeFi and not NFT. In fact it was expected that NFTs will be trending. Earlier there were huge volumes for some NFTs, but they seemed to be manipulated. Now it is very hyped and everyone wants to create NFTs. But the reason is that all want to make more money and since this is what sells today, all the focus turns to NFT.

@kryptonickI think I can use the word "crazy" to describe the current NFT market. Everything is being so exaggerated that people are creating and selling 100x100 pixel pictures for a few dollars, like many investors who bought ICOs in 2017 with the idea of metal mining on asteroids...
Anyway, we don't care about the debates, we just want to make profits. And there is no denying that the NFT is bringing the excitement and promotion of the crypto market to more people. I believe Bitcoin & altcoins both receive a positive impact.

Edited by MrSpasybo
  • +3 1

22 hours ago, MrSpasybo said:

Everything is being so exaggerated that people are creating and selling 100x100 pixel pictures for a few dollars, like many investors who bought ICOs in 2017 with the idea of metal mining on asteroids...

Yes this is overly inflated market and we see many celebrities lately trying to exploit it and make a few millions out of nowhere. It is heart-braking how the crypto industry becomes such a joke any time there is a good idea. Everyone is just acting like a scammer just like with the ICO, the exchange-listings, the fake partnerships and anything that can come in mind. When something good appears, it is quickly covered with mud.

• +5 1

2 hours ago, kryptonick said:

Yes this is overly inflated market and we see many celebrities lately trying to exploit it and make a few millions out of nowhere. It is heart-braking how the crypto industry becomes such a joke any time there is a good idea. Everyone is just acting like a scammer just like with the ICO, the exchange-listings, the fake partnerships and anything that can come in mind. When something good appears, it is quickly covered with mud.

@kryptonickI believe whales have done everything to attract huge amounts of money into the crypto market, under the pretext of Bitcoin halving: Lending, ICO, STO, IEO, IDO, DeFi, NFT... More money in market, more money whaves can get.
Maybe we'll see NFT as ICOs soon. Anyway, bullrun 2020-2021 also helps many people payback and have more profits. Hope everyone has time to sell to take profit.
How is your balance in this bullrun? x10 or x500 ^^

• +4 1

20 hours ago, MrSpasybo said:

How is your balance in this bullrun? x10 or x500 ^^

Who has made x500? This numbers are not real. Maybe if someone gets lucky he can go there. I am not even x10 but lower. Just to cover for the year of the pandemic without any other income at all. Had to withdraw very often, almost each month just to cover bills, monthly cost of living and pay some unavoidable expenses..

• +5 1

3 hours ago, kryptonick said:

Who has made x500? This numbers are not real. Maybe if someone gets lucky he can go there. I am not even x10 but lower. Just to cover for the year of the pandemic without any other income at all. Had to withdraw very often, almost each month just to cover bills, monthly cost of living and pay some unavoidable expenses..

@kryptonick According to 1 share in the Vietnamese trading community, in the past few months there has been a case of investing 1K USD and earning 1M USD, ie x1000. And I believe that's true. If you're luck enough to join in and make profit x25 twice in a row, you probably already have x500.
I am a holder and I have x10, I believe professional traders/holders will be able to x1000.
Currently I don't have to sell any tokens, my scholarship is still enough for me to sustain my life. I am working on the idea of investing in potential altcoins with sts received from CryptoTalk.