How to avoid theft, scams, and any other loss of funds. - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Digicoin

How to avoid theft, scams, and any other loss of funds.

15 hours ago, Naga said:

this is very dangerous because a lot of people has lost their private keys which means they lost access to their funds and that means there will be less bitcoin in circulation.

Do not keep the private key in digital form or connected computer! Always write with paper and pen (the most important thing is to ensure that the letters are not damaged or disappeared. Add a cover to protect the paper and hide it in safe places).

• +1 1

On 12/23/2019 at 7:04 PM, Digicoin said:

Generate your private keys in a secure, offline environment

Except if using little amounts, in which cases keys may be created in a hot wallet but otherwise offline wallet it better and the safest.

Create backups of your private keys

This helps to protect against the loss of your bitcoin due to hard drive failure.

Encrypt wallets to provide additional security

This helps prevent the physical theft of your funds in the event that your device or hardware wallet is stolen. 

Good information, but from the start for every security measure there is a risk. I instill more in myself to always be careful how small the problem or incident. hardware wallet might be the best solution for security

Before invest always try to research about the project. Don't invest without any knowledge. Also always try to turn on your wallet security to secure your fund. Don't trade with your emotion. And always stay away from fud news.

• +2 1

Improve online skills and get more information about online earning https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

In additional, do not attemp to click those suspicious links appear on telegrams or via personal messages because it can possibly a phishing links. Do research to have a knowledge to prevent of losing crypto.

On 12/23/2019 at 8:04 PM, Digicoin said:

Except if using little amounts, in which cases keys may be created in a hot wallet but otherwise offline wallet it better and the safest.

This helps to protect against the loss of your bitcoin due to hard drive failure.

This helps prevent the physical theft of your funds in the event that your device or hardware wallet is stolen. 

These are just the basic things that the people especially the beginners should take note of. It is important that you understand it fully to avoid being scammed by fraudsters. 

Thanks for the useful post. in addition i will say that funds should be stored in different wallets. as all amount stored in one hot wallet could be dangerous.

19 hours ago, SuperCrypto said:

Do not keep the private key in digital form or connected computer! Always write with paper and pen (the most important thing is to ensure that the letters are not damaged or disappeared. Add a cover to protect the paper and hide it in safe places).

no i think ti would be easier to lose if it was on actual paper because we always lose things in daily life but i would keep it in a memo on my phone or a text document on my laptop.

Thank you for this tips to avoid thefts, this kind of stuffs will really help the newbies in crypto. i really appreciated this topic, thank you mate.

The main threat to the storage of personal data is viruses. You cannot download programs from unverified sources. modern hackers are great masters.

Must check every thing about the project before doing any investment. for facing the loss.

There are many scammers in this market they are always waiting for the users. Must be aware from this scammers.

And can't give any information about your account to these scammers

• +1 1

6 hours ago, Naga said:

no i think ti would be easier to lose if it was on actual paper because we always lose things in daily life but i would keep it in a memo on my phone or a text document on my laptop.

The paper version is an additional copy that I use for fear of losing the phone or the laptop crashing. This precautionary measure is necessary to protect important information from damage or loss.

when Generate you private key save it or write it on diary .do not share you private key with any other person.Do not put your private key in any airdrop forum.

On 12/23/2019 at 1:04 PM, Digicoin said:

In order to be free from theft, scam you as a person need to maintain high level of privacy in sharing your information on any sites or platforms that you think is not save, and never you act in desperation because of money. 

don't click on spam links and don't download any unknown software use only popular exchanges or wallet for secure your fund

The best way of avoid scamming you must be careful about your transaction. don't send your money anyone to before knowing them. when we send money we can't get back. So we have to be very careful.

21 hours ago, mani982 said:

when Generate you private key save it or write it on diary .do not share you private key with any other person.Do not put your private key in any airdrop forum.

who asks for private key in an airdrop? and who even falls for such obvious scam tho? i think most newbies nowadays are aware of scams in crypto and they do all things to avoid it.

1 minute ago, Naga said:

who asks for private key in an airdrop? and who even falls for such obvious scam tho? i think most newbies nowadays are aware of scams in crypto and they do all things to avoid it.

there are some fake and pishing site and forum they ask private key they tell that we check your coins and according to your coin we send you new airdrop coin .but new trader do not know using public key we can see all the coin in wallet .in 2019 people are well educated about crypto and about scams.

• +2 1

I have done these three things when I first received payment for the bounty job, making my mind more calm because the security of my wallet became more secure.

There are lot of way you can avoid scammers,Spot imposters. Scammers often pretend to be someone you trust, like a government official, a family member, a charity, or a company you do business with. Don’t send money or give out personal information in response to an unexpected request — whether it comes as a text, a phone call, or an email.  
Do online searches. Type a company or product name into your favorite search engine with words like “review,” “complaint” or “scam.” Or search for a phrase that describes your situation, like “IRS call.” You can even search for phone numbers to see if other people have reported them as scams.
Don’t believe your caller ID. Technology makes it easy for scammers to fake caller ID information, so the name and number you see aren’t always real. If someone calls asking for money or personal information, hang up. If you think the caller might be telling the truth, call back to a number you know is genuine.
Don’t pay upfront for a promise. Someone might ask you to pay in advance for things like debt relief, credit and loan offers, mortgage assistance, or a job. They might even say you’ve won a prize, but first you have to pay taxes or fees. If you do, they will probably take the money and disappear.

• +2 1

I think it is a wallet that works without the Internet is the best and most protected wallet, but any disregard for you and wasting keys means that you have lost everything

THINK POSITIVE

Thanks for sharing this useful information as a beginner you should know how to save your funds using 2fa in exchanges wallets is very important and keeping your private keys at safe and secure place is must

I think everyone need backup their private wallet. So when the wallet is have a problem like your computer get infected by virus, that is will hard to open the wallet because maybe also get infected.

So with backup the private key can help you use wallet in another computer. Also please encrypt the wallet because that is important to secure your wallet from bad person who just enter your wallet.

• +1 1

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

I think that in order to get rid of the thieves and the kind of people who are cheating in our online world, we must first have the relevant knowledge so that we are not deceived because if we are not wise then we are the hands of the cheatersI think that we must first gain knowledge of how they deceive us in this case.I can take action against them according to their actions

On 12/27/2019 at 10:34 PM, wilbertson said:

You can do that by staying positive alert and smart, but do not play too smart as you could miss some opportunities coming your way.

I think acting to smart s bad idea, as i lost access to one of my wallet for been too smart and eventually blocked myself from my own account.