Masternode Mining vs POW Mining - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
DIY Tube Video

Masternode Mining vs POW Mining

What is better - POS Masternode mining or POW mining? What is your favorite and your experience?

I love mining and have many mining rigs at home. During the peak of crypto, I was paying the bills entirely from my POW mining profits. But those days are gone for now.

I still mine a little bit with my rigs, but mostly to get new coins and hold them.

Recently I am getting more into Masternode POS mining. The costs are much lower once you stake your coins. Your only ongoing costs for a Masternode are the server fees. And you can run multiple coins on a single server, reducing costs.

Get paid for video views and writing comments! DIY Tube Video Community

DIYT Coins - The Video Sharing Cryptocurrency

Run A Masternode - Huge ROI: Buy DIYT Coins

Masternode Mining Pool & Rentals - Get FREE Credit When You Join: HERE

There is some advantage in every mining method.

Currently some my mining is using POS method, that is simple i just hold my coin and my coin like going call their friend to come. But what i don't like some coin is using fixed reward, that is maybe hard to match their price with their reward.

POW i see have advantage in the reward, i use pool, sometimes we get big reward, sometimes not. The problem is need so many cost in hardware. Now i just hold my coin what i get from POW. My coin get from POS is going to cover cost from POW.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

I would rather stick with PoW because of the zero investment needed to start mining a coin - just change your miner config and you are good to go.

Edited by geezer

4 hours ago, geezer said:

I would rather stick with PoW because of the zero investment needed to start mining a coin - just change your miner config and you are good to go.

Well, you still have the cost of mining equipment and the electricity to run them. I am working on solar powered mining myself but that will take time to build up. Winter is here and killed my work on that for the season.

7 hours ago, DIY Tube Video said:

you still have the cost of mining equipment and the electricity to run them

The cost of equipment has largely been returned. It is not so risky compared to buying a lot of coins which can lose their value completely. Electricity costs are not very big and the heat helps to keep home warm (central heating is used 7/12 months).

7 hours ago, DIY Tube Video said:

I am working on solar powered

Is it cheaper than the power from "normal" providers? It must be very expensive thus making PoW unprofitable.

28 minutes ago, geezer said:

The cost of equipment has largely been returned. It is not so risky compared to buying a lot of coins which can lose their value completely. Electricity costs are not very big and the heat helps to keep home warm (central heating is used 7/12 months).

Is it cheaper than the power from "normal" providers? It must be very expensive thus making PoW unprofitable.

Very good points.

I build my own solar power systems using second hand solar panels so its very cheap. My main solar power system has paid for itself many years ago in energy savings. Now I am just adding on to it.

11 minutes ago, DIY Tube Video said:

I build my own solar power systems using second hand solar panels so its very cheap

This is very clever. Solar power must be quite popular in your area, so there is a market for it including used equipment.

12 hours ago, geezer said:

This is very clever. Solar power must be quite popular in your area, so there is a market for it including used equipment.

I am in Michigan, not the best place for solar power at all. But there is a huge used solar panel market in the US so we can get good prices. Here in Michigan, we have good days and bad days.

9 hours ago, DIY Tube Video said:

I am in Michigan, not the best place for solar power at all

I agree, not the best possible. You even got quite proper winter there :) Michigan's latitude is close to one of the place I live, so I can say that there is a lot of sunny time in summer.

9 hours ago, Man said:

I really do not understand these two mines. After I read the explanation of @OP, the one using the home RIG is POW mining. Why did I only know this kind of thing. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, POW mining is running a computer (mining rig) at home using powerful graphics cards.

Masternode mining POS is run on a server, can be in the cloud, and you have to buy coins and stake them in your wallet to mine.

Both have up front costs to get started. Either hardware for POW or coins for POS.

1 hour ago, geezer said:

I agree, not the best possible. You even got quite proper winter there 🙂 Michigan's latitude is close to one of the place I live, so I can say that there is a lot of sunny time in summer.

Yes its full blown winter here now.

In summer I can run my mining rigs for about 6 to 10 hours a day depending on the height of the sun in the sky. Its not perfect but its free cryptocurrency once your panels and mining rigs are paid for.

In winter there is the advantage of the snow reflecting the sun onto the solar panels. And the solar panels perform better when colder. But we dont get much sun in winter.

• Useful or interesting 1

2 hours ago, DIY Tube Video said:

In summer I can run my mining rigs for about 6 to 10 hours a day depending on the height of the sun in the sky.

How powerful is your solar powerplant? I mean kilowatts :) It must be really big to power mining rigs.

2 hours ago, DIY Tube Video said:

In winter there is the advantage of the snow reflecting the sun onto the solar panels. And the solar panels perform better when colder.

Yes, I had read about it.

I’m only for real mining, pos is the worst thing you could think of, just a tool for speculation, in any case, think if the coin is scam who will win the pos or pow?

7 hours ago, hmind said:

I prefer POW over masternode.  Why, all because the time and the amount of capital needed is easier for POW for me even though it's not profitable.  At least I can get daily results.

The only thing that burnt me badly with POW is when the electric company billed us "service fees" which doubled our monthly cost when I had 12 mining rigs running. This is not normal though and will likely not happen to most people.

But yes, the mining equipment is yours to keep no matter what. Its the main point of an article I wrote on this forum about "investing" in cryptocurrency through mining rather than directly buying. In the end, you always have your equipment left over.

3 hours ago, OBEH 117 said:

I’m only for real mining, pos is the worst thing you could think of, just a tool for speculation, in any case, think if the coin is scam who will win the pos or pow?

I like both. Actually POS is becoming the way of the future due to the extreme cost of electricity required to run a popular blockchain like BTC and its affect on the environment. Many blockchains are moving to POS for in order to reduce their footprint.

But yes, if you get burnt on a POS coin, you have lost out fully. The advantage though is the reduce cost once you are up and running.

Our partner company Cryptocurrency Ocean allows you to get started in Masternode mining with very little start up costs. Check it out, the link is on my signature.

I think that POS mining is better, because when you have masternode, it always must be turned on, so you need to buy additional server for it. Also entry treshold in pos mining is lower 

Some mining are using pow mining process. this process is very much easy to me and profitable. ido this type of mining and I am getting my reward easily.

Why run masternodes when you can simply use yobit's investbox and earn 1-3% per day easy by just holding and without the need to setup a server or anything like that?

I understand you own  a masternode coin but those seem to be things of the past. Maybe consider listing on yobit and the investbox feature. Coins like WOW snd MICRO have been making a killing.

28 minutes ago, jmigdlc99 said:

Why run masternodes when you can simply use yobit's investbox and earn 1-3% per day easy by just holding and without the need to setup a server or anything like that?

I understand you own  a masternode coin but those seem to be things of the past. Maybe consider listing on yobit and the investbox feature. Coins like WOW snd MICRO have been making a killing.

Yes this possibility Yobit offers is relatively new and I think people are more  confidence in Yobit now more than they used to, so there is the likelihood that more people would likely embrace the opportunity since  it's relatively cheaper.

POW mining consume high electricity and it is not good for environment thats why China officially banning mining. But masternode is new concept and algorithm need less energy. It is also secure than pow.

Proof of Stake looks like something that is easier to earn lots of money from because it doesn't depend on who has the most powerful mining rig to make money. Anything can happen to mining rigs, maybe they might malfunction, and that makes them useless. So Proof of Stake is what more cryptocurrencies should be using.

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

I really want to be able to harness solar power, but it doesn't work out for me. maybe I will choose to exploit POS for the next one.

My best important solar technology product has been covered a while back when saving electricity prices.

Both methods have advantages and disadvantages, but I find that swimming pool mining is a way for beginners to enter the field of mining and profits are less and for this reason I prefer mining that depends on computer processors, graphics cards and famous miners

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 12/6/2019 at 7:45 PM, DIY Tube Video said:

What is better - POS Masternode mining or POW mining?

There is no comparison possible, Masternode is the most remunerative. I suggest you to run an Energi (NRG) node if you can (47% per year). I join a good article about masternode and VPs:

https://medium.com/@CaveSpectre/multiple-masternodes-one-coin-one-vps-a72832ad5f0e

Free $0.50 daily paid in Crypto -Here-
Free crypto and fresh news daily -Here-

2 days to profit -Here-

My favorite mining pool right now it's binance mining  pool they open the mining in last few days and it's really profitable and secure without any scam ,you should try it