Cryptojacking - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Agios

Cryptojacking

Insert malware to mine crypto by using other people's devices by connecting multiple processors to increase computing power. This malware is often inserted into computers, laptops and smartphones, without the knowledge of having these devices. Malware that is often used is XMRig, CoinHive, and CoinMiner. Has long been found malware to mine the Bug Smasher Game on Google Play, Are there other applications that have been inserted cryptojacking? and how to avoid cryptojacking?

• Useful or interesting 5
  • +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +3 3

Thanks for your informations, the most thing I afraid of is this kind of malwares which the are in your laptop without know them, if we are in crypto world we should check our pc's to avoid such things 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

Smartphone characteristics are indicated to be attacked by malwere, that is, smartphones usually heat up quickly, slowly, and quickly run out of battery power. if on a computer device I don't really understand, but one of them is the computer running slowly. The cryptojacking malware is difficult to detect, but it can be understood by the characteristics I mentioned.

• +3 1

I faced such programs that used the power of my device to mine it and get profits from my device and that made my device heavy and that made me look at it and found that the reason is the addition I installed
It became as good as it was after I got rid of it and deleted it

• +4 1

Life is great and enjoy it

6 hours ago, Bitcrypto said:

Smartphone characteristics are indicated to be attacked by malwere, that is, smartphones usually heat up quickly, slowly, and quickly run out of battery power. if on a computer device I don't really understand, but one of them is the computer running slowly. The cryptojacking malware is difficult to detect, but it can be understood by the characteristics I mentioned.

Thanks for the information, because we don't know that malware is stored on our device, by knowing the symptoms that are stored on our device. so we can fix it soon.

This malware won't install itself in your device, it needs your actions first. The malware apps always use a big companies name to trick the victims. So you will believe that fake apps and you will install it on your device. Always choose some apps and wallets carefully. Always download and install the apps from their official website. Also don't ever click any link that seems fishy on your email.

Just try malwarbytes if your computer infected by some malwares and always update the apps. 

Edited by I-KUN
  • +1 1
  • +3 2

That malware is easy identified.

First if your computer get infected by them, you can see in task manager, what program is draining your RAM, CPU and GPU. If the program unknown, you think never install and that program is not your system itself. Just uninstall ASAP! If can't uninstall just going force uninstall, you can delete the folder contain that program, cleaning with antivirus, and use safe mode to deep uninstall.

In smartphone, specific Android. You can find what apk taking so much resources, like RAM, CPU and GPU. Uninstall it.

• +3 1

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

I think these software are inserted on many top websites ass well as computer software we use everyday, These programs should be cracked and exposed of any malware inserted, that's why we need hackers.

i dont know any other apps but i have read about this and the thing is its totally legal because they do this after you hit i agree on a website so even if you want to sue them you cant.

• +3 1

14 hours ago, I-KUN said:

This malware won't install itself in your device, it needs your actions first. The malware apps always use a big companies name to trick the victims. So you will believe that fake apps and you will install it on your device. Always choose some apps and wallets carefully. Always download and install the apps from their official website. Also don't ever click any link that seems fishy on your email.

Just try malwarbytes if your computer infected by some malwares and always update the apps. 

This always happens because people don't read what they hit I AGREE on they just do it and hackers know this fact and they take advantage of it because I have read that they make lots of money from this little scheme that you might not be aware you're being apart of.

• +4 1

2 minutes ago, Naga said:

This always happens because people don't read what they hit I AGREE on they just do it and hackers know this fact and they take advantage of it because I have read that they make lots of money from this little scheme that you might not be aware you're being apart of.

yeah, you're right. there are a lot of website that contain some malwares. and people ignore and didn't read the warning from browser. i.e there always pop up on browser that warn you to allow or block the third party from that website. most of people always click "allow" that will allow the browser to install third party app/add-ons that contain malware from that website. we should be careful when browsing some website.

• +3 1

I have never heard of this. about the malware that people use on their computers I've seen it. maybe this is all I can say, I apologize if there are mistakes.

6 hours ago, Hanhassie said:

To avoid crypto jacking don't install an application you don't trust, there are anti virus that detect crypto malware's you can use them to

Yea there are antivirus that can help stop this and even detect online threat but those antivirus are not for free and even the cracked version would not work the same and people usually don't buy them.

• +2 1

2 minutes ago, Naga said:

Yea there are antivirus that can help stop this and even detect online threat but those antivirus are not for free and even the cracked version would not work the same and people usually don't buy them.

yaps, if you install some antivirus, it will ask you to install their internet security service. i suggest you to install it. it's very useful. if you open some malicious website accidently, they will get you out from that dangerous website automatically.

• +3 1

8 minutes ago, I-KUN said:

yaps, if you install some antivirus, it will ask you to install their internet security service. i suggest you to install it. it's very useful. if you open some malicious website accidently, they will get you out from that dangerous website automatically.

Yes I have been using avera  antivirus since 2015 and it has helped me a lot and I have heard about times.when hackers hacked the computer of someone who has avira antivirus and the company paid him foe the damage.  Thats why its good to buy antivirus. 

• +2 1
  • +3 1

20 minutes ago, Superred said:

I heard this before too but luckly i never being an the victim of it and never want it too and people says if our PC infected this malware then usually our PC will always be over heat everytime we operated it

Yeah, if your computer infected with malware and adware, your CPU usage will always at 100% and will make your PC overheat. If you use windows 10 on your pc, Make sure you didn't turned off the windows defender. It's very effective to scan some malware in your PC.

• +3 1

17 minutes ago, ColdEye101 said:

These two method i know only to protect our self from this kind of attack The 1st is the easy way but not very good; you have to disable Java script of computer. This will completely stops the issue, but it also stops a lot of functions of the web.For we Java is in everything.The 2nd method is you have to double check every tabs and software from task manager to verifies if any of your tabs or browsers are using more than the normal amount of RAM. If they are using then immediately close it .

If I disable Java script then I can't access the sites that need java script. Maybe I better check the browser first, is there more burden on RAM usage. Thank you for your advice.

• +3 1

On 11/30/2019 at 12:08 PM, Migo said:

Thanks for your informations, the most thing I afraid of is this kind of malwares which the are in your laptop without know them, if we are in crypto world we should check our pc's to avoid such things 

yes, malware will be the most frightening virus as it did 5 years ago, attacking computers and stealing existing files. it's like a form of extortion because the malware spreader asks for money instead of replacing the file. if anyone can stop it and be anticipated, this will be good.

• +3 1

No need to buy and install applications on the phone and especially on the laptop. When downloading a product, the software is infected. 

Cryptomining, cryptocurrency mining, or simply cryptojacking, is a new name for software and software components which are designed to take over the resources of the computer, and which are used for crypto-monetary mining without the express consent of a user.

• +3 1

Yeah, I'm aware that these things exist though I'm not sure how to avoid getting one installed on my computer.  I think my anti-virus software can pick them up and I've never run into one, thankfully.  These hackers and scammers are very clever. 

I would think that the best way to avoid getting your computer infected would be to watch what you download and what sites you visit.  That should help you not get any malware installed.

2 hours ago, jaromz said:

I am not quite familiar with it. In short, I had no ideas what it was, the only things I used for antivirus protection was only kaspersky I know most of the community are also using this one too. 

if you are still using kaspersky it means you are still on windows 7 or even XP, you need to update your system man because hackers are easily hacking windows xp and 7.

• +2 1

I don't know if there is another crypto jacking because I don't use any apps like the OP mention. How to avoid crypto jacking is by stay away from any suspicious links that you don't know and don't click on that link before you are sure that the link is safe. Besides that, you don't need to install any new installer available on the site you browse, and you need to activate an anti virus that you like and always scan your computer, laptop, or mobile phones. 

• +4 1

To avoid crypto jacking all you have to do was that. You should be able to stop downloading unprotected apps from the play store

I dont know what  was that but i am confident that my data are secured.but thanks for the advice buddy i will be make more another security on my computer and for my data.thank you buddy

• +3 1