Ethereum network is not secure! - Page 10 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
faceless

Ethereum network is not secure!

On April 30, 2016, the DAO, a decentralized and automated venture capital fund, was launched on Ethereum. Less than two months later, it was hacked and more than $ 60 million worth of ether disappeared in an instant.
The potential of new blockchain technology like Ethereum doesn't count for much if it comes at the expense of security. Incidents like the DAO invite the question: how secure is the new decentralized supercomputer that is Ethereum?

I fully agree with the author of the topic.
I believe that with the full release of Defi to the market, Ether will be illiquid due to its poor security

• Useful or interesting 1

ETH is after BTC currently 2nd biggest crypto on CMC, but every crypto have some problems as the crypto field is still evolving thus any DEV must react to any issues very quickly from the long term perspective in order to maintain the trust of the community in order of future growth of the network

Its the exchange that got hacked and you blame the eth network for it? There has also been many stolen XEM coins almost 40 million worth of coins were stollen but that doesn't there is a problem with the coin its the exchange to be blame.

How could you say that it is not secure? you have not used it. there is no news regarding any kind of hack regarding the network of therium, so it is not possible to do so too, it is secure.

2 hours ago, Enola Holms said:

How could you say that it is not secure? you have not used it. there is no news regarding any kind of hack regarding the network of therium, so it is not possible to do so too, it is secure.

Based on many hackers been targeting hacking of ethereum, i think it is reasonable to say that ethereum network might not be secure.

Perhaps you're talking about Ethereum Classic blockchain - it was subject to 51% attacks a number of times. But the current ETH is different and has nothing to do with the old blockchain. On the other side if you talk about exchange websites - they are like banks - if someone breaks into and robs a bank this doesn't mean that the money stored in the bank are to blame but the security of bank itself - the same is with the exchange websites.

15 hours ago, Hasnat said:

Ethereum network is very secure, those exchanges are not they didn't put strong protection methods in place to handle hacker properly but Ethereum uses strong cryptographic and have a huge network power that is almost as strong as bitcoin.

I agree with you mate, Ethereum itself is more secure than you might think, but using a decentralized app or exchange that hasn't be properly secured could leave you and your Ethereumer compromised

Stealing ether from exchanges does not mean hacking the Ethereum network, these exchanges have been hacked and Ethereum stolen from them, but that does not mean that the Ethereum network is not safe. If the hackers were able to carry out a 51% attack on the Ethereum network, then it can be said that the network is not safe. Hacking exchanges and stealing coins from it is another matter different.
However, the Ethereum network suffers from some problems such as delays and high fees, and these problems are expected to be resolved with the launch of Ethereum 2.0.

23 minutes ago, jackycrypto485 said:

Stealing ether from exchanges does not mean hacking the Ethereum network, these exchanges have been hacked and Ethereum stolen from them, but that does not mean that the Ethereum network is not safe. If the hackers were able to carry out a 51% attack on the Ethereum network, then it can be said that the network is not safe. Hacking exchanges and stealing coins from it is another matter different.
However, the Ethereum network suffers from some problems such as delays and high fees, and these problems are expected to be resolved with the launch of Ethereum 2.0.

I agree with you friend as I said earlier that Ethereum is protected by cryptography which enables them not to be hacked or tracked by any one so the main problem is normally caused in exchange platforms as you said.

• +1 2

Ethereum network is secure, even their blockchain is very secure, after bitcoin, ethereum is the next in term of secure network. It can not be affected by hackers in any way. We should not be afraid of this because it has been secure from the onset of ethereum. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

I am very sure Ethereum is hundred 💯 secure as a coin, the issue is from the exchange I think. I think you should go and carryout deep research and find out the truth. 

• +3 1

I believe the problem isn't from Ethereum because  All the list mentioned on your topic are basically exchange platforms Ethereum is a secure crypto currency just like btc and other top brands of cryptocurrencies. 

I think some times we are not able to separate between the things meaning. In this case Ethereum or Bitcoin...etc safe is not depend about them, is depend about who managed them. So all cryptocurrency are coins they don't nothing about their protection or benefit..etc who convert them to safe or profitable are us human.

:classic_rolleyes:

🤍

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

You only saw ethereum hacked in only two exchanges but bitcoin are mostly hacked with so many exchanges if you don't know and many hackers are looking after bitcoin. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

On 11/8/2020 at 11:57 AM, scofield64 said:

I am very sure Ethereum is hundred 💯 secure as a coin, the issue is from the exchange I think. I think you should go and carryout deep research and find out the truth. 

I'm with you but if the coin is mostly been targeted then it is gotta be something related with the security of the coin itself, but like you said research must be done to verify it.

• +2 1

I think the network is much secure now. Eth was hacked a few times as i researched from Google. I don't know whether they are true. But i have been with eth from a long time. I have also invested some amount in eth also. Thats just fine and fast also.it is that eth is now trusted because many famous persons also invest in eth. So i hope eth network will never be hacked anymore.

Until now i still believe blockchain is the secure network. Ethereum also based blockchain to process transaction. No one can edit the blockchain, all process is automated and validated by mining. So your statement is wrong, i think the problem is by exchanges. Many exchanges get hacked because they don't fast detecting the hole in their system. Also maybe that is also the way exchanges going scam.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

On 11/14/2020 at 4:37 PM, guatazoo said:

You only saw ethereum hacked in only two exchanges but bitcoin are mostly hacked with so many exchanges if you don't know and many hackers are looking after bitcoin. 

I think ethereum has mostly biggest hacked in history than bitcoin, because it has $64 million and $55 million hack while bitcoin biggest hacking was on binance when $40 millions was stolen.

Trade on Binance future trading, spot trading, cross margin, P2P and fiat trading, also earn up to 40% referral commission, Direct Link

On 11/27/2019 at 11:33 PM, faceless said:

I think that Ether is not secure, I did not do much research just noticed after these two incidences stated below.

• Ether hack on cryptopia exchange
  • Ether hack on Upbit exchange

@faceless I don't think Ethereum has anything to do with security issues of these exchanges, as they are hacked, and the exchanges lost their funds. Ethereum is another cryptocurrency platform just like bitcoin, and they are the most secure and powered by their own blockchain and has greater security. If exchanges are hacked, then there's really nothing to say for security issues of Ethereum, because that's a completely different platform.

• +1 1

On 27/11/2019 at 13:48, faceless said:

Creo que Ether no es seguro, no investigué mucho, solo lo noté después de estas dos incidencias que se indican a continuación.

• Ether hack en el intercambio de criptopia
  • Ether hack en Upbit Exchange

Unfortunately there are many things that have happened, but I still do not consider it an unsecured network, I use it very frequently, and with respect to the events that occurred in the same way I consider it very manageable and extremely useful, which has led it to be so popular with users.

Ethereum network should be the strongest altcoin blockchain while bitcoin is the strongest. Ethereum network is perfect without no defect. It works good and perfect, that is why many projects use its blockchain to create their coin. 

My dear what you are saying is that the blockchain of Ethereum is not secure because the exchanges had been hacked. This is not the same. The exchanges are a third party that offer trader and it is not anything that runs on the blockchain. They are programs built outside of the Ethereum.

You have 100% misunderstanding  about exchange hacking. Cryptopia hacking isn't associated  with the Ethereum  network. Ethereum  blockchain is recognized  as the safest blockchain network & I can't believe it is hacked.