Ethereum network is not secure! - Page 11 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
faceless

Ethereum network is not secure!

This is not the fault of Ethereum that the echanges were hacked. These exchanges were not secure, it was not the problem of security coming from ethereum. Also many hacks are done from the inside so makes some exchanges look more bad.

• +2 1

Ethereum has had it share security scares but despite the  setback the network has been able to grow many new network most especially the centralized  ones, continue to have security issues Or are not security proven.

The Ethereum network is totally secure and never had been attacked. You are talking about attacks in exchanges. This is like getting attacked and someone taking control of your computer, would this mean that Ethereum is not saved if someone finds your private keys stored somewhere in your computer?

• +2 1

On 11/27/2019 at 7:48 PM, faceless said:

I think that Ether is not secure, I did not do much research just noticed after these two incidences stated below.

You are probably trolling as the incidents you describe are about Upbit and Cryptopia exchanges that were hacked because of their security, it wasn't Ethereum that got hacked. Very dangerous reasoning you have here.

• +1 1

The Ethereum network is the second most secure behind Bitcoin. You really need to understand what Ethereum is as you seem to think mistakes of others will not matter because Ethereum is secure. The mistakes are always paid and weak security of your system won't help you by thinking something is secure.

• +3 1

The hacks that happen on services like exchanges or any website are not hacks on the Ethereum blockchain or any blockchain. I had similar things in my mind about the hack of mtgox and didn't know that Bitcoin wasn't an autonomous and independent mechanism from anything else. Don't worry about it you will learn with time.

• +1 1

Ethereum is very secure network and has a hashrate that will be difficult to 51% attack. The hacks in exchanges that happen frequently are a breach of their networks, not the blockchain of course so it is something that doesn't mean that Ethereum or Bitcoin are less secure.

• +2 1

On 11/22/2020 at 10:01 AM, GanBin said:

Ethereum network should be the strongest altcoin blockchain while bitcoin is the strongest. Ethereum network is perfect without no defect. It works good and perfect, that is why many projects use its blockchain to create their coin. 

Just because bitcoin was created first does not mean that it has the strongest security, on contrary for it to be too old might be the more reason to have a weak security.

• +1 1

We hear a lot of problems with the Ethereum network. Exchanges may have security problems. The etherum network needs to become more secure.

I am not very sure about this. I think there is some mistake on what this person thinks is not safe. In my opinion some exchanges were not very safe and looked having bad security but I definitely trust Yobit exchange because of the highest security it brings in the cryptocurrency world for many years.

• Useful or interesting 1

These Assumptions that the Ethereum network is not secure is not through unless there's a fact to back these claim up, I think we should decist from instant condemnations of a big projects like Ethereum 

I do not think so. Ethereum is really enough secure. You can buy it without any doubt. I think you lost your coin because of you are not careful about your accounts. You should keep safe and secret your exchange account. Otherwise you will loss your coins.

14 hours ago, rockmiss said:

Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin said that after switching to Proof-of-Stake (PoS), the Ethereum network will become more secure than the Bitcoin blockchain, and the cost of the attack is too high.
“What if we run into hackers who just want to see the world burn? Such an attack could be carried out by any government or hackers who just want to have fun. Critics usually say that hackers have economic motives. What if there are people who just want to break something, regardless of the profit? ”He said.

Yes the Ethereum network prior to the upgrade was not as secured as the bitcoin network, but with the update at hand I think the security of the network would now be more secured and highly efficient 

Indeed something like this happens but in my opinion ethereum network is not that bad like you think it is. Its safe in my opinion.

I thin ETH is secure and it took second place from a long time, I have been entered crypto world since past 3 years, and yet ethereum is still stayed its position and become the top and popular crypto coin in the world.

If the ethereum network wasn't secure, thats means the ethereum wallets also would be getting hacked mostlybof the time, so thats maybe hackers they are targeting those ethereum because they mostly used in transactions. 

• +2 1

On 12/19/2020 at 9:18 PM, Hamza-Roshan said:

Ethereum network is secured than the other networks. But some times the hackers hack some data of the users and steal the Ethereum from their wallets. We should always use the secure internet connections and the main thing is that it should be trusted. The metamask is used to make the Ethereum more secure network.

It is very hard for hacker to still someone wallet privacy if doesn't stored anywhere, and for this reason is making them only to be targeting the transactions which not confirmed yet, so that they can change the recipient address before the really recipient doesn't get at least 1 confirmation.

• +2 1

Trade on Binance future trading, spot trading, cross margin, P2P and fiat trading, also earn up to 40% referral commission, Direct Link

Exchanges have no connection to the coin's network and their security, those coins were stolen due to lack of sereneness of those exhales.

Dont be so fast to blame the ETH blockchain or network. ETH has had problems in the past but as far as I know, they fixed any security flaw yrs ago. In regards to peoples wallets being hacked, many times it was because their computer was hacked. Or they downloaded a false Windows update for their computer. Thats how they got their wallets hacked. It wasnt about the security of ETH.

What many people dont know is that all versions of Windows, starting with XP, saves a copy of every password that you ever write, on your Windows machine. Even when you tell Windows not to save the password. Its a hidden folder buried deep within the OS. I have a old CD somewhere in my house, that will automatically pull up all passwords ever written on any given machine. Even thou Im not Micro Soft certified, I know Windows OS pretty good. Im self taught. I used to charge people to recover any lost passwords. Dont believe me ?¿?¿ Google it & you will see.

Earn Free Bit-Coins. Every hour you can win up to $200 USD in BTC.

https://freebitco.in/?r=41529082

1100388917_FreeBitco_in3.png.3817f1e8269d8e972cacf1276f358331.png

All the coins in the crypto world can be hacked.  But if you keep your coins safe, your money will be safe.  But ethereum was previously hacked for 60 million.  They know very well what kind of security system they have.  However, they have now introduced a good security system.  So you can now safely use these coins.

I don't think that Etherium is the one that does have a problem here. It seems like that the security of the exchanges are the ones that aren't secured. Ethereum network is really hard to bypass, so this is most likely to be the exchanges fault and not Ethetreum.

This is back then but however everything changed after these 2 incidents as they had to do something inorder to keep business well and after all they wouldn't want people getting their work getting into just shatters

and worse back from square one.

On 12/26/2020 at 5:10 AM, freddyge said:

As is known, there is no 100% security, perhaps the ethereum cryptocurrency has some errors that were causes of the entry of some computer hackers, but it is still a very reliable currency.

Well I believe that there is an explanations to why Hackers mostly targets Ethereum or it's ERC-20 tokens in their hacks, but in the meantime, we must be cautious and we can not say it is a reliable coin, when comes to security and it's vulnerabilities.

ETH is safe, the problem is that these exchanges leave gaps that hackers take advantage of to attack and steal funds, as happened with ETHC, the currency is safe and its network is safe, but the pools are disgusting, they have flaws in security everywhere and the miners that are often used are somewhat outdated.

In this case, in my opinion, the main flaw is in the exchange security system, if the Ethereum system is in trouble, then the hacker should be able to take the ETH and tokens in all the crypto exchanges. 

• +3 1