Which one is more risky? Short term or Long term? - Page 16 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
rakib7970

Which one is more risky? Short term or Long term?

On 10/9/2020 at 7:10 PM, nguyendu1997 said:

In my opinion, depending on the movements of the market, order. If there are many buy orders, the market is uptrend. If there are many sell orders, it means the market is in downtrend. In general there are many definitions and terms for choosing Long or Short.

Most of the time, long term offers a safer trade with lower risks but it depends on the experience and background of any trader. Short term can be less risky for a professional trader than long term for a novice trader! There are cases in which traders have lost money in long term holding which is really disappointing. Regardless of which one you choose, you have to stay alert and never stop monitoring your assets. It is wrong to believe long term means buying and sleeping for profit! Even long term holders should be ready to take action at any time.

According to me, investing in a short time of period is more risky than a long period. When you buy a coin, its price could fall right after. But if you wait the price will recover. This is how it works.

For me, the riskiest thing is to buy or sell in the long term because nobody knows what tomorrow will happen, so I buy and sell in the short term and I obtain secure profits .

You can do short term trading. If you want to make more money, you can invest or spend money on business. So that you can make a lot of money later.

On 10/15/2020 at 6:12 PM, gbfisher said:

Short term or long term trading both are risky but short term is too risky because sometimes coins price fall down instead of rises, so many peoples lose their money, 

@gbfisher in one words, trading  is risky plus profitable as you said.. But famous trader always run into a proper planning like we will see in 2024  bitcoin halving will held so during the halving the price will down but after that Price increase.. So if a trader want to do trading for long term with this kind of planing and having huge capital then he can have huge profit..           

I think long term is best wat to earn because when people trade shot term trade they sell coins because of fomo.

Short-term trading is risky because the market is inherently volatile, so long-term trading is more secure and better, but also choosing a currency plays a big role in the success of long trading if it is one of the leading currencies.

I agree that short term trading can be riskier compared to long term investment. That is why 95 % of people doing trading end up losing money. When it comes to highly volatile markets, such cryptocurrencies, short term trading can lead to a significant loses as price can move dramatically in a relatively short period of time, making more difficult to trade this assets. In comparison, long term investment is more related to knowing well the fundaments of a project and projecting one's investment within a larger time frame.

Actually, between long-term or short-term trading does not have a big risk as long as we buy the right coins. Buying bitcoin for long-term trading is the right choice, the reason is that storing bitcoins for a long time will not decrease its value whereas other coins are not necessarily durable. For short-term trading, you can use the top 10 cryptocurrencies, as short-term trades require fast profits but usually have minimal returns.

I think profit from short-term trade depends on luck. Save your money and do a long term trade. The long term is more risky than the short term. You can easily study currencies and predict their movement in the long term, we know that Bitcoin is rising every year, so if you enter now it will be higher next year.

Holding is not profitable most of the time because it's mostly decreased our asset value so I always like to trade with crypto currency because it's the most profitable now and that's why I chose short term trading

People will like to trade short term because they will think they will gain in a short time, but long will be professional than short because the price of bitcoin can be less predictable during short term, unlike long term. 

I think short time trading is more risky because in this situation you go to in loss and earn good profit from this.... But the long run period is not risky because in long run trading you earn definitely good profit from this.... In this situation no chances you go in loss....

Without a doubt, the short-term model is riskier, because it is not a sustainable model. In return, long-term models are sustainable, there is a saying that says, I get little but it is safe. Generally those investments that tell you to double your investment in a week, become scams before you can recoup at least your investment.

Short-term trading eschews the stability of long-term trading for the possibility of taking advantage of short-term price swings and involves buying and selling cryptocurrencies over the span of a day or a few hours.
If you’d rather take advantage of the characteristic volatility of cryptocurrencies by getting in and out of a trade quickly, then this method might be for you.

Scalping is the most short-term form of trading. Scalp traders only hold positions open for seconds or minutes at most. These short-lived trades target small intraday price movements. The purpose is to make lots of quick trades with smaller profit gains, but let profits accumulate throughout the day due to the sheer number of trades being executed in each trading session.

With a long strategy you can make money when the share price goes up. You first buy a stock and now you have a long position. When the share price goes up, you sell the stock at a higher price than where you bought it and you make a profit. If the share price goes down and you sell it at a lower price than where you bought it, you will have a loss.

Long-term traders buy and hold cryptocurrencies over a long period. They may hold a cryptocurrency for weeks, months or even years. Studying price trends over a long period allows long-term traders to make informed decisions and avoid suffering from short-term dips in value.
If you believe the value of a cryptocurrency will grow steadily over a long period and don’t want the stress that comes from short-term value dips, then this method might be your best choice.

I think short and long is as risky, for the most risky one would be margin trading or scalping I guess. Because those two needs you to have a lot of experiences and hundreds hours of tradings days.

Long term holding is risky than short term cause the longer the time the more unpredictable the crypto market gets you don't know what will happen so there is a greater risk, short term traders risks are much more smaller.

• +3 1

Well i think in trading it is more risky when we do trading in short term. Becausewe know how volatile the market is, and we cannot be sure if it is the right timing, there is no guarantee when a coins price will start to pump or dump unlike in long term if we see a big changes in price, we can sell it immediately if we think it is in its highest price.

• Useful or interesting 1

i think long term is better way to low risk i am choose long term becouse there is risk management in your hand but short term is high risk but high return on long term 

Most likely , short trading is more risky,since sometimes the chart starts jumping up and down and you can't do anything about it, and long is safer