Which one is more risky? Short term or Long term? - Page 18 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
rakib7970

Which one is more risky? Short term or Long term?

The short-term seems more risky, but the fluctuations in cryptocurrencies can cause you loss, sometimes long-term, so I recommend you to do a detailed review. Also, being knowledgeable makes the investment better.

Long-term investment enjoys a greater degree of safety and less risk than short-term investment, but this does not mean that long-term investment is better or worse than short-term investment, as every investor has a type that suits him, so the investor who wants quick profits with a willingness to take greater risk, will work in trading  Short-term, while the more experienced investor who desires high profits for a long-term project will make a long-term investment.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

In both there are same risk of loss amd the dump but the short term can make a lot more profit than long term trading and in that your account will grow faster.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

In my opinion If you haven't enough knowledge and experience of trading and crypto then both are very risky for you. And if you are much experienced in trading and crypto then my suggestion is long term because trading experts can analyze a coin in long term and it's easy for them to analyze a coin in long term but in short term it is very difficult.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I'm sure, that short term is more risky because you can do a lot of unprofitable operations per day (as well as profitable, of course), loose your balance and become disappointed. At the same time, long term could be more unprofitable for a long period, like 1-2-3 years, but then - you definitely get a profit

On 11/22/2019 at 1:06 PM, rakib7970 said:

I want to know that which one is more risky? Is it short term trading or Long term trading? I know trading is always risky but I want to get sure which one is more risky. It will be easier for me to take decision that how to invest and how much invest if I know that.

It all depends on the project behind the currency in which you want to operate, since this can determine its life time, therefore this will help you to know which is more risky if the short term or the long term.

I consider that long-term operations tend to be more risky, even in cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin where the upside potential is greater than in the rest of the currencies, so I prefer to do short-term operations with a large capital that allows me to buy certain amount of coins and make profit with small increases

• +3 1

It does not matter whether it is short term investment or long term one as long a you have good experience and you know what you are doing. In case you are new to the field I advise you with short term investment that is no more than two weeks long and start with famous coins, when you feel that you are doing well , then you can go for long term. 

• +2 1
  • +3 1

Trading cryptocurrency is risky especially if you don't have enough knowledge about it. Also in the long term and short term trading, they are both risky but it depends on you on how you can manage which method you will choose. Long-term and short-term are both good methods in trading just choose what is suits you for you to earn a good profit.

In my opinion  both had risks, but in my view  investing in short term is the biggest risk, because in the short terms, the market is field with quick movements  and wrong signals, but in the long term the view is better in the  market  and overall market situation can readily be seen.

If you plan to invest you go for a year or two. If you plan to buy low and sell high this is trading. Short term, long term, this is up to you. You can even make a trade inside 60 minutes and be correct to make it and profitable. Just don't make mistake to do revenge trade.

• +2 1

2 hours ago, Asif6232 said:

In  my opinion both ways are not risky.It only depends on your self that how much experience and knowledge you have on trade. If you are a successful and expert trader, it does not matter if it is a long term or  short term.

You are right, it depends on how expert someone is, but people can prefer to go for long term and gain and in a way that they do not know much about trading very well, but trading is the one that really need the expert ways of dealing with crypto, it is more risky than long term trade but experienced traders can still be able to make short term trading the best for themselves. 

On 12/11/2019 at 9:26 AM, nasipadang said:

if many people say that the risk is greater in short-time, because the fluctuations in crypto run fast and we probably make the most mistakes in short-time trades. if I myself think the risk depends on the knowledge of a trader, can long-term risk is more risky than short-time.

I agree,  the knowledge of the trader reflects if it is going to be more risky. Actually, I don't think that the period of time can tell which in short term or in long term are more risky since both are truly risky. On the other hand, trading is not that easy, you have to make a lot of effort before you decide on where are you going to invest for you to lessen the risk and avoid loss.

I think that short term we can make many mistakes. As a beginner I chose long term holding because this is how I feel about the market that it can rise a lot in some years perhaps five or ten. I will not sell unless it just goes very fast in less time.

I think it makes more sense to invest long term for coins with high market value. But the situation is different with altcoins that are not preferred much. They can turn into shitcoin within a few months.

Edited by Furkan Zengin

On 12/10/2019 at 4:04 PM, iloveyobit said:

the two are risky  if you didnt choose wisly the coin that you will be trading on, but in the short term it is more dangerous because you are subject to your feelings as the market is very volatile, so you always advise long-term investment.

@iloveyobit...right brother...Trading done depends on your experience and skills.  In order to trade, we first need to acquire knowledge.  Both short time and long time trading are risky.  But if you can predict the crypto market well, you can avoid risk.  But short time is a little more risky.

• +1 1

I will always share my experience here about cryptocurrency , now if you are looking to do short or long term trading, then it depends on your knowledge about the crypto you are holding for long term or for short term. in my opinion now both are risky , because if you trade short term in such  hype coin or if you hold a coin have no more chances to grow but pumped already. So both will get you into a big well.

I AM HELPING OTHERS ON YOUTUBE HOW TO EARN FREE MONEY

Here is TELEGRAM

Here is 🤮YOUTUBE 

The matter varies according to several things, such as the amount you want to invest in, the type of currency, and many other things. There are currencies in the short term that are less risky than the long ones, and there is the opposite, but for me I prefer to work in the long term

• +2 1

On 12/3/2020 at 1:15 PM, ibrahim halil anaç said:

Short term trading is more risky, but you have more chances of winning in short term trading than long term.

thats not necessary correct , short term trading is risky true because the market can dump at any moment and you cold lose but the long term trading is the best , its not risky because if you know how to chose the best project for the long term you will in profit 

• +1 1

13 hours ago, setifien said:

If you are investing just in btc, then both short and long term are not risky because it's a very potential coin and has a promising financial support, but for other coins you have to do a deep research of the benefits/risks ration of each one.

I think the long term in trading or investment in btc is less risky when compared to the short term, btc price has a natural tendency to appreciate after a long period of time. 

If you want to do trading i think short trading is more risky than long trading .short trading may be more risky in short it may not be pump in short time . Trading is risky all the time when you do it 

I think first of all choose the good coins for trading and then so trading on that but for me long term is better than short term trading because the movement of BTC it effects but don't be too fast and wait for your profit in the end..

I think that short-term trading will gain time, and if you know a little bit on the charts, you can profit in it with gaining time. As for the long-term, you need a large capital, even if you waste time, you will earn big money

• +1 1