Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets? - Page 9 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets?

Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets?  

583 members have voted

1. 1. Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets?

• YES
    • NO
    • I don't know

I usually keep my bitcoins in wallet until the price rise up. When the price will rise up it will be more profitable.It is beneficial to keep or hold the bitcoins in the wallet.

One of the most popular and cheapest options is to keep your Bitcoin securely in what is called a paper wallet. There are many websites that offer bitcoin wallet services. With this wallet your bitcoin address is generated and an image is created containing two QR codes: one of them is a public key which enables you to receive bitcoin, and the other is a private key, you can use the stored bitcoin and exchange it at this address. The benefit of a properly conducted paper wallet is that private keys are not stored digitally anywhere, and therefore are not subject to the risk of internet attacks or hardware failures.

I keep my Bitcoin on hardware wallets because it was very secured and has authenticators before accessing on it. Even it cost too much before having hardware wallets it was a win win situation for you.

I am always keep my cryptocurrency in crypto wallet.Wallet is most trusted to keep crypto.I am use Coinbase wallet for keeping crypto

Yes, I store my bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies on a secure e wallet. Personally, having an e wallet is very beneficial and can save you a lot of time. 

I always keep my btc to my hardware wallet. storing btc in exchange wallet is not secured. you can only store your btc which you want to trade.

I don't keep my bitcoin in exchange wallets because they has very high fee structure. In others wallets has very low fees. So i prefer to use others wallets like blockchain and coinbase for storing your bitcoin.

On 10/24/2019 at 4:18 PM, bitcoworld said:

I keep all my Coins on my Hardware wallets. If I trade I send some to an exchange and buy and altcoin for example and send him to my hardware wallet. If I want to sell to take profits I can send him back very fast and I have the control as long as he is on my HW.

Online Wallets are not more in use here since XAPO lost their Credit Card. Also, as I said I like to have control which is offered by 1% of online wallets. For noobs indeed online wallets are the best way to store since of the lack of knowledge they can lose private keys or get hacked easy.

So I can suggest Coinbase as safe haven and Binance for the Exchanges part because of their huge insurance it's pretty safe.

Same to you. I don't like to store Bitcoin on any exchange wallet or online wallet because I think it is not safe. So I like to store them on private wallet or on any hardware wallet.

On 10/24/2019 at 12:53 PM, hexwin said:

Simple question and VOTE ☝️:

Do you keep your Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets and where?

Do you think it is safe or not?

Right now I started accumulating again and I'm holding most in exchanges. Once the amount of crypto will be considerable I will probably buy a hardware wallet and store my crypto there. 

I've lost a lot of altcoins I was holding at cryptopia and I will never trust exchanges again with anything that I consider valuable enough. A hardware wallet is the best choise to hold.

Not even considering moving to browser or desktop/mobile wallets.

On 12/23/2019 at 1:38 PM, Dinesh09798 said:

I don't keep my bitcoin in exchange wallets because they has very high fee structure. In others wallets has very low fees. So i prefer to use others wallets like blockchain and coinbase for storing your bitcoin.

That is also disadvantage keeping Bitcoin in exchanges. In old times the fees Bitcoin in every exchanges is really cheap, so for transfer or withdraw is very often. But now all exchanges increase their fees for withdraw Bitcoin, i see around 0.002 BTC. That is insane if you only want withdraw around 0.001 BTC and your fees is more than your withdraw.

The best way is doing transfer in your wallet, because more cheap and instant.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

As for the matter of fact, I do not use hardware wallet right now, the last cold wallet  ever used was a paper wallet

Yes I kept my bitcoins in Yobit wallet exchanger waiting for bitcoins to increase to exchange it to ltc for a little withraw fee

Most of my coins are on ledger nano but i have some on the best exchanges too. If i leave coins on an exchange i want to make sure it has a high priority of security. 

yes i have kept many coins on wallets and also in exchanges too. but i am not holding them on every exchange. holding on only those exchanges which are trusted worldwide.

We have a live example here, you can see your post in this Forum and payment will be made to a yobit account, and yobit will be exchanged. I keep my balance on any exchange, because But if I have a further option, so for this time I can choose to transfer my balance directly to my personal wallet. 

I haven't used Exchange and Online Wallet till now but I'm trying to use it from the front and see how I can use it from here.

1 hour ago, TimCoinBit said:

I keep bitcoin on exchanges and online wallets and nothing has happened to my crypto. I do it because of conveniences.

What type of convenience is bigger than losing your money totally on an exchange

Keep it on your wallet. Do not ever store your funds in exchange because it is more accessible in hackers. Cold wallet is more secured and safe. So, I prefer to put it in any cold storage than in exchange.

⚱️Take Up TO 3500 ETH NOW⚱️

For starting You Need Only 0.08 ETH

Its a obsessive thing to keep our btc in exchanges or online wallets as we do not have much to store on ha hardware wallet also most of us can not afford it. So we have store it in wallets carefully

exchange wallet has very high fee than others wallet. If you use exchange wallet you have to pay more than $10 transaction fee for every bitcoin transaction. So i suggest you to use online wallet, no exchange wallet.

21 hours ago, TimCoinBit said:

I am using ledger Nano S. Over 80% of my cryptocurrencies are kept there but I use the remaining for trading and other things related to trading. Hardware wallets are the safest but we can not do with online wallets and exchanges.

Yes that is a safety method, you have nothing to worry all your funds are safe

For me it depends, if I have low amount of bitcoins then it is ok for me to store in online wallets, but if I have a big amount of bitcoin then I don't want to store in online wallet, I'm gonna store it in hardware wallet. 

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

yes i keep my butcoin in the exchanges and online wallet ..and those exchanges and wallets are very secured and trust worthy...if anyone want to secure wallet offline then he/she can have ledger nano wallet by online.

On 10/24/2019 at 3:28 PM, cuterthing said:

I keep my altcoins on different exchanges like Binance and yobit.You can hold your coins in investbox at yobit too.It is really good 🙂

I also keep my coins on the exchanges because now one know that which coins will make a high at any time and then we will sell our coins on that time and get the profit if we send our coins on any wallet the it will take some time to send that on any exchange for sell so thats why i like to safe that on the exchange.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day