Is Facebook's Libra dead? The future of the project - Page 8 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
cryptogcfr

Is Facebook's Libra dead? The future of the project

According to the Libra Digital Currency Management Authority, which Facebook plans to adopt, that the currency will be linked to some of the major currencies and will be supervised by global oversight bodies, to change the authority’s hope that it will help it obtain regulatory approval

Edited by SuperCrypto

4 hours ago, lovecrypto19 said:

That can't be determined right now, unless later there is good news about libra. And we don't know whether it's this year, next year or the year after.

They said that it would be released this year at the middle of, so if there is gonna be any news it should be this year.

6 hours ago, UT2001 said:

Libra seems to have a major backer in place in facebook but cannot manage to get any trust into a launch or anything set in stone related to the launch of the libra on an exchange. Unsure of this coin I am glad I do not have any.

They just got another partner on that case most of the stuffs that are talked about it seems to have been rumors.

I extremely percentage your view thinking about the enormous resources available to the facebook boss and the never-ending preference of the wealthy to get even wealthier. I suppose he is probably gonna push the undertaking forward as you rightly said.

On 4/29/2020 at 9:31 PM, King98 said:

I have proven their strengths and capabilities over the last few years and small decisions no longer affect them too much and I believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain are now the strongest in controlling the global market

Their coin is centralized and the company is centralized as well that means they need consent from the government to create that coin and we an see the government is not much friendly about it.

When having to see of how this coin of the libra has faired over the course of it's development and even that of the intervention of the SEC authority as it has setbacks on the release of the coin publicly as it has had this of the issue of user privacy which might be compromised

For me, I see that this currency is unsuccessful and will die soon, in addition to the distance of traders and investors from it because it is a stable aunt and it is not possible to achieve big profits through it.

No we can't say it's completely dead but it's like dead and there has been many objections and not approval due to which the paypal has left the project and MasterCard, ebay and soon too. As they have planned to launch in 2020 but it's never going to launch i think. You can read more about the project here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libra_(digital_currency)

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

13 hours ago, Brand1 said:

For me, I see that this currency is unsuccessful and will die soon, in addition to the distance of traders and investors from it because it is a stable aunt and it is not possible to achieve big profits through it.

They are facing so many obstacles to bring the project in contrast. I think Libra project is not dead yet but a separate team may be still working very hard to make it the most successful project in the cryptocurrency world. 

Libra was already died and l don't think that after the time it can be more successful among other currencies. None want to believe Libra, after a huge company rejected Libra. 

Yes it is now clearly visible to everyone the Facebook Libra project is dead and buried has been abandoned by all the major sponsors and has not had the approval of the sec and the American control agencies after all would have been just another stablecoin

On 4/24/2020 at 5:31 PM, Sunil kumar Behera said:

I am listening about this coin since 2 years and tell it is not launched if also it large it will not gain that much demand in the crypto world just how other altcoin gained

Yes, because it is in fact centralized, but I think that it has big hidden goals, for example collecting user data and selling it to major companies. I think that this currency will fail to come to light.

20 hours ago, Zharahu said:

I don't think Mark has enough budget to compete with them.

The libra project is not a matter of budget but more than that, regulation is also one of the reasons,
but for all the reasons we know, we don't even know whether the news we read is true or not, but for sure we know that there are always obstacles when a big company will make a big step, like TON whose project must be stopped.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +3 2

yes , I also consider facebook Libra as a dead project because their isn't any official update about this coin . on other hand libra Also lost their premium inverts like Vodafone , etc . now they're looking for good invest again , hopefully we see Libra in upcoming years .

19797726_signatutelogo.jpeg.5619939f2adcfc45c33a5e7577232a71.jpeg

This seems to be happening a fair bit now with new launches of coins where they get hyped up big time and make a lot of news but ultimately never really end up launching anything of value or anything that is close to being a top crypto coin. Looks like Libra is just another example.

• Useful or interesting 2

On 22.10.2019 at 22:27, cryptogcfr said:

During the second quarter of this year (2019), the crypto world witnessed a positive patronage which led to a big gain in the value of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies - all thanks to the announcement of an upcoming launch of digital coin by Facebook. But. it was not just the announcement that attracted the positive vibe but the reputation of business giants that joined the consortium - Mastercard, Visa, Paypal, eBay, Stripe and others. However, I read recently that those organisations have all dropped their support for the project and I'm worried and feel that the action will affect the launch of the crypto coin negatively, which indirectly may impact the blockchain and cryptocurrency economy in a bad way. I wonder if you are thinking like me or you have a different opinion. Please share what you think will happen to Libra. Do you think Facebook will still go ahead to launch it? 

https://www.coindesk.com/ebay-stripe-follow-paypal-in-quitting-facebooks-libra-project

Unfortunately the reality shows us that such projects like Libra or TON (Gram) of Pavel Durov has no future because governments are against them. When we are talking about Bitcoin for example, it has no founder that can be caught and punished. But in case of Libra it is easy to influence its founder and ti make any restrictions they want to. Mark Zuckerberg has nothing else but to obey otherwise he can lose everything...

• +2 1

Libra is a sleeping beauty at the moment. i hope facebook will give it a new life. Maybe big corporations will expand their use of blockchain soon, and facebook will surely use libra - this will make it increase in price significnatly

• +1 1

So far no more has been heard about the currency that Facebook would launch, I suppose it was because of the blockades in several countries since they do not agree

I think the facebook currency must have received some scolding from its government and then it stopped all its production I hope and it is only a delay and soon we will see the token in operation in the social network

I agree with you a bit, but I think more about the currency of Facebook should have a positive impact on the ecocythema that is born, it will only be necessary to wait and study the markets in order to take advantage of these tips and also we will see how everyone, and the official use of the Libra

Libra coin isn't lifeless, and Zuck with facebook will push this component more. he is aware how a lot energy and wealth he can benefit if each person start to use his fantasy tracking coin. despite the fact that all companions drop out, fb will nevertheless keep as planed. I quite proportion your view thinking about the considerable assets available to the fb boss and the unending choice of the rich to get even wealthier. I think he's in all likelihood gonna push the undertaking ahead as you rightly said.

The project is still ongoing, it is a great opportunity to trade, I am going to buy from the pre-sale, something tells me that it will be used for Facebook Gaming, and this would cause the market to collapse and we could see it in the top 10 since facebook gaming is right now one of the best streaming platforms in the world.

Facebook is agreat and abig community , and Libra coin may be famous coin , I think Facebook will make it's coin , and Libra will be rise in short time ,