Is Facebook's Libra dead? The future of the project - Page 4 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
cryptogcfr

Is Facebook's Libra dead? The future of the project

On 10/22/2019 at 11:27 PM, cryptogcfr said:

During the second quarter of this year (2019), the crypto world witnessed a positive patronage which led to a big gain in the value of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies - all thanks to the announcement of an upcoming launch of digital coin by Facebook. But. it was not just the announcement that attracted the positive vibe but the reputation of business giants that joined the consortium - Mastercard, Visa, Paypal, eBay, Stripe and others. However, I read recently that those organisations have all dropped their support for the project and I'm worried and feel that the action will affect the launch of the crypto coin negatively, which indirectly may impact the blockchain and cryptocurrency economy in a bad way. I wonder if you are thinking like me or you have a different opinion. Please share what you think will happen to Libra. Do you think Facebook will still go ahead to launch it? 

https://www.coindesk.com/ebay-stripe-follow-paypal-in-quitting-facebooks-libra-project

Libra has been sleep for a while already and I didn't see any news that they like to continue the project but what I saw is that they will be alive again once the market will be more lively again like we will almost hit the peak of the bull run. 

The exit of their partners are one of their few problems so I am not sure if they will be able to fix their problem easily. 

• +2 1

On 10/22/2019 at 11:43 PM, Bitxalt said:

maybe they are disappointed because LIBRA is a stable coin, Facebook is a big industry and Libra has the opportunity to rank first in crypto if not a stable coin. have you ever read "LIBRA the next bitcoin" ?, That's a very good prank LoL

The people who try to launch the coins or support the coin on its early planning is the same people who destroy the idea of this libra coin project. Big companies pledge their support but one by one they step aside and back down after SEC intervene with the plan.

spacer.png

Libra coin isn't lifeless, and Zuck with facebook will push this component more. he is aware how a lot energy and wealth he can benefit if each person start to use his fantasy tracking coin. despite the fact that all companions drop out, fb will nevertheless keep as planed. I quite proportion your view thinking about the considerable assets available to the fb boss and the unending choice of the rich to get even wealthier. I think he's in all likelihood gonna push the undertaking ahead as you rightly said.

There are many projects which performs even without strong backup or support. To continue the project is not a big deal, but to keep it alive is what matters.

If they got enough support to continue then definitely they will, and drop out of a partner is not a solid reason to stop the project. Libra is about to come to an end.

I to some degree share your see considering the colossal assets accessible to the Facebook boss and the unending crave of the well off to induce indeed wealthier. I think he is likely gonna push the venture forward as you properly expressed.

Poe what I have read has not gone very well, because several companies that supported him such as eBay, Visa, MasterCard ... etc have left and abandoned the project. At the moment the project is not being very supported by the main countries despite being composed of a basket of Libra tokens with the main currencies. Even the German Federal Minister of Finance, Olaf Scholz, gives a resounding NO to this revolutionary currency, since for Scholz it can present various international risks accusing the project of even creating the possibility of global financial chaos

I am not sure about libra but I have heard a lot of bad news about it, it has received a lot of rejection and I'm not sure facebook will continue to launch it. I think that despite its debut, it is still difficult to gain a foothold in the market

It seems like Libra coins which we have been preaching negatively have turned out to be successful by selling their coins. I don't know whether it's public or private sales. But from all that, we can say that libra is still alive.

Facebook is leading social media platform so they want to launch their own crypto coin called libra, but when they announces to launch coin Facebook user so interested in this coin and so many big companies also joined like MasterCard visa to buy sell this through but what happens we can't no, but this companies leaves this Libra coin projects so present this future is struggles so I don't think they launch soon.

i dont think its completely dead yet but mark have just put it on hold because the court came against it and i think in the future it might come out and help people pay for things and transfer money.

No Libra is not dead due to its unavailability we can't predict that it has been end up as Libra is the new thing in the digital currencies world so it will take some time to be full established and to create huge community of it.

Libra coin is not dead, and Zuck with Facebook will momentum this gadget more.
He is sensitive how a great deal sway and wealth he container expand if entirely group plus to use up his fantasy tracking coin.
Even if entirely partners cut out out, facebook will silent pick up again as planed.

Edited by Emmaxogi
  • +2 1

no the libra project is not dead and will not die. guys libre is promoted by facebook and you think that facebook would risk their reputation on coin if they had no calculations? come on guys libra will be great coin just wait for it's launch.

i think libra is not dead its is in experts review process once they find everything is up then they well going to launch it in crypto

Edited by Shahud
spelling mistake

I don't think that Libra aim is to beat BTC because it's said that it would be (if launched successfully) a stable coin. Libra was born to die unfortunately, most of contributors are leaving the project 

Even if they have their ICO and release their coin I am not really optimistic on what they can do that is already not done by another simple cryptocurrency.

On 3/4/2020 at 6:04 AM, fila said:

Facebooks libra has now been released so it is definitely not dead anymore but there was a time as well when I was thinking that nothing would ever happen with libra but not anymore now it seems like an interesting coin to invest in.

libra is not released yet where did you hear that? but it would be released this year if it would be released at all.

the image below shows the partners of Libra, from which some have already ;left the project.

Libra-Association_Partner-Logo-Circle_v0

2 hours ago, Aslam12 said:

Which indirectly may impact the blockchain and cryptocurrency economy in a bad way.I wonder if you are thinking like me or you have a different opinion.I think libra is only a horoscope for now and it seems like virgo leo coins and so on if this project continues.

To look like a horoscope is just a simple, yo would be surprised how [people translate the symbols, some would say it is satanism. If Libra does it come true some weak minded investors would have doubts about crypto, the market must then fall a bit.

Welcome with me
The Libra Facebook project witnessed huge support from the money and business giants, but after the negative decision of the US government, almost all the giants withdrew from participating in the project, a blow that did not frustrate Facebook's intention to continue.
I think in the year 2020, Facebook will bring Libra into existence

On 16.03.2020 at 03:20, Rakibhassanjoybd said:

I have in no way accompanied the improvement of this mission again. Whether it is nevertheless running or not, what I understand is that this Libra project will be released this yr as well. But there is no information yet.

Facebook’s extend Libra is building a worldwide community of designers and specialized foundation as the questionable computerized money is underway, in spite of endeavors by controllers to moderate it down and indeed end its dispatch. Based on a permissioned blockchain, not at all like Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies that utilize open blockchains, the Libra testnet has logged over 51,000 exchanges since it was reset in September.

On 3/14/2020 at 10:07 AM, Smiling_killer said:

I figure most of expert brokers don't invite this money and I figure it won't work and will kick the bucket after some time

It has not even been released yet, let it get released then we will see if it would hit a bucket  or not.

No its not. Libra coin has been controversial few months after it was announced,many company backed out on this project but still libra coin still wants to prove its worth,so lets just wait and see what gonna happen.

The libra coin is almost dead and we have not been updated about the recent developments of this project due to some obstacles