They need KYC to verify us, how can we verify them too? - Page 5 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Calvinpriva

They need KYC to verify us, how can we verify them too?

I think this is a step for protection. Some sites actually scam us this verification is a sense of protection.  The security matter is always a big priority inorder to work in the forum. I really hope you all earn good money without being scammed.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

In General, KYS is a kind of user verification, so that developers know that you are not a bot. I think that we need to pass it, but no one forces you to use real data, you can also fake it. I want to say that some exchanges can be a Scam project, so you should carefully study the material and choose the right directions. Good luck!

• +2 1

It is also a question to myself. But since I don't know how I could verify them, I decided that I'll just put my trust to them and also to the popularity of their site. In this case I can assure that their site is safe and they don't harm their users.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

I wish there is one. There should be an website that verifies a project whether its legit or not. We can have information In that site about which platform we should give kyc. It is our personal information. But till then we shouldn't give kyc to any new platforms.

• +3 1

They verify us because we need them we cannot verify them because it is we don't need them they don't need us we are saying they are giving us the money that is why they require kyc but we cannot ask them to identify themselves to us

• +3 1

This is a good topic to reflect on, it is difficult to answer because it is difficult to know how to verify, but I think that a large exchange should not cause any damage to its users, and I speak of good and reliable exchanges, because there are ruins and large exchanges and there are many scammers ready to hit, so that's a question I can't answer, but I try to be safe in my own way, and using only reliable exchanges.

• +3 1

it can be confusing if you cannot tell if a site which you as on is actually legitimate on having to provide this kind of sensitive data on, as i know that this days our web browsers warn us when we enter suspicious sites on the web, 

• +3 1

Many projects require a process of verifying the identity of customers and assessing their suitability, as well as the potential risks of illegal intentions towards the business relationship, but also some other projects that do not require KYC you can work on.

• +4 1

for me i never deal with any site even if it is legit when they require KYC because the idea of crypto to not share our personal info so why would we share with them , i also agree with your point that many scam sites using this feature to track beginners who think the site is legit just because they asked for KYC m we should be awre of this si

• +2 1
  • +4 1

They just have to comply for them not to go against the law and if you are not comfortable, there are many projects that are not requiring this. You just need to do your home work property. 

• +3 1

Yes i had the same question how we verify them. Many companies and exchanger want kyc for verifing us. If we doesn't do kyc then they don't allow us and they take a lot information to us.

I just love these kinds of questions, you are right, it is our right as customers to know who are we dealing with, we are investing our money , time , and effort with them, so at least they must provide us with some information about them to keep the suspicions  away, In every exchange site there should be a section called, ( who we are) that you can log into and it also should be provided with contacts number, but I seriously doubt that any exchange site will do so. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +3 1

KYC helps bankers to ensure that the application and other identity details provided by the client are real. Owing to instance like money laundering and siphoning money off from bank accounts, verifying the identity of an individual is essential to prevent fraud.

• +1 1

There are many sites that are out there that are not legit and that prey on the vulnerability of those in the crypto world. The concern comes in however, in that some of the sites that even attest to the legitimacy of the site cannot be trusted.

• +3 1

Yes this is true some website exchange ask us to do KYC verification, however about them!.. Who are them?. How we verify them?.. I think right now it is not the moment when they ask KYC, the cryptocurrency still is not regularized. Any person can create a coin or a website exchange to trade cryptocurrency, without any control about the owner.

• +3 1

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

15 minutes ago, tienda said:

Yes this is true some website exchange ask us to do KYC verification, however about them!.. Who are them?. How we verify them?.. I think right now it is not the moment when they ask KYC, the cryptocurrency still is not regularized. Any person can create a coin or a website exchange to trade cryptocurrency, without any control about the owner.

And most of the new projects that ask for KYC verification procedure are scam and that is why it is also good we make deep research about a specific project before joining to avoid losing funds to scammers because there is no compensation for lose in cryptoworld.

• Useful or interesting 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

To some extent I admire your assertion regarding the prolonging issue of KYC verification but unfortunately this could not convinced me wholeheartedly to adopt using some of the sites requesting for KYC. My confidential details can never be compromise at any cost.

• +3 1

You are making a very good point here and there are some ways to verify the crypto projects, although sometimes they even evade these too, such as creating fake linked in profiles of other people and claiming they are part of their projects. I hope there will be a website one day that will update with all the new and old projects and will give references and information on possible scams and red flags.

• +1 2

We should also know about them because there are many web sites that verify us at the moment but we can't do them, we also need to know if they are really scammers or something else. For this we have to check their license then we will understand whether it is real or fake.

Sometimes one become afraid of the so called KYC reasons because of security or identity theft because so many untrusted site request for it, but to may surprise the legitimate site don't usually need it.

In start i do KYC on many exchanges who were scam as well wallets. Who took my Data but  after experience I stop doing blindly KYC. Now a days I register and wait for authentication of exchange. I use Google, coinmarket and different platform for authenticity. Then do my KYC. I also do search on exchange I formation which they publicly release. 

For new projects it's more needed to know about their team and exchanges they are related for futher listing. It's your responsibility to look after from scammers. 

I done KYC on some projects before and I really thought that it is safe to do it because I trust the project and its team. But first, before you do KYC for a project, make sure that you've done a thorough research just to make sure that it is legit.

If you are doing a legal activity and you are visiting a trusted sites and using a good reputation exchanges then there is nothing to be afraid of... you can give them KYC and you do not have to worry about it... but if you are visiting gambling sites and suspicious sites then your account might get hacked.

The only way to verify them, is to take a look at users's feedbacks and reviews, but this is still not sufficient because some users are paid to post fake reviews about a given platform, that's why it's recommended to not submit kyc information unless you make sure that this platform won't share your data.

Obviously I never sign up for exchanges that want kyc verification. Because I think all exchanges can be hacked. I'm using yobit now and it doesn't want kyc verification. So I don't think I will have any security issues.