[Terminology] Cryptotalk versus crypto - Page 3 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
rekter

[Terminology] Cryptotalk versus crypto

Cryptotalk this refers to name of the forum we are sharing our value opinions, views, ideas, purposive advises, knowledge and quality useful information for effective learning to take place. While cryptotalk.org is the site link to allow access in to the forum. While Crypto is the general or collective name for the Crypto currencies activities.

• +2 1

Very well said. There are big difference between Cryptotalk and Cryptocurrency, using the word "Crypto" might mislead others about the topic. Its better to complete the word to not misunderstood by many.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

The term crypto is derived from cryptocurrency , and then we add up the world talk and it defines our forum so its one of the best that we have to use in so many ways that we work with there is nothing more to it

• +1 1

that is right mate , when i was new here i thought they are the same and it took me sometime to learn more about crypto in general to understand both words are not the same , hope i could see this topic before

• +2 1

For some, they abbreviate cryptocurrency with the word crypto For others, it is a mistake of the translator used And not to differentiate between them, despite the simplicity of this matter, but it changes the meaning in some sentences and is considered spam, and the whole topic may be deleted and not counted Therefore, what has been written must be reviewed, scrutinized and acted with focus.

• +1 1

The terminology of making use of "crypto" instead of saying "cryptotalk" is getting used by many of us especially the newbies and they mostly learn that from us because we the seniors call it and they see so they thought it is thesame thing not knowing it is not and for that I will suggest we change our styles of identifying cryptotalk platform because it might implicate us to some problems in the forum.

• +2 1

I think that it is easy for people to say crypto instead of saying cryptotalk of cryptotalk currency. So as earlier in some comment my friend suggest that we should say Bitcoin currency instead of saying crypto currency. While still take crypto as cryptotalk short form. It is also good idea if you feel comfortable

• +1 1

Yeah, crypto means cryptocurrency not cryptotalk. Cryptotalk is just name where we discuss about the crypto. I think people should learn basic terminology before joining crypto world because there are new words which are difficult to understand.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

There is difference between crypto and crypto talk the short form of crypto currency is crypto while crypto talk is a site that incorporate much about crypto currency.

I have read posts that confused me and it was member talking about the forum cryptotalk and writing about it as crypto. I was very confused and may even asnwered about crypto in general but this was not my fault.

On 9/8/2020 at 4:14 PM, Waqar Satar said:

I think that it is easy for people to say crypto instead of saying cryptotalk of cryptotalk currency. So as earlier in some comment my friend suggest that we should say Bitcoin currency instead of saying crypto currency. While still take crypto as cryptotalk short form. It is also good idea if you feel comfortable

Few things here: Cryptotalk currency is not a thing unless you were talking about the "TALK" token, which is a cryptocurrency.

And you can't really say bitcoin instead of cryptocurrency because not all the cryptocurrencies are bitcoin, only one of them is.

Bitcoin is just one of the many cryptocurrencies out there.

Edited by rekter

I think It's not a big problem is members use the crypto or cryptotalk words but if the able to explained Their topic or post with useful information that mean cryptotalk forum then its enough .. So its necessary to use cryptotalk words but its necessary About explain the information correctly                

Of course, this forum is a forum for communication on cryptocurrency topics and developing your skills. Everyone shares something new, their personal information, and interest, something that can actively promote many other users, and it's interesting to read! Thanks!

I pretty much make a point that I don't confused between crypto and crypto talk. But still this post reminds me the users to take special care while they post content and helps to state the terms crypto and cryptocurrency without creating a chance for confusion. I would also take due diligence not to mix up between these two terms. And thank you for this post.

I am new and I appreciate this post, since you did not know about this difference. I think it is essential to recognize that they are two different things: on the one hand Crypto and what is its origin and on the other CryptoTalk

the name of the discussion board has clear which means, and it symbolizes the creation of a brand new platform to talk approximately cryptocurrencies and all that is new approximately them

Thank you your post is really helpful I got it and it will be helpful for all new members to understand what is crypto mean cryto courancy and crytotalk is sa platform 

This matter is caused by the use of the automatic translator, and therefore there is a difference between crypto and cryptotalk, and this matter causes loss to other members, and it is better to review what the translator wrote and correct the errors.

There are some terms members have here that are wrong and they should change it because using it will change the understanding of their writing

Therefore, re-correct yourself and read the correct terminology and change your concept in order to be able to correctly convey your message in this forum

• +1 1

Yes true, i have noticed about this confusion among the members. And this very important to know the difference between crypto and cryptotalk. I think this post will be helpful to a lot many of people. 

Hello, you are very right, when I read crypto, I know that they speak of cryptomonies or it is what I think, we can confuse the other people when we say incomplete words for that reason it is necessary that before being able to share information we think how the new people would like to find this information, that is to say so that they can understand them.

Yes, I encountered several posts by different people who mistakenly deal with the words as you mentioned,
But this matter is not a big mistake that leads to problems or a wrong understanding,
Simply using crypto to talk about currencies or the site can be understood from the context of the conversation and the comment.

• +1 1

On 4/18/2020 at 11:33 AM, rekter said:

I see a ton of people in here talking about "Crypto" when they mean cryptotalk, but i just wanted to point out that Crypto is a slang word for cryptocurrencies, not for Cryptotalk.org so when people talk about being in crypto or using crypto, they are talking about being in cryptocurrency game or using cryptocurrencies.

Now i know that language changes, and even that Crypto was earlier frowned upon because before that it only meant cryptography. But it doesn't change this fast and it helps if we use the right words. So i figured, why wouldn't i just tell you this in one topic so i wouldn't have to repeat myself correcting posts.

@rekter Yes, you are right. We must pay attention to the words and what they mean, and be aware when using them, as is the case with terms as well. Because the difference in intent in one word can completely change the meaning.

This is common on this forum among non-English speaking members Because of the use of Google Translate, which makes grammatical errors, to differentiate between the two terms Crypto and Cryptotalk.

• +3 1

2 minutes ago, Alimhana930 said:

This is common on this forum among non-English speaking members Because of the use of Google Translate, which makes grammatical errors, to differentiate between the two terms Crypto and Cryptotalk.

@Alimhana930 You are right and i agree with you. Some members are totally new to Cryptoworld and make the mistake of mixing crypto and CryptoTalk together thinking they are the same. Just hope we all doing this mistake are going to learn from this and correct ourselves.