What will you do if a thief takes your hard copy - Page 7 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

What will you do if a thief takes your hard copy

I like this post to tell my anecdote since I was a victim of theft of my backup copy and I want to share it in this post so that it does not happen to you or someone new in the cryptographic world, I made the mistake that when I received a notification of Facebook referring to the Trust Wallet platform that I had been the winner of an amount of TWT the original Binance token and when I register I asked for the data to backup my wallet without thinking again in the cryptographic world the I put, being a victim almost instantly of the theft of my tokens won in different aidrop of many jobs done.

On 10/16/2019 at 1:41 PM, Phash said:

There is nothing that can be done in that kind of situation because you can't reverse a transaction on the blockchain. The only only thing you can do is to forget about it and improvise on where and how you keep the deposit box and also your hard copy. 

Exactly friend, when a wrong transaction is made, it can no longer be reversed and the money that has been sent is lost

Man I think you are gonna if you lost that, you are basically giving everything to the tefth so theres nothing left to do but cry and go legal but I dont think thats gonna solve anything either. I personally have a hard drive but really hidden and protected

Excellent topic, I think we must have more than one copy saved in a different place, and due to theft or loss we would have a way to quickly access and perform the necessary operation

First I have the private key stored in a place where only I can access and I write a sentence where I remember to know which wallet belongs to that private key.
in that case the thief has taken my private key
I would go so fast to my wallet and see if I have the funds and I still have them, I would send the entire balance to another wallet,

On 16/10/2019 at 13:13, xBDT Script said:

Digamos que tiene una billetera bitcoin y tiene una copia impresa con la semilla. Guardó en una caja de seguridad y un día descubrió que la copia impresa no está allí con algún otro dinero que tenía allí. Quiero decir, algún día descubrió que alguien robó todo de esa caja de depósito. 

¿Qué hará para recuperar sus monedas (asumiendo que otras cosas no son tan importantes como las monedas que tiene)?

Compartamos la idea de cómo podemos vernos a nosotros mismos para no ser una situación como esta.

If a thief took my printed copy, the only solution is to transfer the cryptocurrencies to another wallet, while the thief tries to recover my wallet with the seed, if I did not have time, the talk was lost, the thief who knows about the subject could do the operation from an internet cafe to leave no trace (Yobit).

On 2/3/2020 at 1:05, George10 said:

Perder una copia de la frase semilla de la billetera significa perder sus fondos y, en este caso, para mí, no puedo hacer nada más que llorar por la pérdida y comenzar un nuevo comienzo con cuidado sobre cómo pongo las claves privadas en mis billeteras criptográficas.

once it happened to me that I misspelled a sentence of the 12 recovery and I could not restore my wallet luckily it was in 0 now I look up to 5 times before writing it in order

First I would immediately contact support sending all the necessary information that I am the original holder of the account and explain what happened, although there is a problem the support people do not respond immediately and you may lose your money unless for withdrawals have the 2-factor function enabled, if so, your money is safe and you have the possibility to make the necessary adjustments with the support area of your favorite exchange.

In this case, I recommend protecting your account with your IP address. I think this action will reduce your risks in the future.

If a thief took my hardware, I would immediately alert the police to track down that thief, my next job was to buy a new hard drive

45 minutes ago, Eleazar42 said:

First I would immediately contact support sending all the necessary information that I am the original holder of the account and explain what happened, although there is a problem the support people do not respond immediately and you may lose your money unless for withdrawals have the 2-factor function enabled, if so, your money is safe and you have the possibility to make the necessary adjustments with the support area of your favorite exchange.

that's true if this happens on an exchange then try contacting support then he will ask for details of the data or errors that have occurred and they will track every transaction that occurs in your account so maybe your funds can still be returned.

It's very difficult to get out of the situation you're in. For example, I usually have several backups in case something like this happens, because when it comes to money it's better to be very cautious.

I think it is best to avoid such situations and have several paper copies, and I would contact support in this situation.

Knowing that I was lost or that someone else could have it if I had funds I would still do is remove them and then change wallets automatically and forget the other one, but if they have already stolen my key it remains to see essentially what they have done with your wallet and hence make a decision.

That thing is hard to happen in light of the fact that you as of now have spared your coins in a sheltered wallet, I think you need to do that before doing any trades or pay for invest,but on the off chance that it previously occurred, at that point you need to transform you wallet to another doing this quick as you can.

The best to do is to save hardware copy of wallet away from hackers, because hackers can go extra mile to penetrate your wallet. I will recommend putting the wallet that is not penetrable by thieves. Because if they find out, they can use the opportunity to steal all your crypto on the hardware copy wallet. They can be saved in a place harder to find, this will be the best. 

• +2 1

Try to transfer your funds to a safe account if it's still there!! but if it's not there is nothing you can do! try to forget it and start from zero!

On 10/7/2020 at 8:59 AM, gabrielrojasg said:

There is nothing you can do if your hard copy is stolen, it is better to prevent and save with the best possible security than to regret.

It depends, for example, if it is hardware wallet, pin will be required to unlock it. That aside, if you protect it with passphrase, the passphrase will be required for any transaction you needed it for. So, it depends. There are ways the hard ware wallet will be useless for the hackers. And, do not think two times, import the seed phrase into another wallet as immediate as possible, and send the coins on it to another new wallet entirely. 

• +1 1

I think without secret key you can't assess your wallet. 

The only solution is that we should store secret keys and seed phrases in multiple places. If we lost from one place then we have other copy. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

13 hours ago, malik6314193 said:

I think without secret key you can't assess your wallet. 

The only solution is that we should store secret keys and seed phrases in multiple places. If we lost from one place then we have other copy. 

If you mean the secret key as the pin, I think after storing it, the owner of the hardware wallet can also memorize it, using a pass ward that the owner will be easy to remember will be good. But, the owner should be careful not to forget. Like me, I use a type of numbers that I use regularly which incan mo forget. 

On 10/26/2020 at 6:32 AM, Yomose said:

If you mean the secret key as the pin, I think after storing it, the owner of the hardware wallet can also memorize it, using a pass ward that the owner will be easy to remember will be good. But, the owner should be careful not to forget. Like me, I use a type of numbers that I use regularly which incan mo forget. 

Nice constitution, I have noticed too that someone can forget pin, like me, I used a very common but not easy to guess pin, if I will buy hardware wallet, I will use such pin so that it will be easy to remember for me.

• +1 1

There is nothing that you can do,after that you can learn a lesson and next time becarefull .Try to transfer your funds to a safe account if it's still there.

If this happened i doubt i can recover my account and funds,you sure lost everything.