"Periodically" trading strategy (long-term) - Page 3 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BullRunBit

"Periodically" trading strategy (long-term)

As for me, this technique is not only profitable, but also safe. There can be a lot of price fluctuations over time, and any drop can offset the higher gain. As for the application, I think its only benefit is to satisfy the interest in how much I or someone else could earn on Bitcoin

• +3 1

6 hours ago, JohanDonne said:

Well for this type of trading or holding you can't be much certain regarding the total earning after the duration you want to invest in any coin. If the coin never increase, you can't earn.

Because of that you must to wise decide which coin you want to buy, I write example for BTC because like you can see price go down price go up and there is a profit. But of course you must to research good before you start buying.

5 hours ago, CarlosGM said:

Maintaining your investment in the long term holding is the best and most with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

For BTC I agree, for other altcoins you must to research before you buy/buying.

5 hours ago, Abdalrazig said:

It is good strategy but needs ages, I also think if I am a long term investor and I want to start this kind of investment it will need a huge capital, I won't get in unless it is worthy.

You dont need "huge capital" because it's "periodically or if you have you need to split.

And I write in previous commnets, that you can also to add that you buy when price is down (drop) that can be good too.

• +2 1

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

13 hours ago, CarlosGM said:

Maintaining your investment in the long term holding is the best and most with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

holding is not always the answer my friend, because holding mostly depend on when you bought the coin, because a lot fo people buy the top on some coins and wish for it to keep goin up but they end up losing a lot.

• +1 1

35 minutes ago, Mol1 said:

Very good strategist, but not everyone has tolerance and many people will be afraid of losing money. So it is unlikely that anyone will use it.
Those who are confident in themselves will use this strategy. A lot of people trade for quick profits.
And to be honest, these numbers are unlikely to be real. He cannot predict so accurately. And most likely we will not raise money, but lose it. Well, for those who like to take risks and not only money, they will trade  

I understand I a lot of people think just about quick profit but that is not a point.

Point is that you research and find good coin/token.

I will write you one example from experience, I check out one token and (for me) it's looks like that price is down and I believed that price will recover and I invest small amount and buy that token I wait some time price was stable then after some time price drop again not big but still drop and I decide to buy again that token and after some time price recover and "pump" over my first buy break even I make good profit on that token.

Point is that you believe, and of course to wise choose coin/token in which you invest.

37 minutes ago, Cem Öner said:

It's something they say very often, but it doesn't really help new people. It is difficult to really find when the price is low or high enough and from my experience when the price has gone down enough people will say that it would go down so I never bought, and when it went up a lot that the price was going to reach the moon and blah blah , so don't listen to anyone telling you where to buy or sell just learn on your own.

Read example which I write above.

Point is that you research, after that it's easy to choose how you will invest in that coin/token.

On 3/12/2020 at 3:57 PM, BullRunBit said:

First before I explain I want to write that I research before creating topic and I found topics about asking which coin to buy for long term trading some topics about which BTC price was before 10 years and now or whether to invest or not for long term etc.

To start, for this strategy you must to have some incoming to invest long term in some coin.

Lika I write in tittle it's "Periodically" and that mean that you invest for example every 7 days, 10 days, 15 days, 30 days.

And when you say "long-term" you must to decide how long do you want to invest in that coin for example 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years.

I will use one website ( https://dcabtc.com/ ) which is really good to calculate how much you could to earn if you invest in BTC periodically before for example 5 years,

I will write below example how much you could to earn investing in BTC:

10$ weekly for 5 Years

Invest: 2,600$

Profit: 27,000$ (-2,600$)= 24,400$

It's different from day trading or any other type of trading because simple it's long term, but it's profitable for sure but of course you must to choose well which coin you will buy.

That is it for now, happy HODL ing. 

Good explanation about short and long-term investments, you helped me decide 
which branch of trading to go to, so thank you for that, since I am new, I will 
enter the short course, that is, 7 days, so I will see how it goes, thanks for the 
clarification. we see

On 6/1/2020 at 11:12 AM, Raqeebzy said:

I love the strategy and I think it more suitable for altcoin. Long term trading might be less complex because the analyses are prone to be more accurate than day trading but it also requires so much dedication, focus and some ability of self control, it is not easy holding for years when the market is so unstable.

i think with the current price of bitcoin it would be insane to hold at here, because the only way i see us going is down, if you want to be a long term holder make sure to buy the lows not the top.

• +1 1

On 10/16/2020 at 11:52 AM, Naga said:

i think with the current price of bitcoin it would be insane to hold at here, because the only way i see us going is down, if you want to be a long term holder make sure to buy the lows not the top.

well since your post bitcoin has rallied to above 13000$, that's why i always say the crypto market is highly unpredictable and every little bit of news can pump the market to insane numbers.

• +1 1

Long-term trading strategy can be done by buying the right coins, long-term trading is only profitable if we store bitcoins. In a few years, the price of bitcoin will go up and we can make a profit. Of course, long-term trading must have a large enough capital, because saving money in the form of bitcoin requires a lot of money.

you are talking about investment for long time in your topic, but in your title you are talking about trading strategy, in the investment if you are choose bad coin you will lose your investment.

18 hours ago, Goyaa said:

Long-term trading strategy can be done by buying the right coins, long-term trading is only profitable if we store bitcoins. In a few years, the price of bitcoin will go up and we can make a profit. Of course, long-term trading must have a large enough capital, because saving money in the form of bitcoin requires a lot of money.

I dont understand why a lot of people think that they need a lot of money to start to invest in BTC or some other altcoin. :classic_huh: Example, you have 20$ online and you start to buy BTC every week with 5$ and second month you deposit 20$ more and again every week 5$ or you can just to wait to price drop and then buy with that 5$ or you can with 10$ it's your choice. :classic_wink:

14 hours ago, benalmoh88 said:

you are talking about investment for long time in your topic, but in your title you are talking about trading strategy, in the investment if you are choose bad coin you will lose your investment.

And what is difference? Between, long term trading strategy and long term investing?

Of course, because of that I always use for example BTC. :classic_wink:

I agree with you that this investment method looks great, but the most important thing is to choose the correct currency, some cryptocurrencies are eligible to rise tens of times over the coming years and vice versa.

• +2 2

Long-term trading is a profitable and comfortable way at the same time, as you do not have to remain nervous and watch the market carefully at every moment of your time. An important rule in long-term investing is indifference to rumors, and as a long-term investor you should consider risks as much as possible.

• +1 1

A long term trading strategy is completely different from the strategy for day trading.  Therefore, traders need to hone their skills in the trading strategies they use
 Such as technical analysis and patterns based on price movement, as well as mentality, especially in managing portfolio, familiarity with market movement, one's risk tolerance, patience, overlooking daily fluctuations and mastering the art of stopping loss when needed.

When we make a long-term investment, we must calculate the returns that we can get in order to know the extent of the benefit from this investment and this site is good so that it is easier when calculating the annual return on investment.

• +2 1

On 11/9/2020 at 2:47 PM, Razan alikac said:

A long term trading strategy is completely different from the strategy for day trading.  Therefore, traders need to hone their skills in the trading strategies they use
 Such as technical analysis and patterns based on price movement, as well as mentality, especially in managing portfolio, familiarity with market movement, one's risk tolerance, patience, overlooking daily fluctuations and mastering the art of stopping loss when needed.

Of course that is it.

One thing I would like to discuss, stop-loss with long term trading.

I think that is not bad to sell some part of investment if price go up or to have some $ to buy more if price go down but not to use stop-loss if you are long term trader.

You must to choose/think good before you start to invest long term in some coin/token, you must to have some really good reason to start with that.

7 hours ago, Omar Ommeish said:

When we make a long-term investment, we must calculate the returns that we can get in order to know the extent of the benefit from this investment and this site is good so that it is easier when calculating the annual return on investment.

How I understand you talking about "goal".

And I can agree with you about that, before you start to invest you must to have strategy and goal because that is important in long term trading/holding.

• +5 1

Predicting the total profit after 5 years is a big claim. No one knows what events may happen during this half a decade and how each of them may affect bitcoin or altcoins (there is also one halving in the next 5 years). Periodic trading (like other methods) depends on the number of fluctuations that occur during the specified period. Since fluctuations are not fixed, any kind of long term profit calculation will be rough and in some cases can be unrealistic. I prefer not to make it complicated and start a trade whenever the market conditions seems favorable.

• +4 1

On 12/13/2020 at 8:47 AM, Brushless4500KV said:

Predicting the total profit after 5 years is a big claim. No one knows what events may happen during this half a decade and how each of them may affect bitcoin or altcoins (there is also one halving in the next 5 years). Periodic trading (like other methods) depends on the number of fluctuations that occur during the specified period. Since fluctuations are not fixed, any kind of long term profit calculation will be rough and in some cases can be unrealistic. I prefer not to make it complicated and start a trade whenever the market conditions seems favorable.

It's just a example, and yes you are right that is long period.

But I will recommend you to read comments in this topic about periodical and to combine with follow price, example you hold some cryptocurrency (long term) and if price go up you sell part of your investment and if price go down you buy more etc. And of course you must to have goal. 😉

9 hours ago, BullRunBit said:

It's just a example, and yes you are right that is long period.

But I will recommend you to read comments in this topic about periodical and to combine with follow price, example you hold some cryptocurrency (long term) and if price go up you sell part of your investment and if price go down you buy more etc. And of course you must to have goal. 😉

This method can be effective but waiting for 5 years is a lot of time for me. In the early days of my joining the crypto trading, I was only a holder and had more patience. But now I'm seeking more accessible income. I have moved away from investing and on to the trading. This long term plan is suitable for those people who have a large investment and a fixed income. They earn their livings and let the investment does its own job without thinking about it. However, for a person like me whose only earning is crypto, day trading is more helpful than locking my money for years.

• Useful or interesting 1

15 hours ago, Brushless4500KV said:

This method can be effective but waiting for 5 years is a lot of time for me. In the early days of my joining the crypto trading, I was only a holder and had more patience. But now I'm seeking more accessible income. I have moved away from investing and on to the trading. This long term plan is suitable for those people who have a large investment and a fixed income. They earn their livings and let the investment does its own job without thinking about it. However, for a person like me whose only earning is crypto, day trading is more helpful than locking my money for years.

I dont understand you, for day trading you need big budget which means that you can do both.

You can combine day trading with holding some good coin, to make more of that coin.

I understand you about long period, but I will recommend you that you must to have some goal and when you reach that goal simple find some other.

Taking advantage when the Bitcoin or Ethereum price down will be the best moment to buy it and holding it for a long time. But all depended on about the quantity of money we invest, with a small amount is not profitable. The persons without patience will not be easy for them to form part of investing for a long time.

• Useful or interesting 1

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

Yes it is a good option to start a trading in periodically.  If you have some knowledge  about trading and you want to trade you shout to start with your best effort and with best manner  and way.  If want to trade for long term you should to follow the rules of trading. 

I think that is the best strategy to buy BTC at different prices and in a smart way, currently I don't have a lot of money so I am buying BTC every 15 days.
To use this strategy, the person must have patience and not be dominated by their emotions and that can only be achieved with discipline.

• +3 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                

7 hours ago, BullRunBit said:

I dont understand you, for day trading you need big budget which means that you can do both.

You can combine day trading with holding some good coin, to make more of that coin.

I understand you about long period, but I will recommend you that you must to have some goal and when you reach that goal simple find some other.

Currently, I don't have enough capital to do both trading and investing at the same time. I have set aside $100 for my daily trading and I'm waiting for bitcoin's price to crash heavily so that I can invest in it with my remaining capital. I want to get benefit from a full cycle of bitcoin price movement. For example, I want to buy when it falls to $7000 and sell when it hits $30000. This is my holding plan and until then I only trade as much as I can to earn and save my profits for the long term plan.

These strategies are really appreciative 

If you want  success in future you must do long term plannings and strategies

This Post is really helpful for traders