The difference between altcoin and bitcoin ? - Page 4 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
mikealexisj

The difference between altcoin and bitcoin ?

Wow, I see altcoin always but never have idea, I even think it a coin on it own, with the comments in this post I get to understand that altcoin are other coins all together except for the Bitcoin. Just added to my knowledge 

12 hours ago, Jaafar Fahad Hassan said:

Wow, I see altcoin always but never have idea, I even think it a coin on it own, with the comments in this post I get to understand that altcoin are other coins all together except for the Bitcoin. Just added to my knowledge 

@Jaafar Fahad Hassan you still have misunderstanding about altcoin and bitcoin my Friend... Bitcoin is the first crypto currency in crypto world Which we called as a god of crypto currency that was published in 2009 but altcoin carry different meaning.. Altcoin mean alternative coin of bitcoin and it was created for become more good than altcoin but unfortunately no altcoin can be good than bitcoin.. At this moment etherum is the best altcoin..                    

The basic difference between these two coins are that if you go any country and ask what is bitcoin they will know the answer but if you ask about altcoin then I believe less number of people will tell you about it. In other words bitcoin is more popular than altcoin

Altcoin is known as alternative coins. These are alternative coins named after bitcoin. They are just digital coins but not the bitcoins. Most the alcoins are built on the basic framework work provided by the bitcoins. The first altcoin was released in 2011.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Bitcoin is the base currency and the most powerful, popular and traded despite the presence of many other currencies, but Bitcoin is still the strongest in the market.  I think that Bitcoin will continue in the future because we notice its rise at the moment. This is evidence that Bitcoin is in demand and is still the strongest among all other alternative currencies.  Ethereum is trying to compete with Bitcoin, but it is a long way for Ethereum to be in first place.

4 hours ago, Dorjoy12 said:

@Jaafar Fahad Hassan you still have misunderstanding about altcoin and bitcoin my Friend... Bitcoin is the first crypto currency in crypto world Which we called as a god of crypto currency that was published in 2009 but altcoin carry different meaning.. Altcoin mean alternative coin of bitcoin and it was created for become more good than altcoin but unfortunately no altcoin can be good than bitcoin.. At this moment etherum is the best altcoin..                    

Thanks for having my back, no altcoin can really match Bitcoin, am learning hear always,am new in the cryptocurrency world. People like you will add more to us the beginners, as you said, eth is the best the altcoin, but Bitcoin remain the God of crypto

Exlpained very well, I only want to say that altcoins have to be taken serious not all of them but some can become so adopted that will become the first and have a lot to give to the investors. Prices sometimes drop but they recover if we exclude 2018 when they went too high all the rest times they had many good points to buy and profit a lot.

• +2 1

It is almost unbelievable to me that 10 years ago Bitcoins value was under $1. Growth of the cryptocurrency sector is immense, Bitcoin can be said as the innovation which created such immense market area for cryptocurrency.

I think we agree on that one bitcoin has been the kick for some time  but the truth is , there is so much innovative coins that have come up , that I truly believe that there is going to be a better far much better coin that is going to be fully adopted, that is why we need to look for some good quality coins that are better than bitcoin

• +2 1

There are many difference between the two terms but the common difference I will like us to know is that bitcoin is the most popular and expensive coin ahead of others which is another reason why any coin aside bitcoin is called an alternative coin(altcoin) because most of them depends on bitcoin value and for that again bitcoin is refered as the mother of all Cryptocurrencies.

• +3 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Bitcoins are accepted everywhere and they have large market over world wide and it is also used for trading and earning money and can be converted in local currencies for exchange

On my view, the crypto market world contains on two types of currencies that one is bitcoin only and second is all other coins. As blockchain evolved ,so did the number of coins available and the things these new coins blockchain could  accomplish .these new cryptocurrencies are dubbed altcoins use the same decentralized concept as bitcoin but take things a step further with unique features. 

❤❤DROP ME HEARTFUL REACTIONS 🖤🖤

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +4 1

Smart contracts are different and it is not the same as altcoins. Some altcoins are a smart contract and these are called tokens, they use the language and blockchain of another coin and have coded a smart contract in them. The ethereum language is not hard to learn and many developers can make a token easily in a few days.

• +1 1

6 hours ago, Irungu said:

that is why we need to look for some good quality coins that are better than bitcoin

You are making a solid point there @Irungu I'm one of those that has similar believe, considering the great potential and performance of some top best altcoins so far now at the capital market.

There is extremely high tendency some potential altcoins may surpasses BTC in nearest future.

Edited by Guru2050
  • +1 1

There are many differences and have to do with the secuirty of the blockchain as Bitcoin is the most secure blockchain not easy at all to 51% attack and maybe impossible. The rest coins have lower security but some have very good and have not been attacked ever as Litecoin and Ethereum. But as we go lower most other coins lack security using pow system.

16 hours ago, Fixfin said:

There are many differences and have to do with the secuirty of the blockchain as Bitcoin is the most secure blockchain not easy at all to 51% attack and maybe impossible. The rest coins have lower security but some have very good and have not been attacked ever as Litecoin and Ethereum. But as we go lower most other coins lack security using pow system.

bitcoin is only more secure because of the liquidity and the numerous pools mining bitcoin, but coins like ETC are easy to do a 51% attack, and also the algo of bitcoin is stronger and more secure.

• +3 1

I agree with you that there are many differences between Bitcoin and Altcoin.  The price of Bitcoin is the highest in the world market and the price of Altcoin is very low.  Not everyone invests or trades with this bitcoin with altcoin.  Because it is very easy to make a good profit with Bitcoin.  And it takes a lot of patience to make a profit with Altcoin.

• +2 1

Altcoins are the other cryptocurrencies launched after the success of Bitcoin. Generallybthey sell themselves as better alternatives to Bitcoin. The term Altcoins refers to all cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin. As of early 2020, there were more than 5,000 cryptocurrencies by some estimates

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day