Why the teams usually don't go through KYC? - Page 3 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
dentolas

Why the teams usually don't go through KYC?

The team of the project usually use linkedin for their indentity or their information but it seems it's not enough for the bounty participants. For me, it's fine but the linkedin info should perfect and not fake.

My experience is only to give KYC to crypto and financial sites that can be trusted and relied upon, for fear of being misused. For safety, I will not deal with projects whose teams hidden. 

yes i won't give my personal data ever again. once i join and invested in one ICO. it's not a big money, but they ask me to submitted my KYC. after i do that, they always reject my KYC. what a shame. and now they project turned into a scam.. you must use your personal data wisely.

On 10/9/2019 at 3:01 PM, teminalibug said:

Sorry, I keep seen this KYC thing but I've no idea what it means anyone of you experts help me understand what is this KYC mean, and what is it about.

KYC means know your customer. I just can tell you that KYC is used before join bounty program. I also do KYC documents before, but there are several topics state that KYC is dangerous. The truth of this statement is still become my question. Best regards

14 minutes ago, dion2566 said:

i agree with you give our personal info is very dangerous. It's safer if we don't give out personal data to unknown people. Because we dont know what people will do with our personal info.

with so many stories about hacks, leaks, spyware, etc, how can people believe their personal documents are safe? and if we take into account that a lot of projects just fail.... what happens to personal docs then?

thousands are for sale on the dark web

but if so many projects require KYC from the users, why don't teams also have to do it?

There is team that made an exchange in the US complete anonynmous and they are saying they are apple employees and need to protect their identities, did u hear a more stupid reason for not making KYC?

They could exit scam and any time with ur money and u have nobody to report. This is why we need regulation

Edited by Caporetto
typo

Even if personal information goes to scammers, scammers can steal it from good guys. the question of trust or not, everyone decides for himself.

6 hours ago, meowmeow said:

We all know that KYC is good for our own safety. But lets talk about the reality, you will give your personal information to the person that you do not know? That is kinda risky since they might use it for illegal stuff. I think that is one of the reason why some people doesn't want KYC.

Even if you knew these persons, there will be no control on who and when could get access to your personal documents... internet is not safe, and if even top exchanges get hacked imagine what they can do to kyc companies...

And there is also the issue on why the teams also don't go through kyc, and only the users?

I have saw only a few projects where the team members do not show their KYC and it is because they just want to steal the money of the investors. While those projects which are faithful with their investors just publish their details and verify their KYC. 

11 hours ago, dentolas said:

with so many stories about hacks, leaks, spyware, etc, how can people believe their personal documents are safe? and if we take into account that a lot of projects just fail.... what happens to personal docs then?

We really can not tell that our documents are safe with any of the exchanges. Let's say the most reputed on right now in the market - you have your docs with them.

Although they have the good intention but if the information get leaks somehow then anything else does not matter.  

Just now, xBDT Script said:

We really can not tell that our documents are safe with any of the exchanges. Let's say the most reputed on right now in the market - you have your docs with them.

Although they have the good intention but if the information get leaks somehow then anything else does not matter.  

If these exchange owners are trusted people then we do not have to worry as they will not misuse our documents and if they get hacked then we cannot blame them for it as it is just an accident. 

19 hours ago, fajarriadi said:

KYC is dangerous

hmm! dangerous! what do they take from me, i mean what information from me they require in these KYCs that could endanger me?

12 minutes ago, teminalibug said:

hmm! dangerous! what do they take from me, i mean what information from me they require in these KYCs that could endanger me?

I am so sorry friend, i forgot to lock my cell phone at home and maybe it played by the kids. Yesterday when i worked at my office, i wanted to comment this topic but i don't  know why it could be sended like that 😞

if it is the trusted bounty we can get many profits there and our data will be safe. But many peoples say that KYC is very dangerous. I always do KYC before i join to several bounties, but after i read the topic about KYC i discouraged to do KYC anymore. I am so sorry of my previous statement if it makes you or the other members misunderstand with me. Big sorry for you all

11 hours ago, Survay said:

If these exchange owners are trusted people then we do not have to worry as they will not misuse our documents and if they get hacked then we cannot blame them for it as it is just an accident. 

How do you know if the exchange owners are trusted people? you don't even know who they are most times

Besides, how will you control the way they actually use your documents? You will never know

And just an accident? don't you think they have the responsability to keep your info secure?

6 hours ago, dentolas said:

How do you know if the exchange owners are trusted people? you don't even know who they are most times

Besides, how will you control the way they actually use your documents? You will never know

And just an accident? don't you think they have the responsability to keep your info secure?

There are a number of exchanges on which we are trading and which are more secure till now. We have to use those exchanges. You can also think about yobit which is the exchange which is the most secure because no one is able to hack it. 

6 hours ago, dentolas said:

you're right, we can't never be sure about that who they actually are and what they'll do with our documents but we can decide based on their actions in the past, I personally think Binance can be trusted although that I didn't do the KYC in their website too

8 minutes ago, Mohs3n71 said:

you're right, we can't never be sure about that who they actually are and what they'll do with our documents but we can decide based on their actions in the past, I personally think Binance can be trusted although that I didn't do the KYC in their website too

But if they will want to run their business successfully then they will care for their users and for their documents. If they will do something wrong with our documents then no one will trust on them. Just like the data of facebook when leaked then now they have issue from the government in releasing their coin Libra.

5 minutes ago, John11 said:

It's is very easy to create a LinkedIn account and just add fake information there or just buy the account from someone so you can't fully trust those people that use Linkedin accounts as their identity 

yes that is a good point he presented here. The best way to know about the reality of a team member is that they arrange a seminar or any other event and give their interviews there. 

Dont Do Kyc on any exchange or bounty that not reveal themself then asking for people identity

i hate this such Named KYC ! Very suck 

In order to avoid close attention on the part of company regulators, it is necessary to verify the identity of customers by requesting personal data from them. Any financial organizations, including stock exchanges and banks, do not provide their services to clients without identifying their identities. On the one hand, this is normal, but in general I would not be ready to interrupt my anonymity in cryptocurrency and provide data. And the author of this post is absolutely right, the data should be provided bilaterally.

pxf.jpg

1 minute ago, 666Stein said:

Dont Do Kyc on any exchange or bounty that not reveal themself then asking for people identity

i hate this such Named KYC ! Very suck 

You are right if you people have doubt on the team members or on the project then do not send your KYC to them as they may misuse them. Try to find out all the details about the project.

if you don't trust an exchange for doing a KYC how you trust it with your money on it ? I mean how you can trust them about sending your money in an exchange wallet but you can't trust them with sending your identity ?

4 hours ago, Survay said:

But if they will want to run their business successfully then they will care for their users and for their documents. If they will do something wrong with our documents then no one will trust on them. Just like the data of facebook when leaked then now they have issue from the government in releasing their coin Libra.

A lot of people still uses facebook... and it was even used to win elections in several places... more blunt privacy violation is impossible

Besides trusting in any business caring for their users, there is also the issue of unwanted leaks, and the fact that you might never know what they have done with your documents unless you have problems someday

I believe that most users do not undergo the KYC procedure because they fear for the safety of their personal data. Personally I have never passed for this reason