Choose a stop loss point - Page 3 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Loly

Choose a stop loss point

On 12/30/2019 at 5:37 AM, Loly said:

Stop loss can be tricky, especially since there is no specific formula or percentage that establishes that point. In general, the point varies depending on the types of transactions you perform, and the amount of loss that you are willing to take financially and psychologically. If you are afraid of losses, you should for example set a narrow-scale loss stopping point. Keep in mind that you have to define a reasonably narrow point in order not to hinder you from trading opportunities.

Well this help, I know trading is really risky that is why I want to learn more but it is really hard to find cheap course or webinar in trading that is why thanks for sharing.

5$ E-book That Will help or change you to be a Successful! 

https://gum.co/MIfTd

18 hours ago, Cryptominded said:

Yes use of stop loss is quite adviceable for all traders because it's often the last defense for any trader to forestall blowing up the trading account, but care must be taken also to avoid making it a sure hit, because them it beats its purpose. When we have very little fund, there's no point pushing it too far, instead, we should hold on and raise more fund.

even tho stop loss is so important yet we dont see a lot of people using it and me personally i stopped using it when i saw the market goes bellow my stop loss and then pump back up and i be in losses 

On 1/27/2020 at 4:11 PM, Franklin02 said:

That's what happens when you keep tight stop losses. What happens in those instances is that, stop orders usually hits before it resumes in the intended version. The problem most people have is placing flexible stop losses. 

Oh i see so the problem is not setting a stop loss, it is the flexibility of that stop loss range.

23 hours ago, Shuusei said:

I always set my stop-loss point around 2.5-5% after I made my order. Well, just in case if the price falls down, to avoid more loses of course. So stop-loss is very useful for me, and I think it's the same with the most traders out there.

Looks to me stop loss of 2.5% is too tight and would most often than not be taken off by the market before eventually going in your direction and that hurts! I personally do not use fixed percentage for my stop loss, but always a little bit below the formidable support or above resistance levels in view. 

I always set stop losses at 10%. But of course, the 10% loss is not big compared to the profits I have gained so far. The key is not to be greedy and think logically.

Stop loss and take profits are very good option in margin and future trading of crypto market if you do margin trade then must use both tools for avoiding unexpected loss. 

setting stop loss can be helpful to minimize your loses,but it is not really necessary to use stop lose if only you have patience. just hold a coin when your at lose and wait for it,just be patient so that tou will not lose money.

On 1/28/2020 at 5:46 PM, Maahi said:

Its is very useful to choose stop loss for daily trade also if you are doing copy trades always use it  will help for preventing to lossall fund when  your trade goes to rong direction

i think using stop loss is for newbies only because if you are a true crypto trader you would always keep a check on your portfolio and see how your coins are going.

8 hours ago, Tomas2020 said:

A stop loss is an order that closes your position when a price is reached. specific. It is used as a safe failure mechanism to protect trading loads if the deal does not produce the desired results. So it is necessary.

And do you think it is a good idea to sto[ loss on crytocurrency trading?

20 hours ago, Tomas2020 said:

Limiting the size of the loss is better than continuing the loss until you get bigger and lose a lot. There is a bottom in the science of analysis, if the currency penetrates it, it will head to a larger bottom.

But with the volatile of the cryptocurrency market, you can always recover no matter what the loss, all you need is a little patient.

Maybe some of our bad points in Money make our money be a barrier so we have to avoid bad points and stop them.

I am not choosing this point because i have good experience in the forex market and my analysing is so much good and i know that on what side the market will go up and how much pips we will make in just a single day.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I have a good trade strategy depending ROI so befor I open new deal I see what is the stop lose and what is the goals , the goals must be 3× more the stop point so when I open 3 deals 2 lose and 1 win I will be winner at least.

• Useful or interesting 1

On 12/30/2019 at 6:37 PM, Loly said:

Stop loss can be tricky, especially since there is no specific formula or percentage that establishes that point. In general, the point varies depending on the types of transactions you perform, and the amount of loss that you are willing to take financially and psychologically. If you are afraid of losses, you should for example set a narrow-scale loss stopping point. Keep in mind that you have to define a reasonably narrow point in order not to hinder you from trading opportunities.

As some points are very useful and as other are very fatal for our points. As a wrong stop loss can cause a big loss for us. And I think that it is very very depressing.

We have to choose a stop loss point for our own benefit because it can help us from suffering a big loss in trading.so it can be saviour if we choose a stop loss point.

6 hours ago, Loly said:

The stop loss can cause a great loss if the appropriate exit point has not been determined with sufficient accuracy. Then the price can touch the stop loss and fall back. I recommend that the stop loss point be a little far and after breaking a previous currency low.

i think this is why i have suffered with stop loss orders and whenever i make them the market would take a dip down just bellow my stop loss and once again go back up.

On 12/30/2019 at 7:15 PM, Rudro88 said:

Some points are very useful to us in business.  And after earning these points, we have to give a lot of importance to protecting them.  So in our trading case we can easily complete the transaction through points if we can secure the points.

Stop loss is used for just to stop the loss becasue some time we trade in the market and the market will go on the negative side and then we use the stop loss that we are not going to lose our all money that the reason to use that.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

We are a distinguished victory teen in the business, and with these points we have difficulty sorting canisters without difficulty. These points are very important indication that you are directly in trading

On 1/31/2020 at 1:46 PM, Tomas2020 said:

A stop-loss order is an automatic order to buy or sell a financial instrument once its price reaches a certain level, known as the "stop price". The system is implemented automatically, which gives you the ability to not monitor your transactions continuously. It also serves as a protection against major losses.

I haven't seen this kind of feature in yobit is it there?

Yes, of course, the stop loss feature is very important and its activation assures that you are a professional trader because it is considered a safety button in order to stop or limit your loss in case you are not following the market.

When I enter a deal the first thing I do is set a stop loss because it is a very useful feature and it protects you from a large loss if the price drops significantly.

I am very happy to be here to help everyone,
If you benefit from my comment, do not forget to click on  ❤️

But in some cases, I rely on closing the candle, and I do not place a manual stop loss because most of the time, it is a false break and the price returns to rise again

I am very happy to be here to help everyone,
If you benefit from my comment, do not forget to click on  ❤️

If it's me I will choose my stop loss point around 1-3% below my target point. Everyone might be different. But choosing your stop loss point could help you most of the time to avoid making a huge loses

Set a stop lose points and sell this automatically so you not need to worry,  download blockfolio application so that you  can set notifactio when some of your coins going to dump 

2 hours ago, Basel098 said:

To be honest, I don't use the Stop Loss feature. The currency can drop to the limit and rise suddenly

Hello my friend and I also do not do this by using the stop loss and I wish you good luck