My Comment was changed in Other Language - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Interface User

My Comment was changed in Other Language

I just found this when other user quoted me in the topic "Crypto Compare vs CoinMarketCap". My case started when my comment was changed in another language after the user quoted me. Look at the photo below.

Original Comment:

IMG_20191227_192918.jpg.3e055d0afbb6faf9069cd6da683f4689.jpg

The Quoted Comment (I think a bug):

IMG_20191227_192240.jpg.c01e9b07c9b9df075554c7021f112557.jpg

I hope this will fix soon because it can become a way to confuse others unless if that bug is only applicable to me and cannot be seen by others. I hope I can't get violation in that. Thank you in advanced guys.

• Useful or interesting 1

I don't know why, this is the first time I see something like that, and you are the only member I think who faced this kind of problems, so I suggest you to contact the admins because the solution is in their hands, only them

13 hours ago, Interface User said:

I just found this when other user quoted me in the topic "Crypto Compare vs CoinMarketCap". My case started when my comment was changed in another language after the user quoted me. Look at the photo below.

Original Comment:

I hope this will fix soon because it can become a way to confuse others unless if that bug is only applicable to me and cannot be seen by others. I hope I can't get violation in that. Thank you in advanced guys.

I think theres nothing to worry much about this? Its a vietnamese language, your post was just translated into another language maybe because the user who quoted you is vietnamese and her phone settings automatic translate it to their native language?im not so sure,just my opinion.

3 hours ago, Awaremooner said:

I've seen things like this before especially when someone quote my comment in a reply. I usually think the member that quoted the comment translated it to the language for better understanding of the comment

I think you have point in that. Thank you for helping me in this stuffs and I'm surprised that forum have that feature. I hope my problem was solved now.

I have no idea how to changed it to the other language just by quoting, i think its phone or desktop are default to that language, so that when he/she quoted that the language is being changed, this is my opinion only, you can correct me guys if i'm wrong. Happy posting.

@Interface User

My post too got converted into other language and this was happening from along time and the admin told they will take care, but they may be unable to find the real culprit where it was happening.

I see even on my android all of Aliexpress site converted into Russian as it was always showing in Russian language. I am facing this problem first time as it never happened to me.

Here is an example post of mine how it went,

8 minutes ago, mansoorndb said:

Because you used google chrome , thats why google automatically translate language

I used FireFox browser because the Google Chrome is laggy in my Android phone. But someone said that is the other features of Forum so no bug found. Thanks.

14 minutes ago, cryptosix said:

@Interface User

My post too got converted into other language and this was happening from along time and the admin told they will take care, but they may be unable to find the real culprit where it was happening.

I see even on my android all of Aliexpress site converted into Russian as it was always showing in Russian language. I am facing this problem first time as it never happened to me.

Here is an example post of mine how it went,

Oh really? Some people said this is happened because of default settings in the browser so the comment is auto translated. So you consult it to the admin right? Is there any response now?

10 minutes ago, Interface User said:

Oh really? Some people said this is happened because of default settings in the browser so the comment is auto translated. So you consult it to the admin right? Is there any response now?

They said in the past I think, one month back they they will correct it, however we are still facing the problem so they didn't corrected it yet.

I suggest you should contact that user who posted and see what his reply and let us too know. I am hoping the problem will get resolve soon.

2 minutes ago, cryptosix said:

They said in the past I think, one month back they they will correct it, however we are still facing the problem so they didn't corrected it yet.

I suggest you should contact that user who posted and see what his reply and let us too know. I am hoping the problem will get resolve soon.

I'm confused right now, who is correct or what. Because other user said the people who quoting may translate your comment because sometimes they cannot understand it and they said that's normal. I think I believe in you because you contacted the admin.

On 12/27/2019 at 7:34 PM, Interface User said:

I hope this will fix soon because it can become a way to confuse others unless if that bug is only applicable to me and cannot be seen by others.

It could quite be an annoyance, but this is what really happened:

1. You made your comment on English.
  2. The one who quoted you is in a different place with the language set to different than English. As we know, browsers such as Google Chrome provide an automatic translation tool* for webpages on a different language, and the one who quoted you must have used it, changing all the words in the webpage.
    • This tool is the one you see with the message "The webpage is on <DifferentLanguage>. Do you want to translate it to <NativeLanguage>?". This is most famous on Google Chrome browser.
  3. He quoted you normally, but with different text. And thus when he published, the quoted text is different.
  4. His reply is obviously in English since it is the required language in the forum.

I hope I can't get violation in that.

No, you won't. The comment was not yours in the first place. No worries about that.

• Useful or interesting 1

1 hour ago, PiroSense said:

It could quite be an annoyance, but this is what really happened:

1. You made your comment on English.
  2. The one who quoted you is in a different place with the language set to different than English. As we know, browsers such as Google Chrome provide an automatic translation tool* for webpages on a different language, and the one who quoted you must have used it, changing all the words in the webpage.
    • This tool is the one you see with the message "The webpage is on <DifferentLanguage>. Do you want to translate it to <NativeLanguage>?". This is most famous on Google Chrome browser.
  3. He quoted you normally, but with different text. And thus when he published, the quoted text is different.
  4. His reply is obviously in English since it is the required language in the forum.

No, you won't. The comment was not yours in the first place. No worries about that.

Thank you for reminding me sir/maam. This is big help for me. So in short the quoted comment is in the browser feature itself. But is this normal when I use the FireFox browser and still see the translated comment?

10 hours ago, Interface User said:

I'm confused right now, who is correct or what. Because other user said the people who quoting may translate your comment because sometimes they cannot understand it and they said that's normal. I think I believe in you because you contacted the admin.

Do not grieve, nothing happens and they answered you. It is a matter of translator as well he told you Awaremooner

19 hours ago, Awaremooner said:

I've seen things like this before especially when someone quote my comment in a reply. I usually think the member that quoted the comment translated it to the language for better understanding of the comment

I show you some examples in several languages:

16 hours ago, Interface User said:

Ich bin im Moment verwirrt, wer richtig ist oder was. Weil andere Benutzer sagten, die Leute, die zitieren, könnten Ihren Kommentar übersetzen, weil sie ihn manchmal nicht verstehen und sagten, das sei normal. Ich glaube, ich glaube an dich, weil du den Administrator kontaktiert hast

16 hours ago, Interface User said:

我现在很困惑,谁是正确的或什么。因为其他用户说引用的人可能会翻译您的评论,因为有时他们听不懂,所以这很正常。我想我相信您,因为您已与管理员联系

No alarm please...

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

7 hours ago, alexisfuentes said:

Do not grieve, nothing happens and they answered you. It is a matter of translator as well he told you Awaremooner

I show you some examples in several languages:

No alarm please...

Okay I enlighten right now thank you for helping in this confusion I face. Sorry for disturbing you guys I just want explanation because I am 3 weeks old only. Thank you again guys.

Thera are many problems that facing cryptotalk user in the forum editor and in the replying. When only once use quote button. He will not able to remove quoted text in forum editor.

35 minutes ago, Warrior said:

I never experienced like this anytime. Maybe you have some extra translator on your device so that you have experience like this

You are quite lucky that you are not experiencing that kind of problem or error. But I think it's not about extra translator, maybe their is just a problem on the backend or the program of this forum that why it happens.

12 hours ago, Interface User said:

But is this normal when I use the FireFox browser and still see the translated comment?

Actually, all of us would see the translated comment, since while the one who replied quoted you, the text quoted there is already translated by the browser itself. The way the translation works is that it replaces totally the texts in the user of the translation, and thus that is what is pushed in the servers back when he quotes you.

Short answer, it's normal, and we all see it, not just you. 🙂

Original Comment:

Indeed yes,

personally it's not my first time to see this thing, and also happen to me that "my comment was change to other language" personally i do believe that the user who quote message uses language translator to fully understand the message in their local language, and i think nothing is wrong with it.

It also happens to me oftenly when someone quoted me about my certain post. The creepy part was when I click the quoted post to my post was gone and I don't know what happen. 

Hello my friend
This is a mistake made by the person who responded to your topic, he is using the translation, and he forgot to translate the post into the English language.

the person quoted your reply before that reply may be changed the language by the user.so that it shows like this language after that i think.people may have the option to change language and see reply

I have faced this problem more times but i couldn't understand why i am facing this problem. when anyone quote my reply it show in another language.

Yes it can be a bug but its very difficult to fix it up i have seen many of the users facing such problems i am also not able to recognize that why the languages get changed into the other.

This is the bug that's it is always happened to many members in forum that's if someone quoted you, what's he quoted you will appear as Russian

Original Comment:

Yes, it is a bug. I experienced the same problem as you before. I think since there are sites that ask us if we want to change languages because it is not the language we are used to. I think it is recorded if that user changed his or her language.

I haven't fave any problem like this yet.But it might have happened because some users who doesn't understand English may have translated your posts in their local language and posted like that and it tend to remain in the translated way.