How to avoid theft, scams, and any other loss of funds. - Page 13 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Digicoin

How to avoid theft, scams, and any other loss of funds.

You just have to do your own research and if you aren't satisfied enough So there is nothing wrong asking the audience here about what they feel about a particular crypto coin and token, if it has bad reputation or scam accusation you will get the good answers.

@Dark Shadow friend the only way to access your account by the scammers and also the hackers is your private keys. In. Which your account balance and other digital currencies are safe. But for their security I use the the 2 fa function to avoid the attacks of these scammers. But I don't know what about the other members. Everyone has it's own opinion.

Edited by Zafarwaheed

This would be better titled how to secure your crypto assets, as there have been cases of people getting scammed and opening their wallets to send crypto to scammers or giving their private keys to scam websites so there is always need to keep getting informed about the scammers and how they plan to steal the crypto we own.

• +2 1

18 hours ago, Zafarwaheed said:

@Dark Shadow friend the only way to access your account by the scammers and also the hackers is your private keys. In. Which your account balance and other digital currencies are safe. But for their security I use the the 2 fa function to avoid the attacks of these scammers. But I don't know what about the other members. Everyone has it's own opinion.

That is a great way to protect your account. The 2FA authentication method makes it almost impossible for anyone to get into your account. I also prefer this method because it makes your account and balance safe and secure.

BitCNY giving away 1500$ worth of tokens

Bot Link: https://t.me/BitCnyBot?start=r03654319640

Ends/Withdrawal: 15 January

I do not use any of these methods, but I have never been robbed or scammed, simply everything depends on experience and experience. The more time I spend in the field, the more you are keen on your money and the more you learn how to protect it.

• +2 1

This is a good advice because when you generate your keys online then hackers might be able to steal your data but if you generate it in an offline environment then your money is safe and you don't have to worry about being scammed 

• +3 1

Even doing all these like generating the keys in an offline computer may not be perfect protection as if the computer was already online sometime there is still a chance a malware to be active. Still this is extreme and all these are for industrial espionage and probably not for the simple users. You can't expect someone to learn all these and do them correctly.

• +2 1

On 12/23/2019 at 1:04 PM, Digicoin said:

Generate your private keys in a secure, offline environment

Except if using little amounts, in which cases keys may be created in a hot wallet but otherwise offline wallet it better and the safest.

Create backups of your private keys

This helps to protect against the loss of your bitcoin due to hard drive failure.

Encrypt wallets to provide additional security

This helps prevent the physical theft of your funds in the event that your device or hardware wallet is stolen. 

Security is very important in everyone's life. Most especially how to secure our funds is very important.Thank you very much for this wonderful information about how to secure our money

• Useful or interesting 1

crypto currency anonymously and even the creator of crypto currency is also anonymous, so prevent thieves from getting our informations

• +1 1

Avoid phising too and don't follow websites blindly. Do a whois check and also try doing internet research as it always helps. The most important of all is not act quickly. It is the only moment you need to take a step back and think about everything. If you can't think clearly leave it for another day.

On 12/23/2019 at 7:04 AM, Digicoin said:

Except if using little amounts, in which cases keys may be created in a hot wallet but otherwise offline wallet it better and the safest.

This helps to protect against the loss of your bitcoin due to hard drive failure.

This helps prevent the physical theft of your funds in the event that your device or hardware wallet is stolen. 

Thank you very much friend for your publication, it is very important to keep the private keys safe, this allows us to stay safe from malicious people, I am sure that many will benefit from your publication...

Thats trues, we should store our private keys in a safe place and also a backup of the keys, because losing them is like laing the entire wallet and what we have store inside. 

• +2 1

Yeah agreed mate. It is our duty to secure our wallet. Now most of the platform uses 2fa security which is a very good secure system. I strongly recommend everyone to do that to protect their asstes. If are in Cryptocurrency then we must avoid the spammers who tries to steal our money. They may want our address to give us money but we shouldn't give them. Any message from unknown person that offers you money,must be blocked immediately.

Yes is good we should secure our wallet from scams. Because scams have difference way difference method of attacking you wallet don't share you private with any one

brother your question it is long but i will explain a lot to understand just listen to me , so first off There is one simple rule - never share your password with anyone and watch very attentively everything while you are making transactions or surfing on the internet , so that all i have about your question so good luck for us , peace .

We cant control on theft and scammers but cyber crime control them easily. We should check our security and never give password to any one so crypto is save from scammers and there is nothing theft here so we should try to give new ideas on crypto

If you want to protect your personal data then don't download and unknown apps and don't download any junk file, you have to remember your password, we have to store our private key also because this is so important for us.

• +2 1

If you look at the subject from another way ... if someone comes to you who wants to hack your accounts ... Hackers are people with high IQs will find a way to penetrate you
But what you mentioned above .. is the maximum degree of protection that an ordinary person can take.

You need to have strong backup when you register on any wallet to recover your keys in case you lose them. Then you have to be very careful regarding scammers while you are trading online 

• +4 1

Absolutely we are have too be extra careful because scams are in every where we should never share our key with any one 

The only thing that you need to do to avoid this kind of actions by those kinds of people is to not trust anybody about giving your any information that involves yourself. You should always be vigilant about all your actions like do not just click randomly to platforms that are suspicious enough to steal money from you by fraud. Anything that you think that is suspicious must be a reminder for you of not giving any information about you at all because they would use it to you to gain access of your account and to steal the assets that you have.

• +1 1

Certainly, not all the keys should be in one place. Otherwise, losing a mobile phone could mean a loss of thousands of dollars and possibly millions for the owners of large capital.
A key can be linked to your home computer to confirm transfers from account to account.

This will give you some time if you are stolen.

• +1 1

On 12/23/2019 at 5:04 PM, Digicoin said:

Thank you dear friend for sharing this helpful information to secure our wallets. I was looking for this information. Now I will follow your recommendation to secure my wallets from thief. 

On 12/9/2020 at 2:29 PM, Corybarlog said:

Yes, if we want our personal data to be protected, of course we have to make the safest key. Make a password on paper and later if you forget we can see it again, offline wallet is also good to avoid scammers..

Yes it's a very good adea to create an offline wallet, hackers find it difficult to get access to offline wallet because it does not require any internet connection.  And we should also make sure that we create strong passwords.  @Biojay

32 minutes ago, Husnyjaf said:

Yes it's a very good adea to create an offline wallet, hackers find it difficult to get access to offline wallet because it does not require any internet connection.  And we should also make sure that we create strong passwords.  @Biojay

Yes I agree with you mate, creating an offline wallet will really help us to avoid scammers but I don't really know of any offline wallet maybe it is because I'm new in the crypto system, but having an offline wallet with a very strong password will surely avoid us from being scammed.

• +1 1