Was Bitcoin real the first decentralized Crypto? - Page 8 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

Was Bitcoin real the first decentralized Crypto?

The idea was long before, only now that it is already known that the first was Bitcoin, it is not known for sure if before that there were attempts to create others but the one that did break it was bitcoin and create a cryptographic revolution

The idea was long before, only now that it is already known that the first was Bitcoin, it is not known for sure if before that there were attempts to create others but the one that did break it was bitcoin and create a cryptographic revolution

İn 2004 the xrp wa founded. But it's still not used until 2010 , 

İn 2008 the world hear for the first two me about the btc

Bu i  think the xrp is too old from byc

I think its easy to say that ALL alt coins are now so high cuz blockchain technology so you can say thre would be no alt coins(not so high in market) with out BTC. BTC and its technology will be core for future technologies cuz when something is closed every one to open that thing and when every one can coppy that thing no one is interested.

İt is not decentralized cryptocurrency. It is the first crypocurrency to be centralized. It is clear who founded it and where.

It was the first, unless they had hidden other programs before it did not work, but I do not believe this, and in fact this is a distinction that distinguishes it, and therefore it will still rise more in its price in the coming years in addition to other things such as its ability, strength and marketing ....

Many say that Bitcoin is not the first cryptocurrency, but rather they attribute that to the Ripple currency, and I think or this is correct and you can search on Google

Whitout a doubt BTC was the first descentralized crypto-currency and it was an idea that was not born in the decade of the 2000´s but long before a new form of money was divised that was descentralized; for years people worket an a project until it was finally launched to the public and until now we have BTC lovely ❤️ 

bitcoin fue el primer activo criptográfico descentralizado que llegó al mercado. XRP está centralizado, este activo está formado por bancos que controlan la moneda, por lo que no está descentralizado. satoshi nakamoto, su idea era crear un activo global para todos y sus restricciones, donde nadie lo controlaría, por supuesto. Pero las grandes ballenas son las que controlan el mercado de bitcoins.

yeah it was first. satoshi was the first idea that has written article about bitcoin. so it was absolutely first decentralizited crypto ever

IMHO, I believe its YES Bitcoin was the first decentralized cryptocurrency that was made and released, and I don't think the Ripple project was started is 2004 or maybe the idea is already exist but during that time the technology is not available yet, that's why the credit goes to the person who deliver and made it, which satoshi nakamoto who made the Bitcoin and launch it in 2009. 

• +2 1
  • +3 1

The ripple that was created in 2004 was not a crypto currency, it was digital but far from being a crypto. Its original brand was Ripplepay. Its crypto version called XRP was issued in 2011 which was after BTC

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +3 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               

Ripple was created before Bitcoin but it was not a digital crypto asset. It's crypto version came after the introduction of Bitcoin in currency market. 

On 12/13/2019 at 9:40 AM, teminalibug said:

I juts found out that Ripple/XRP it's development trace back in 2004 even though it;s release was in 2012,

While Bitcoin was first released in 2009, makes me wonder is bitcoin the very first Idea of cryptocurrency, or there were other failed projects?!!

Ripple/XRP was not really a cryptocurrency by then I believe it was just like a digital means of payments, I believe even untill these moments, Ripple is not completely seen as a perfect crypto currency, 

All the projects that started before btc where not all the successful, so yes, bitcoin is actually the first fully decentralized cryptocurrency 

• +2 3
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

Bitcoin was this exactly, you are right. It was the first decentralized cryptocurrency and the first cryptocurrency that succeeded too probably because it was decentralized. I am think that Satoshi was a person that found the solution to the stability and security with the decentralization.

• Useful or interesting 2

Bitcoin is decentralized because there is nobody in charge. Most of the altcoins are less decentralized, also Bitcoin was the first one that worked, but there were more digital coins previously with cryptography.

• +2 1

On 12/13/2019 at 10:40 AM, teminalibug said:

the very first Idea of cryptocurrency, or there were other failed projects?!!

There were other projects that failed and some that didn't start but were at a theoritical level. There was Digicah, Bmoney Bitgold and more. You can find their history here on this link:

https://medium.com/hashmart-blog/the-history-of-first-cryptocurrencies-before-bitcoin-6eccebca152a

• +1 2

The previous currencies that existed were not decentralized. With decentralization using the blockchain Satoshi managed to create a different system that couldn't be affected by double spending which was the big problem of the previous digital currency attempts.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Cypherpunks were always in the quest for the first working crypto or digital currency. They were ahead of any research done by banks and had some good ideas before Bitcoin but nothing was successful. Satoshi explained the problem was centralization so he created Bitcoin in a decentralized way to counter the problems faced so far.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

Yes, I have read a lot about it, Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency that was decentralized and successful. In the whitepaper Satoshi explains he was inspired by previous efforts like B-Money from Wei Dai and based the decentralization and blockchain on Hachcash by Adam Back. Hashcash wasn't a currency but a method to reduce spam in networks, but it contained the Proof of Work system and was the basis to create the blockchain.

Whether there are earlier coins than bitcoin or not, only Bitcoin has a proven blockchain algorithm that has gained the confidence of people to invest in it and made it what it is now. Any other crypto that had not really launched before bitcoin is not really relevant.

• +1 1

I don't know exactly the history of the digital coins but it was Bitcoin considered the first that used a decentralized system with mining, proof of work and consensus that was the blockchain. It is probably the first one as the previous that existed were not decentralized.

• +3 1

BTC is the first crypto project that succeeded in attracting the attention of many people because of its decentralized characteristics. This is what many people desire. Bitcoin is a sophisticated breakthrough in money transfer technology.

• +1 1

I juts found out that Ripple/XRP it's development trace back in 2004 even though it;s release was in 2012

It was some network that was created by Ryan Fugger in 2004 and it was supposed to be decentralized but Ripple as it was developed in 2012 is not decentralized. It is a centralized company having and endless ICO of hundreds of billions of coins being sold by the company eternally while the network is also under Ripple control.

• +3 1

I don't know what you've read but XRP isn't decentralized. Perhaps there were plans from someone to create some fast way to transfer money but there was no cryptocurrency and no blockchain in 2004. You probably read that someone had this idea and had created something, a part of what is now the Ripple network.

I juts found out that Ripple/XRP it's development trace back in 2004 even though it;s release was in 2012,

While Bitcoin was first released in 2009, makes me wonder is bitcoin the very first Idea of cryptocurrency, or there were other failed projects?!!

I remember something about Ripple being passed to McCaleb in 2012 but I wasn't very interested in the story of this coin. It didn't have nothing to do with XRP though. It was only a mechanism to make transactions but no cryptocurrency was there.

• +2 1