What is the different between alts and Bitcoin? - Page 9 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Delgboke

What is the different between alts and Bitcoin?

As for the objective, there is no difference, it is always sought to be a p2p digital payment method. If we talk about individual cryptocurrencies, the difference is in the algorithms in which they work and in the type of encryption they use, resulting in different technologies, each with a different objective, some for savings, others for quick payments, others for anonymous transactions and , of course, in the price that each of these cryptocurrencies handles, they usually quote differently.

• +1 1

Just because many beginners have this question and I was one too, only Bitcoin is not an altcoin. Ethereum is also an altcoin. When I started I thought that the top 5 cryptocurrencies could not be called altcoins as it was making them smaller and putting ethereum next to very low cap coins. It is not the same but they are all altcoins.

• +1 1

OK, well both of them have a same characteristic, it is that both of them are Cryptocurrency. Although Bitcoin is considered the father of many Cryptocoins. So Bitcoin is the father and altcoins are others cryptocurrency that stay in the market too! like Bitcoins they are grow up in the future! 

The difference is that Bitcoin was the first and the rest that followed we call them altcoins. Easy to find and it is all over the internet.

• Useful or interesting 1

To put it simply Bitcoin good, invest blindly but find a legit exchange and not a fake one to buy or just buy from an ATM near you. Altcoins some are good most are not and higher risk as investment.

alt mean alternative market to bitcoin there are many alternative coins against bitcoin which you can buy and sell for making profit the demand and supply of any alt coin decide the prcice of the coin , the more inflation to a currency could be dangerous.

• +1 1

Bitcoin is the king of crypto and created in 2009 by someone on behalf of Satoshi Nakamoto, bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency at the moment. Whereas altcoin is an alternative to bitcoin that provides various types of cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum, Litecoin and all cryptocurrencies. Altcoins exist because they fulfill a limited bitcoin need.

• +1 1

ALT coin are the other coins without the BTC becasue BTC is a king of all coins and that run all the crypto market and when the BTC is go to high all he other ALT coins is go to high and when the BTC

• Useful or interesting 2

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 12/7/2019 at 5:12 PM, Mursanna said:

I only know that the difference between bitcoin and altcoin in terms of price and profit alone. Bitcoin is far more expensive than altcoin and bitcoin is far more profitable than altcoin.

Well there is more to that because bitcoin tends to be available in all exchanges and also more respected than all other crypto currencies. Altcoins also have their own features that bitcoin lacks which is speed. Altcoins takes minutes to arrive in your wallet while bitcoin would take hours. 

• Useful or interesting 2

Bitcoin is the care for of cryptocurrency, therefore altcoin is like the brood of bitcoin itself. impartial saying, you may possibly learn a number of other word that fits of laughter that description. Altcoin is altenative coin, they partake of a senior make available than bitcoin and more often than not added cheaper�� 

On 12/7/2019 at 4:01 PM, Delgboke said:

I have been hearing altcoins since I came to know about cryptocurrency so I want to really know what differentiate altcoins and Bitcoin, for you that has been in the industry for a long time what do you have to say? 

Altcoins age basically coins that are not bitcoin. There are a lot of them in existence and it is very difficult to find those that trade. I think that you should only stick to those that have good market capitalization so as not to risk too much if your money.

Both altcoin and bitcoin is a decentralized crypto currency..  Actually there has no big differences between alt and bitcoin except it price..  As far as i know altcoin get created just for over come the btc price..  In 2011 the first altcoin was create and name is litecoin but unfortunately it didnt show any great performance..  For this reason day by day different kind of altcoin invented.. From all of  altcoin eth is the best altcoin still..              

• +3 2

Altcoins are the other cryptocurrencies introduced after the success of Bitcoin and some of the main types of altcoins include mining-based cryptocurrencies, stablecoins, security tokens, and utility tokens where Ethereum and Ripple are the largest altcoins by market capitalization

Yes alt coins are the alternative of bitcoin..because everyone wants some alternative option for something.but there is not a big difference between th alt coins and bitcoin..they both work on their some specified algorithms 

Really it was not so hard to find and a simple search was enough for me to know for the first time I read about altcoins and this is everything else except Bitcoin. I don't think you need so simplistic questions that you can google search and find there is only one answer.

I remember having this question in my mind too when I first heard the term. I remember having seen the list of cryptocurrencies in coinmarketcap and I was impressed with all the cryptocurrencies there were as well as with all their cool names. Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin. When I heard the term altcoin I thought it was just about some other coins that were not very good like these, but it seems that it was a term about everything else except Bitcoin.

Altcoin is an alternative crypto currency to bitcoin, launched after Bitcoin was a huge success. In short, altcoins are an alternative to bitcoin because they tend to improve and overcome the limitations and features of the Bitcoin protocol. Examples of altcoins, ETH, Ripple and Litecoin. So the difference is in the year it was launched and also the function of each cryptocurrency.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

altcoins are digital alternatives to bitcoin many altcoins are a fork of Bitcoin and were developed using the Bitcoin open source protocol

• +2 1

On 12/7/2019 at 6:34 PM, bliznec said:

You need to check at coinmarketcap.com and you can see the distinctive features of a particular cryptocurrency. Not all altcoins depend on the course of bitcoin. 

For example, I choose up to 50 top cryptocurrencies and it does not matter altcoin and just a token. The main thing is to stick to the top. 

To be the coin or to be the token doesn't means coin will be better than token, so thats token can have best marketcap than a coin, but they have different in features such as coin is mined but token cannot be mined. 

• +4 1

There is no significant difference between these two coins because they are both cryptocurrencies. When the value of one increases, the value of the other decreases at the same time.According to my research Altcoin comes after Bitcoin.And if i talk about the best altcoin then Ethereum comes at the top

• +3 1

Apart from being the first to emerge, and being the reference for all other currencies, there is no substantial difference between the btc and alt coins. Of course, every coin has its own particularity, but something that defines the alt coins and the btc does not exist.

• +1 1

Bitcoin is the mother currency and was introduced in the year 2009, after which the alternative currencies were introduced, each with its advantages and disadvantages, but Bitcoin remains the best until this hour.

Although each currency differs in its functions, development and purpose from the other, what unites it is the basic word cryptocurrency simply, this necessitates the existence of a digital currency that is created and secured by the encryption process, and the art of coding or deciphering digital codes and it is noticeable that Bitcoin was the first to  Lay the foundations for the idea of "decentralization" completely in the field of cryptography.

• +5 1

Alt coin are everything else in the market except bitcoin. I think bitcoin is the king and authentic coin which will always stay in the top position of the market. 

I believe any other coin apart from Bitcoin is an altcoin, cryptocurrencies like etherium, litecoin, Doge and trons are all example of altcoins, Bitcoin stands alone as it is considered the God of cryptocurrency

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Команда TON раздаст $600 000 трейдерам и держателям NFT   TON Foundation раздает 105 600 TON (~$600 000) самым активным трейдерам и держателям NFT на маркетплейсах Getgems, xRare и TON Diamonds. Вознаграждения распределят между 2061 пользователем, который торговал или держал NFT на этих платформах в период с 11 по 23 апреля.   Количество баллов рассчитывается с учетом числа проданных коллекций, сделок и объема торгов. В зависимости от этого каждый пользователь получит от 40 до 70 TON. Ранее разработчики блокчейна The Open Network обьявили о снижении размера комиссии за транзакции внутри сети в 2,5 раза.  Взято из источника - https://forklog.com/news/komanda-ton-razdast-600-000-trejderam-i-derzhatelyam-nft
    • 🚀 NeuralSphere Bounty Campaign 🚀 Earn NSPH tokens by helping democratize AI investment through our bounty campaign! Bounty Campaign Details: Total Bounty Budget: $20,000 in NSPH tokens Campaign Duration: April 29, 2024 - May 26, 2024 Final Tally and Payment: Rewards will be distributed within 30 days after the campaign conclusion 🔔 Important: Participants are expected to behave in a civil and respectful manner. Spam or abusive conduct will lead to immediate disqualification and a ban. Telegram Bounty (50% of rewards): Join our Telegram Group:Click here to join Registration:Fill out the registration form and post your welcome message in the CryptoTalk thread using the format below. Weekly Tasks:     Distribute ICO-related materials and links ICO NSPH.     Post at least 5 meaningful messages per week within our group.     Weekly Report Submission: Report your activities in the CryptoTalk thread. Report Format: #WEEK: [Insert week number] #TELEGRAM USERNAME: [Your Telegram Username] #POSTS: [Links to your 5+ messages] Twitter Bounty (50% of rewards): Follow our Twitter Page:Follow us on Twitter Registration:Fill out the registration form and post your welcome message in the CryptoTalk thread using the format below. Weekly Tasks:     Retweet and comment on ICO-related posts. ICO NSPH     Create at least 1 original tweet per week that highlights the ICO, using designated hashtags.     Minimum: 5 retweets per week.     Weekly Report Submission: Report your activities in the CryptoTalk thread. Report Format: #WEEK: [Insert week number] #TWITTER USERNAME: [Your Twitter Username] #TWEETS: [Links to your tweets] #RETWEETS: [Links to your retweets] Registration Post Format: #PROOF OF REGISTRATION CryptoTalk Username: [Your Username] CryptoTalk Profile Link: [Your Profile Link] Telegram Username: [Your Telegram Username, if participating in Telegram tasks] Twitter Username: [Your Twitter Username, if participating in Twitter tasks] BSC Wallet Address: [Your Wallet Address] Check the registration and task completion spreadsheet for tracking. Why Join Our Bounty?   Participate in our bounty to support a transparent and accessible platform for AI investments. Earn rewards while helping to grow a community around innovative blockchain solutions. Visit our Website | Join our Telegram | Follow us on Twitter Thank you for your participation and support!        
    • Marathon Digital пересмотрели свою цель по хэшрейту на 2024 год с 35-37 эксахэшей в секунду (ЭХ/с) до 50 ЭХ/с после недавних приобретений, которые расширили их емкость. В пресс-релизе от 25 апреля генеральный директор Marathon Фред Тиль заявил, что компания потенциально может удвоить масштабы добычи в 2024 году благодаря дополнительным мощностям. Тиль также подтвердил, что новая цель будет «полностью профинансирована» без необходимости привлечения дополнительного капитала.   Недавно компания приобрела установку по добыче биткойнов мощностью 200 мегаватт у Digital Applied за 87,3 миллиона долларов в марте, а два дополнительных объекта общей мощностью 390 мегаватт были приобретены у Generate Capital за 179 миллионов долларов в декабре. В настоящее время скорость хэширования операций Marathon составляет 24,7 EH/с, что опережает платформы Core Scientific и Riot, у которых скорость хеширования составляет 16,9 EH/с и 12,4 EH/с соответственно по индексу хешрейта. Если Marathon достигнет своей цели в 50 EH/s, он увеличит свою скорость хэширования более чем на 100% с начала 2024 года. По данным Google Finance, акции Marathon (MARA) упали на 0,42% до $19,01 25 апреля, а затем выросли на 3,05% на торгах после этого объявления.     . Цена акций MAR в долларах США | Источник: Google Финансы.   Marathon вырос более чем на 15% с тех пор, как 20 апреля на блоке 840 000 произошло четвертое событие халвинга биткойнов – тенденция, которую разделяют и другие майнеры в этом секторе. Большая часть первоначального спроса на блоке 840 000 была вызвана поклонниками мемкоинов и невзаимозаменяемых токенов, конкурирующих за возможность записать и выгравировать «редкие сатоши» через протокол Runes. По данным YCharts, несмотря на этот всплеск, к 24 апреля комиссии за транзакции упали до $28,20. Поскольку сектор крипто-майнинга демонстрирует устойчивый рост, другие компании по добыче биткойнов, такие как Riot Platforms, также показывают значительные движения на рынке. 23 апреля акции Riot выросли более чем на 20% на фоне оптимистичных оценок аналитиков , прогнозирующих существенный рост финансовых показателей компании.
    • Рады представить новое направление обмена монеты XLM на популярные банки Украины - NeoBank, A-Bank, Izi bank, Приват 24, ПУМБ, Моно Банк, а также у Вас есть возможность осуществить вывод криптовалюты на платежные системы ADV Cash. Мы предлагаем множество вариантов вывода токенов на популярные банки по выгодным курсам.XLM – это одна из самых распространенных блокчейн-сетей, у которой открытый исходный код. Этот токен отличается скоростью проведения транзакций и низкими комиссиями. Высокая производительность сети обеспечивается не только инновациями, но и качественными анти-спам механизмами.У нас Вы с легкостью можете провести вывод XLM – на популярные банковские направления и платежные системы.Возникли вопросы? Наша служба поддержки быстро обработает Ваш зарос и даст профессиональный ответ на возникший вопрос.   Сотрудничество Telegram: @kingsexchange_global Email: kingsexchangeee@gmail.com   Поддержка Telegram: @kingsexchange_support Email: support@kingsexchange.global   Наш официальный Instagram: kingsexchange.global
    • Согласно иску SEC, генеральный директор Geosyn Mining Калеб Джозеф Уорд (Caleb Joseph Ward) и бывший операционный директор Джереми Джордж МакНатт (Jeremy George McNutt) обманули около 64 инвесторов. В период с ноября 2021 года по декабрь 2022 года руководители Geosyn заключили соглашения о покупке и запуске оборудования для майнинга от имени клиентов за определенную плату.   Регулятор утверждает, что у Geosyn были заключены контракты с поставщиками дешевой электроэнергии, однако клиентам предъявлялись расходы на 40-50% выше. Уорд и МакНатт заверяли инвесторов, что из 1 400 майнинговых устройств компания не смогла приобрести 400 установок. Причем ее руководители не вводили в эксплуатацию большую часть купленного оборудования. В соглашениях Geosyn с инвесторами было заявлено, что они могут выбирать криптовалюты для майнинга, однако компания отклоняла запросы клиентов, выбирающих не биткоин. SEC уверяет, что Geosyn производила выплаты инвесторам в BTC, чтобы заставить их поверить, будто оборудование для майнинга действительно работает и приносит прибыль. На самом деле организаторы схемы создавали поддельные документы с вымышленной прибылью. По данным SEC, компания должна была заплатить инвесторам $354 500 в биткоинах, однако в ее распоряжении находилось лишь $320 000. Чтобы компенсировать разницу, МакНатт докупил биткоины и перечислил их Уорду, чтобы тот, в свою очередь, передал их инвесторам. Ведомство также утверждает, что руководители Geosyn незаконно присвоили около $1,2 млн и потратили эти деньги на семейную поездку в Диснейлэнд и роскошный образ жизни. В октябре 2022 года МакНатт покинул компанию и связался с властями, обвинив своего партнера в растрате средств, однако о собственных правонарушениях он не рассказал. Учитывая, что Geosyn находилась в тяжелом финансовом положении, в начале 2023 года Уорд разослал инвесторам по электронной почте «долговые расписки», а в июне пообещал подать заявление о банкротстве, чего так и не произошло, заявила SEC. Регулятор потребовал, чтобы сооснователи компании вернули инвесторам украденные деньги и заплатили штраф.                
    • Выглядит со стороны конечно глупо, но с другой создает ажиотаж вокруг биткоина и поднимает его ценность, а нам это как раз и нужно
    • Приветствуем участников форума! Отличные новости! Наш обменный пункт добавлен в список на мониторинге change.pro Мы открыты к сотрудничеству и всегда готовы к диалогу! Связаться можно через телеграм или через онлайн-чат на нашем сайте.
    • Количество кошельков с биткоинами на сумму от $1 000 выросло   Эксперты Fidelity Digital Assets подчеркнули, что увеличение числа таких кошельков свидетельствует о растущем распространении первой криптовалюты и ее принятии. Это также указывает и на рост числа адресов, которые накапливают и сохраняют биткоин, даже когда растет его стоимость на рынке. По мнению аналитиков, в краткосрочной перспективе у первой криптовалюты будет наблюдаться положительная динамика.   В Fidelity Digital Assets отметили продолжение многолетней тенденции к снижению биткоин-балансов на криптобиржах. Показатель в первом квартале 2024 года снизился на 4,2%, до 2,3 млн BTC, что на 30% ниже максимума 2020 года в 3 млн BTC. В отчете отдельно указана нереализованная прибыль держателей биткоина — к концу первого квартала 2024 года свыше 99% адресов находились в плюсе.   «По мере роста количества прибыльных адресов, распродажа становится более вероятной, поскольку трейдеры и новые инвесторы стремятся зафиксировать позиции», — указано в отчете. Источник - https://ru.investing.com/news/cryptocurrency-news/article-2407146
    • ФБР предостерегло общественность от использования незарегистрированных криптосервисов Согласно федеральным законам США, все платформы, работающие с цифровыми активами, обязаны зарегистрироваться в Сети по борьбе с финансовыми преступлениями (FinCEN). Поэтому, прежде чем начать работу с криптоплатформами, ФБР призвало пользователей проверять их регистрацию в FinCEN. Ведомство отметило, что регистрация в регулирующих органах не доказывает безопасность оказываемых услуг. Это говорит лишь о том, что платформа стремится соответствовать определенным нормативным требованиям. Помимо регистрации, поставщики услуг виртуальных активов (VASP) должны соблюдать правила борьбы с отмыванием денег. ФБР предупредило: пользователям следует осторожнее относиться к платформам, которые не запрашивают имя, дату рождения, адрес и документ, удостоверяющий личность. В противном случае это повышает риск мошенничества и преступной деятельности. Кроме того, наличие криптовалютных сервисов в популярных магазинах приложений вовсе не гарантирует, что эти сервисы работают легально и соответствуют федеральным законам. Напомним, что в период с марта по май 2023 года ФБР конфисковало $1,7 млн в криптовалютах в ходе расследования разных преступлений. Недавно правоохранители предупредили о программе-вымогателе Akira, требующей выкуп в биткоинах. Жертвами вредоносного ПО стали уже более 250 компаний.
    • Доброго времени суток! Наш обменный сервис работает в автоматическом режиме с ПН-ПТ с 10-21 по МСК в СБ и ВС свободный график. Вы можете с легкостью обменять BTC , ETH, LTC, XMR, ETC, ZEC, DOGE, USDT, Tron и многие другие валюты.   Мы обеспечиваем полную анонимность нашим пользователям Наше программное обеспечение гарантирует полную защиту от злоумышленников. Добавлены фиатные направления обмена: крипта-фиат! Ждём Вас - MisterBit ←(можно кликнуть для открытия)