The difference between Digital currencies and cryptocurrencies - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

The difference between Digital currencies and cryptocurrencies

On 11/28/2019 at 10:27 PM, Naylor89 said:

The basic difference is that Digital currency is centralized and controlled by governmants or institutions as Crypto currency is decentralized and free for everybody. first one is more stable than other one.

Both are same there is no difference between the digital currency and also in crypto currency. Both are free and anyone create that. I am also trying to create my own digital currency and so many peoples will create that. Crypto is the future of the world and so many peoples want to legal it.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

57 minutes ago, khan22 said:

Both are same there is no difference between the digital currency and also in crypto currency. Both are free and anyone create that. I am also trying to create my own digital currency and so many peoples will create that. Crypto is the future of the world and so many peoples want to legal it.

How is there no difference between them? There is no significant difference, but there is a difference as we said is that digital is centralized and encoded is decentralized, really you can create you or anyone else cryptocurrency, but what is your project? Do you have a project?

1 hour ago, hmind said:

So whether like usdt, gemini usd, maker, ripple, stellar, and other centralized projects can be said to be a digital currency not a crypto currency.  Is that right or not? 

Yes that's right we can very simply say this: cryptocurrencies is decentralized and digital currency. is centralized That's the fundamental difference>

1 hour ago, TubigWater said:

For me this two are only the same,  they are exist in internet, but digital is by govemrnt and crypto currency are for people  .

You understand things in a wonderful popular way dear, this is already as you say digital currency is by Governments and cryptocurrency are for people. that's is.

As i think that cryptocurrencies are like digital currencies are comes in category of digital because there is no physical presence of it like fiat currency and the major difference among other digital local/foreign currencies from crypto is the decentralization and peer to peer protection system and its own unique transaction way and record

On 11/28/2019 at 2:16 PM, Ilustration said:

So you say crypto currency are decentralized and digital currency are centralize?  There are many crypyocurrency that are centralize like Xrp, I think digital and crypto current are almost the same. 

The fundamental difference is that crypto currencies rely on cryptography. Digital currencies are transmitted over encrypted connections (and hopefully encrypted in-situ as well), but they are basically just a number. You cannot prove a generic digital transaction by just looking at the encrypted hash.

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

All in all, Crypto Currencies is under of Digital Currency because its form or properties is also in digital form. Also Crypto is decentralized.

On 11/28/2019 at 1:37 AM, Crypto123 said:

There are a lot of people and even those who work in the world of Crypto do not know the difference between digital currencies and cryptocurrencies I will put in this topic the most important differences between these two types:

Digital Currencies
One of the types of currencies in the economic system, available only in digital form, which does not have a physical presence that you can use in your daily transactions from paying bills or purchases to others. Subject to a centralized system.
It can also be restricted to a particular group, for example on a social network.

Cryptocurrencies
These are the currencies that have recently emerged as Bitcoin and others, decentralized subject to a highly encrypted system of privacy protection, not subject to any economic regulatory body, its own system or protocol is called Block chain.
Countries have begun to consider adopting the matter seriously, with some beginning to formally recognize cryptocurrencies

This is a good described difference between digital currencies and crypto currencies. The major difference is one the digital currencies are in hands of and executive body but crypto cant be controlled by any body or any executive governments etc. 

On 1/3/2020 at 1:17 PM, Roomi said:

This is a good described difference between digital currencies and crypto currencies. The major difference is one the digital currencies are in hands of and executive body but crypto cant be controlled by any body or any executive governments etc. 

Yes you can say that, the digital currency is centralized and can be controlled by the government or other party, but cryptocurrencies are decentralized and cannot be controlled by anyone.

2 hours ago, thangvn00lc said:

Differences between Cryptocurrency and digital currencies ... Like classic currencies, you can use, transfer or exchange money for another currency. ... The centralized digital currency; There is a group of people and computers adjust the state

It's ok that the digital currency can be likened to a centralized Fiat currency that is controlled by the bank, institution, government, or the like, as well as the digital currency is owned and controlled by a company, institution, or even government.

I understand that digital cryptocurrencies are the dollar and the ruble, which are in digital format. Cryptocurrency is not comparable with digital currencies. 

1 hour ago, Albrdatu said:

Another most attractive discrepancy is that digital riches is safer from cost as it is not hot-tempered and they are new acknowledged by the broadcast for immediately than cryptocurrency

Digital currencies are not safer than cryptocurrencies, both types are not fixed and very volatile in prices, but some agencies or institutions feel that digital currencies are safer because they can be recognized by governments unlike cryptocurrencies that have not been recognized by governments so far.

Thanks for information.digital currencies is satable and traceable and crypto currencies not traceable government cannot control crypto.

Thanks for sharing most fruitful information about crypto currency and digital currency. This is best for new learner which don't have knowledge about crypto currency and digital currency. 

By digital payment am assuming you are talking about the use of online means of money transfer such as paypal and neteller , that those is what you have you send instantly such as from one end to the other say you can put together the best idea to follow this such as you can depost  any currency and everything will be transferred, but crypto currencies are currencies on their own, you dont you can spend them where necessary. am not sure am in the right track in answering your question

Digital currencies are controlled by a particular group or institution or government, where as cryptocurrencies are decentralize currency, that mean it does not have center server,database and not controlled by any one institution, group or government. It is easy with digital currencies to track down the owner of account or transaction but nearly impossible with cryptocurrencies.

Digital currency or e-currency is a medium of exchange, based on the internet. Cryptocurrency can also be called a Digital Currency but not all Digital Currency is Cryptocurrency. Examples of digital currencies are Skrill, Paypal, Perfect Money, E-Wallet, WebMoney. Whereas examples of cryptocurrency are Bitcoin, Eth, Ltc, etc.

Since they exist in such a large number of variations, computerized monetary standards can be considered as substitutions of digital forms of money and cryptocurrencies.bitcoin is most ideal route for gaining

This great definition for them two, I was searching for such data lastly I discovered them, a debt of gratitude is in order for your sharing, good karma for you prospects and gain more bitcoins

10 hours ago, Agios said:

Digital currency or e-currency is a medium of exchange, based on the internet. Cryptocurrency can also be called a Digital Currency but not all Digital Currency is Cryptocurrency. Examples of digital currencies are Skrill, Paypal, Perfect Money, E-Wallet, WebMoney. Whereas examples of cryptocurrency are Bitcoin, Eth, Ltc, etc.

In fact, my friend Skrill, Paypal, Perfect Money are electronic banks and not digital currencies, digital currencies like Ripple, for example, are similar to the cryptocurrency, but differ from them in that they are central and can be controlled by people or institutions.

22 minutes ago, Crypto123 said:

In fact, my friend Skrill, Paypal, Perfect Money are electronic banks and not digital currencies, digital currencies like Ripple, for example, are similar to the cryptocurrency, but differ from them in that they are central and can be controlled by people or institutions.

With your quote I tried to search on Google about Digital currencies and I got the site https://gem.co/crypto-101/what-is-cryptocurrency-2/. An interesting discussion, bro, I added knowledge

Yes, there are some differences in the features between digital currencies and cryptocurrencies, the most important of which is that cryptocurrencies are decentralized and also are not monitored or controlled.

THINK POSITIVE

I don't see any variance between digital currencies and Crypto. I judge thy are similar things. But if we will drive dollars or ruble to our wallets, subsequently they will be digital currency too.

28 minutes ago, thangvn00lc said:

Because they exist in so many variants, digital currencies can be considered as replacements of cryptocurrencies and cryptocurrencies.

If issued by a central bank of a country in a regulated form, it is called the Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC), which plans to launch a technical version. number of their native fiat currencies.

Along with the prescribed CBDC, a digital currency can also exist in an unregulated form. In the latter case, it is eligible to be called a virtual currency and may be under the control of a defined monetary developer, founding organization or network protocol, rather than being controlled by a centralized authority. Examples of such virtual currencies include cryptocurrencies and the monetary system associated with coupons or rewards.

Thank you for this good explanation, but it is not necessarily issued by the central bank until it is called digital currencies, any other governmental or non-governmental body can issue digital currencies. The main idea is that it is centralized and can be controlled by the issuing body.

17 hours ago, Huzaifa said:

Digital currency are physical currencies that can use for paying bill and for purchasing other products
Crypto currencies can not use for daily use and we can not buy products or anything for crypto currencies

Digital currency is not physical currency, they are a general word in which some of the digital currencies are cryptocurrencies.

12 hours ago, Alhassan Salihu said:

From my own understanding both the digital currency and cripto currency are all referred to as digital currency it can be interchangeable only that when it comes to their value of usage in the entire world system then you can then differentiate

There is already a great deal between them, but they are different from each other. Digital currencies differ from cryptocurrencies in being central and controlled by a government agency or institution or the like and this is what makes them acceptable by governments and other institutions.