Why some people think long term holding is bad? - Page 8 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
saintelincon

Why some people think long term holding is bad?

I am one of those who thinks holding assets is a pretty good way depending on the conditions. maybe there will be a time when we need to sell some of the assets we have. but, when it hasn't been seen, holding for long periods of time is not stupid thinking.

• +2 1

You have no control over long-term investment. The truth is, whether you invest in time, the time investment is very important. moreover, it is difficult to recover after a serious loss in long-term investment.

Bitcoin and Crypto can't be deny that nowadays both are popular so far in some of the country. But it is still majority of are still against in digital currency, though in some other merchants businesses all over the world they most often implemented to be accept as payment to their store was Bitcoin, then next was Ethereum, Xrp, Bch, Doge, Loyal, Pundix and Xmr as far as I know. Like for example here in my country Bitcoin, bch, eth, and xrp are being accepted in the exchange we have here.

If people study bitcoins price history then they’ll understand that, those who have held it for the long term are the ones who have made profits. I have always recommended that it’s best to ignore short term fluctuations, and hold it for bigger gains.Hey I too don’t believe that people who hodl for the long term are idiots, in fact I feel the long term holders are visionary’s who are seeing the bigger picture, that small term holders are ignoring

• Useful or interesting 1

On 11/16/2019 at 4:59 PM, myablanop said:

I sinсerеly dо nоw nоt think when you соnsidеr thаt nоt anybоdy has componеnts оf time intо staring at rеplacing оr charts succеssfully to сommit lоng term hоlding is lоusy, so thеir surprisingly great opportunity rеmаins hоlding thеir cryptos.

Really a very good thought and I like the way you think.

In making graphics, you have to understand very well how to use or how to analyze so that you cannot experience a deadlock to determine when prices will rise or fall, that anyone or anyone who does not have a component with an important role then the time to look at the placement of charts successfully through something good.

Warren Buffet is not stupid for buying cheap and selling expensive. The point of view of an investor is very different from that of a speculator, the speculator always takes profits from the small movements of the market, the investor takes profits in the long term.

Those people that are too bored to make profit are stupid. Why would you take the risk of losing your money in short term when you can just relax and wait a longer term to get a sure profit? 

Yes this is true that if you hold any coin for long term it is not good we just need to trade on that coins and make money on daily basis. Making money in crypto market is not so much difficult but i just say you that you need to focus and choose the best coin and also choose the best exchange for trading.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

It all depends on the investor's strategy. It doesn't matter whether you do short term trading or hodling for long term investment, what matters is your own goal and strategy. Profit is still a profit. Do not let greed take over and learn from your mistakes to be a better and wiser investor/trader.

I don't think that people which are held for a long term will get a stress because I think they have a plan that makes them become a hodler and I am sure that they prefer to be a hodler. I think many of us are a hodler too and we still hodl some of the coins we have because we don't want to sell it at a cheap price. but I agree with your word that you get greedy then we are lost and we should avoid become greedy.

time is the greatest deciding force in investments. If you have a good investment then time is going to make the investment grow even more, and imo bitcoin is a great long term oriented investment. There is no need for messing about with short term markets.When you cash your bitcoins out though, you're presented with pieces of paper that if not because of the government would be otherwise consideed quite worthless. So it's quite subject what is real value, and what is not. Some may consider bitcoin as a long term investment and they wouldn't care less about the short term movements in price. But you're right, if you can cash out at the highs and buy at the lows, that would be ideal.

I think that's what most people think because they don't know how to look in the long-term. Everybody wants to get a cool profit in a short period of time as quickly as possible. Maximum monkey behavior.

If someone will be hasty in something, they will be having times where they can't get a good profit.So many life of people was changed because of the change of bitcoin price in time. Who would've known that this would happen right? And I think that being patient is essential to investors because that is what they needed foremost.

People think holding long term is bad because they didn't know what coin they are going to hold. If they just hold a potential coin and hold it for the long term they will surely gain a good profit to it.

Why some people think longterm holding is bad? Hmm maybe because they're mind set is while you are holding for a long time id there's a temptation or there's a possibility that bad thing will happen. 

We have no choice to agree this.Why because the cost of bitcoin is keeps on increasing now a days. If u keeps your bit coin for longer. Whose know even u may become a millionaires. Their is a chance to become a millionaires too.No one can judge the price of the bitcoin in future.

Long-term holding is more suitable for those who have a lot of money which if invested will not be contested, but this can also be done by those who are busy with real-world work so do not have time every day to check their assets in cryptocurrency.

They are very less percent. Most of the or you can say majority of the crypto holders including me think long term holding is good. But You need to know which coins are you holding actually. Always try to hold the major coins not the non major coins. We should look forward top 500 coins always which are listed in different exchanges.

Long term is best,  short term is for normal investors, but what about our life? If we died then who Will guard those coins. 

We usually should use short term as some governments make ban Or dance with us. For this reason short term is the best. 

People think that holding for a long time is bad because it is not easy to predict the future of cryptocurrency, the cryptocurrency market is very volatile making holding for a long time dangerous and could lead to lost of crypto asset value.

1 minute ago, ngoc7542 said:

You mentioned that Bitcoin will be a means of transaction in future. Do you think people will wait a whole day for their transaction to go through and that too after paying huge transaction fees? Our lord and savior will be the lightning network if Bitcoin is to be truly be used for transactions.

This is one of the off side for using Bitcoin as a means of exchange, the slowness in transactions and the price volatility. I don't think this will have sustainability much as I too don't think this will widely used but guess we just have to wait and see.

Earn free Ethereum every 1 Hour

https://free-ethereum.io/?referer=243721

7 hours ago, Shahadatbd said:

They think about it because they thought bitcoin will be scam one times. So they don't want to invest in crypto or in BTC for long time. Sometimes bitcoin price goes down then they thought it is time to gone BTC.

What you say has a point, but it's better to think again for a long time if you don't invest in crypto or bitcoin. Then you can ask your investment coins not to invest first so that your coins don't disappear, they will be on the market.

in my own opinion, long term holding is a clever strategy because you just have to wait for the perfect opportunity to earn a good or higher profit. you just need a patience.  

If you are a trader, obviously you're going to go with short term to medium term trades. But if you are just an average Joe without the trading experience, then long term holding is a good idea as bitcoin is a store of value.Bitcoin is a disinflationary currency, meaning that in the long run, the supply will pretty much stablilize, and price will climb steadily as more people use bitcoin, demand goes up by supply cannot be altered.I really do think that you are just salty that you didn't get into the bull run beforehand.Obviously, short term trading is able to generate you more profit, but with that increased profitibility, comes a much larger risk.

On 28.10.2019 at 5:55 AM, saintelincon said:

I saw some people saying that long term holders are dumb because they keep holding on the losses and this is a stupid meme. But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more. What do you think?

I also disagree. I agree that bitcoin as a long-term investment will make good returns. It all depends on which coin you hold. I also think that ETH is a good investment for the long term. I also risked investing in doge coin for the future