Why some people think long term holding is bad? - Page 40 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
saintelincon

Why some people think long term holding is bad?

Holding onto cryptocurrency is a good thing and I recommend two methods if you have the money:
First: Divide an amount of money in trading and work on trading (buying and selling), but be careful and understand in trading.
Second: the other amount, choose good cryptocurrencies that have a good project, which are many, including BTC, and keep them for the long term.
If I did these two methods on my mind, I would be making very good profits.
This is my opinion and it may be correct or it may be wrong and the decision is ultimately up to you.
Greetings to all of you.

On 10/27/2019 at 11:55 PM, saintelincon said:

I saw some people saying that long term holders are dumb because they keep holding on the losses and this is a stupid meme. But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more. What do you think?

In my opinion, it is that each head is a world, and we do not all have the same thought, possibly we have a large group that we prefer long-term investment, but this is the group that needs to monetize and change for day-to-day expenses. We do not know what they do and they will not know what others do in a long-term investment.

Some of my friends think all crypto is a scam and it inflated and bubble will burst. And some think btc will be cost huge amount. but i think it will be like 10000$ average and you can hold it

I think if you want to make money you need to be patient. Invest in bitcoin and keep your money there. But if you have another sources where you can increase your money just go there and nothing pretty happens I think. Anyway I think long term holding isn't bad. 

Some altscoin were a lot of pump in 2017 and a lot of people bought at the top, there was a popular fear that all the alts would go down to $ 0 but it is the reality

Some of my friends think all crypto is a scam and it inflated and bubble will burst. And some think btc will be cost huge amount. but i think it will be like 10000$ average and you can hold it

• +3 1

Yes some people's think that holding of long terms is bad but i think this is their choice. I'm not thinking holding is bad no holding is sometime  is beneficial and some time not.

• Useful or interesting 1

Some people think a lot of things, they have better knowledge and experience and maybe they are right about certain times that holding will not make a lot of difference and maybe selling when prices are higher is best. Bitcoin is up from 0,01 usd to 12k today. What about all the early people that still hold. They should hold more and why?

• +2 1

I don't know why will they think of this. Long term is always better and we have to be thinking for long term but some opportunities can only be fore a small time and not long, it is not always the same for every trade .

• +1 2
  • +2 1

5 hours ago, glyk85 said:

Some of my friends think all crypto is a scam and it inflated and bubble will burst. And some think btc will be cost huge amount. but i think it will be like 10000$ average and you can hold it

There was a time when bitcoin reached 20k usd, i think that is just a small sign that bitcoin could cost even more than 100k usd in the future.

On 10/28/2019 at 5:55 AM, saintelincon said:

I saw some people saying that long term holders are dumb because they keep holding on the losses and this is a stupid meme. But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more. What do you think?

It matters when you invest. If you buy on the top then long term can mean that for many years you will have to hold and have the faith that even after dropping for 80% the price will recover. For this time though you could have exited at a 10% loss and used the money to invest in something better.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

I don't  know whefre you have learned it from but I have not heard any one saying  that thereis no benefit from the world  of cryptocurrency and to work  with  them.

Though they call this stupid or dumb in some term they were right because at some point theres a situation thats impossible to be recovered so its kinda hard to fight back against this but long term method is still good just dont overdo this method.

• +2 1

On 10/28/2019 at 5:55 AM, saintelincon said:

But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more.

Exactly. The reason these people think that long term holding is bad is because they don't believe in Bitcoin and they don't understand the potential of the price of this cryptocurrency. We understand far more and it is not hard for Bitcoin to reach 10 or 100 times higher, they don't.

Edited by kryptonick

It is how some people think my friend. We can't be in the head of them and know why they say that hodl is stupid, it is just traders and speculators that want to make money fast and don't think it is a good investment for the future.

20 hours ago, annayks said:

I don't know why will they think of this. Long term is always better and we have to be thinking for long term but some opportunities can only be fore a small time and not long, it is not always the same for every trade .

Yes , definitely not always the same for every trade, some can engage in long term while some choose short term, it depend on your funds, but to be honest I will choose to do long term investment

I think there is more risk in long term investment then short term investment. 

Because crypto market is unpredictable one day price goes high another day price may goes down. So when you get some profit on your investments you should sell your coin and get a profit. And avoid hassle of long term investment. 

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

There are cryptocurrencies that should not be held for a long time, but 
there are also such as BTC that are better not to sell

I'm with long-term investment because it has its advantages.One of the most important of these features it allows you to correct some, or all, of your mistakes.reducing your investment risk by removing lost opportunities.

I think in cryptoworld it is a matter of waiting since in some instances it will to a long time to reach the highert price, for instance in BTC it took 8 years to reached the 19k dollars. But if you want to make a profit even if it is small, then you can use the common technique which is buy low and sell high, in that way you could earn profit but a little not compared to the holding in a long run.

I think the reason why people considering that holding assets in when they are trading is a bad idea is because they are losing the time of continuous profit they could have made to generate. I would say that this people are like those who are daily trading because of the volatile price that they are trying to take advantage in which case is the reason why the trade market in exchange platforms are too busy because of the numerous transactions in there in every different coin available. I think long term holding is only playing safe for what is sure to come for their assets to be traded.

6 minutes ago, Gluttony said:

I think the reason why people considering that holding assets in when they are trading is a bad idea is because they are losing the time of continuous profit they could have made to generate. I would say that this people are like those who are daily trading because of the volatile price that they are trying to take advantage in which case is the reason why the trade market in exchange platforms are too busy because of the numerous transactions in there in every different coin available. I think long term holding is only playing safe for what is sure to come for their assets to be traded.

I agree brother. Long term holders have their own strategy to ensure what's about to come.Thats why they take chance. Many traders just try to earn instant profit.It is a good way. But those who want to earn huge and knows the strategy they hodl it. They wait for the blast. Famous and demanded coins are their target. In my opinion btc and eth is the best coin for long term hold.

In the first time i know cryptocurrency i believe holding coin is good idea to making profit for long term. But day to day and now i don't believe it. That is because so many coin have banker, where they will moving the price whatever they want. We can't see it, i just believe it. Because i already learning the movement from the birth Bitcoin until now. If you see with detail, that is have big gap from the price day by day.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

On 10/28/2019 at 10:55 AM, cryptokram said:

Patience and no enough knowledge is one big factor in this. there are may people who can't wait long enough.

They want to keep moving and do buy and sell, but there is coins and tokens that are meant for a long term and a short one. you should distinguish them first. for me both are good. 

Fact and I agree with you my friend as Patience and knowledge are the major and important factors in crypto currency trading market although I suggest most of crypto holders should stake their crypto tokens in trusted exchange platform to benefit through earning as long as they hold rather than holding without earning anything