Why some people think long term holding is bad? - Page 42 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
saintelincon

Why some people think long term holding is bad?

Everything in crypto have their advantage and disadvantages and the issue of long time and short time depends on the holder but provided you take the risk on any one and the result is positive then you are good to go.

• Useful or interesting 1

Long term holding is not bad but at thesame time it's very risky, but these is cryptocurrency we are taking about, everything about it is risky, and so therefore, the more risk you take by holding on for a long term, the more reward you should be expecting as well

1 hour ago, Zinat08 said:

I don't know why some people think that.  In fact, long term holding is not bad. Because in the crypto market, the value of every coin is up and down.  As a result, many people think that if they hold the coins for a long time, they may become dead or lose.  In fact, it is completely fake.  They do not understand this.  I have been holding one coin for these 2 years.

I will tell you the reason. Long term holding is usually believed to be the safest strategy but is this always the case? Not necessarily! All coins will not fluctuate up and down. Sometimes they may go down deeply and stay there for months. If you hold them for a long time, you can't pull yourself up from the bottom. The fact that some coins may disappear or turn dead is also quite possible. This is something that has happened for lots of traders. Trusting any coin and holding it may result in severe loss of capital. Therefore, only hold coins that worth holding like bitcoin and ethereum.

In my opinion, there is more advantage in holding long term, because when the price of coins is higher, then profit can be obtained by trading.  There is a problem here for those who trade by holding for short term, for example, if the price of coins does not increase, you have to trade and get loss.  Long-term holdings of currencies when prices are down result in higher profits when prices rise.

• +4 1

Long-term investors in bitcoin always turn out to be in the black, as history shows. Even those who bought bitcoin on the highs of 2017 are now in a small profit. Although, if you buy dubious altcoins, then no hold can save you.

Absolutely I don't believed that both long time investment and short time investment is good way of earn but I really like long time investment

• +2 1

On 10/28/2019 at 8:55 AM, saintelincon said:

I saw some people saying that long term holders are dumb because they keep holding on the losses and this is a stupid meme. But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more. What do you think?

No dude this is very wrong thinking of the people that long-term holders are done are long time holding is a bad thing because in my opinion if we hold coins for a long time it must give us a good profit if we hold a good coin.

• +2 1

Short-term trading is fraught with some risks if the technical study of price path changes is unsuccessful, for me I prefer this method, because long-term trading takes a long period of time, and we cannot be sure of profit or loss.

It totally depends on the person's idea or experience many of long term hold coins give them less profits or maybe no profit so it's the demand of the coin to hold it or to sell it .for me you must know the market value so hold it according to the situation and condition.

Hey friend, I dont think that long term holding is bad, because it can give you good profits if we are working on it properly. But then some people consider it as foolishness because, they have a mindset which tells them that in future there are more chances for incurring huge losses. Loss and risk are inevitable part of coins and you cant avoid that even of you are holding the coins for short term. Short term or long term, you have to learn well and monitor the market to avoid losses and to maximize profits. 

• +5 1

Long term holding of well developed coins is a very profitable way in crypto market. A lot of people follow this stretegy and that's the proof of it being a good way to earn 

• +3 1

On 10/27/2019 at 11:55 PM, saintelincon said:

Vi a algunas personas decir que los titulares a largo plazo son tontos porque siguen aguantando las pérdidas y esto es un meme estúpido. Pero no estoy de acuerdo con eso, ya que creemos que btc crecerá aún más. ¿Qué piensas?

Everyone thinks differently, although there are no lies that there are cryptocurrencies that never go up and only stay the same for years and are failed projects, therefore if there are currencies that do not go up in the long term, but if we talk about cryptocurrencies Famous such as btc and eth among others, these in the long term give a good benefit since they tend to raise their value a lot.

• +1 2

Both long term holding and short term holding have their own risk and each has it own advantage and disadvantage but long term holding  always win the race because they endure patient .

Long-term storage is not exactly profit. That is, as luck would have it. During the storage period, there may be more than once a drop in the price and again an increase. With this approach, you should always monitor the price and make a profit.

• +4 1

For me I think Long term trading is not bad because in this duration you easily sell his coin at the high price and get good back from this... And no chance your capital are go in loss... Big investors Also prefer to Long term trading and get huge profit from this... 

• +1 1

Those who make huge amounts of long-term investment in Bitcoin usually won't say so to the public. But open the currency chart since 2009 and you will notice that the general trend is up and we are now standing at the highest peak and if we break it, future targets will be good, if they try to store and do not hear the words of people who distort the image of Bitcoin.

Long term holding has advantage but it disadvantage is less because if you hold a coin for a long period of time the price will increase and your investment will be double.

On 11/30/2020 at 2:54 AM, usamah said:

I prefer trading to keeping currencies for long periods, and I am not patient in keeping currencies unless technical analysis gives me a vision for the rise in prices. If this is so, then I will be patient. Cryptocurrencies have fallen over the past two years and the rise has started this year, but in trading I know when to sell and when Buy

There is no doubt that we can hold a coin for long time and get some profit if the price of that coin only increases, but if we trade with  it we can get so meany interests in short term, so i also like trading over holding for long time.

Both are very useful to use but in the short term it is for people with much more knowledge, in the long term it is less risk and everything will depend on future news of some cryptocurrency that is being studied and invested.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

I think risk is available in all sector in your life, crypto has a high risk for investor and traders. The holders buy crypto currency with lose price and hold their coin for market rising. When the crypto market again rise, they sell their coin and get good profit. If the crypto price isn't rising after holding coin, you will lose your money. 

• +1 1

On 10/27/2019 at 11:55 PM, saintelincon said:

I saw some people saying that long term holders are dumb because they keep holding on the losses and this is a stupid meme. But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more. What do you think?

It will undoubtedly grow even more, but remember that everyone thinks in their own way, it is advisable for these situations to read and study to understand the reality of crypto to obtain profits, but nevertheless this will continue to grow considerably.

• +2 1

I think you can hold on for some time. I dont think if someone holds for a long time then it is bad. It is every one's own personal choice. 

• +3 1

Long term investing seems to make sense in the first place. After all, if you want to invest for your retirement, that is for long term right? There are many empirical studies with 20 to 30 years historical data to justify this argument. It says that if you were an average investor and held a basket of index stocks, you are almost certain to make money if you stay invested for long enough.

But the truth is, the traditional way of long term investment is not suitable for most people, and it will almost always cost you a big fortune, especially in today’s market.

To be honest, even I myself fall into this belief when I started investing. Like many people, I worshipped Warren Buffett’s tribe and tried to duplicate the same.

But over the years, I realise that there is only one Warren Buffett in the world. All those who advocate long-term investment are people who either never make long term investment themselves, or who will benefit if you leave your money with them for “long term”.

No my friend , holders are not dumb at all, if a currency is falling down and you bought it on high price , it is a shame that you sell it in cheap prices, most people often do that as a stop loss strategy, yet I do not think that I would do that, I will hold on to it till it rise again , and probably it will , because the market is fluctuating all the time.

Seriously for my on opinion long time investment is better them short time investment because is so hard too loss from long time investment but short time investment is too risk