Hacked Cryptopia plans to open a portal for the victims - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Whited35

Hacked Cryptopia plans to open a portal for the victims

3 hours ago, Raqeebzy said:

Good news. Now, I expect them to have the database of all account holders and crypto amount even it wasn't tampered with during the unfortunate incident. If not, I don't actually see if this step is feasible and will be comforting to all those who lost their funds. 

Hope they will come up with update soon. So far, it is not clear how the crypto refund process will be carried out for the victims. It will be interesting to see, how will they deal with holders having shitcoins. If I get any updates, I will share here. 

• +3 1

It is really good news @Whited35, especially for those who were a victim of this hack of the cryptopia platform and lost many of their cryptocurrencies due to this hack. These victims should follow the latest news about this platform in the forum or any other way in the hope of recovering their money, that one of the biggest problems the currently facing the crypto world are the hackers in my opinion

• +4 1

8 hours ago, Moaz said:

It is really good news @Whited35, especially for those who were a victim of this hack of the cryptopia platform and lost many of their cryptocurrencies due to this hack. These victims should follow the latest news about this platform in the forum or any other way in the hope of recovering their money, that one of the biggest problems the currently facing the crypto world are the hackers in my opinion

@Moaz If you find any victims from Cryptopia hack, you might pass this message. My friend nearly lost his hope but now, I am more than happy to see smile on his face. There was a long battle in a court and finally it is the biggest win for Cryptopia users who lost their assets. I will also update to this thread if I get anything new from Cryptopia. 

• +3 1

22 hours ago, Whited35 said:

Hope they will come up with update soon. So far, it is not clear how the crypto refund process will be carried out for the victims. It will be interesting to see, how will they deal with holders having shitcoins. If I get any updates, I will share here. 

Great. Please make sure you do. I have lots of friends and acquaintances who lost funds to cryptopia hack, some of them aren't over on it yet. This news needs to be passed on, so a lot will be aware and I hope they come up with something interesting and beneficial to all victims.

• +2 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

15 hours ago, Raqeebzy said:

Great. Please make sure you do. I have lots of friends and acquaintances who lost funds to cryptopia hack, some of them aren't over on it yet.

Sure, it will be in a form of update to this thread. For now, core team of Cryptopia is working into to bring up new protocol to refund crypto to the victims as they should give more priority to the users instead of share holders. I hope, at least their refund protocol will not get hacked 😜

• +3 1

8 minutes ago, Whited35 said:

I hope, at least their refund protocol will not get hacked 😜

This is funny at 🤣 but it serious. How can we be sure that won't get hacked like their exchange was. They have to put out a proper security, hackers might be looking, they know we are weak with security, they might be still be vulnerable. It won't be funny if that happens, I don't wish for it.

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

That's really a small light for the victims that were fallen during the cryptopia exchange attacks. Though I'm not one of them but I was attentive towards the news of attack at that time. If any of our forum members were harmed then they should be attentive towards their social platforms so that they could get information about it.

And @Whited35 I'm wondering How exchange manages the funds to pay such big amount to it's users? Are those hacked Crypto recovered?

• +4 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

47 minutes ago, Ridam said:

And @Whited35 I'm wondering How exchange manages the funds to pay such big amount to it's users? Are those hacked Crypto recovered?

@Ridam Hacked crypto amount has not been recovered but as far as I know, core team should refund the amounts from their (company's) reserved fund. Now, you may have also realized, how hard is it to open a trusted centralized exchange. Cryptopia is just an example to exhibit a growing pain of CEX. 

• +4 1

I lost almost 150$ of coins in the cryptopia and still i am waiting that one day that exchaneg is going to be open and i collect my coins and i hope that when the bull is come in the market that exchaneg is going to be open and i withdraw my coins in high profit.

• Useful or interesting 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

4 hours ago, khan22 said:

I lost almost 150$ of coins in the cryptopia and still i am waiting that one day that exchaneg is going to be open and i collect my coins and i hope that when the bull is come in the market that exchaneg is going to be open and i withdraw my coins in high profit.

Oh which coin's holdings did you loss there dude ? If it is the valuable assets from the top cryptocurrencies, you are more likely to receive your asset back. I have been following them. Keep eyeing to this thread. I might publish an update once their protocol becomes ready to refund crypto. 

Edited by Whited35
Minor error in texts.

At last they have considered  people loss who have been waiting ,This will recover their reputation and people will  join them again.Now in crypto market reputation is mostly matter  because everyone wants to mover their assets at safest place.People will be feel joyful from this action of cryptopia.

Exchange site should not be exposed to the public because people funds are deposited there and once hackers break into the site they steal all peoples funds and this is terrible just as what happened to kucoin exchange recently where all deposited funds were stolen .

On 9/29/2020 at 10:47 PM, Digital said:

Exchange site should not be exposed to the public because people funds are deposited there and once hackers break into the site they steal all peoples funds and this is terrible just as what happened to kucoin exchange recently where all deposited funds were stolen .

@Digital Exchanges are being hacked due to loopholes in their system so it can not be related with the blockchain hack. There are so many reasons behind the exchange hack like weakly managed server, phishing attack etc. So it is advised not to store a huge amounts in the exchange wallets for a long time. 

• +1 1

20 minutes ago, Sinda423 said:

I think the news should be publicized, so that those affected won't miss the chance of them recovering their loss.nice information. That's the usefulness of this wonderful platform.

News is already publicized regarding this matter. Only one thing is, they are opening a protocol for the victim soon and I believe it will be also announced to let victims to know so that they will have a chance to claim their lost crypto. 

• +2 1

Hopefully each of the users I include myself can recover our currencies, it was very unfortunate that the hack happened but from what they have said they are doing the best they can to return our cryptocurrencies and months have passed and fortunately they have not disappeared, which is which gives us the hope of being able to recover our investments.

I also remember the hacking incident, the Cryptopia platform was wonderful and very big in the field at that time, and unfortunately the accident caused it to completely collapse, in any case I hope to return the money to the traders

On 21.09.2020 at 17:40, P A Ashif said:

Very nice. Cryptopia first should focus on returning the money of their invested which trusted them and invested in their platform.  If they will not do that then it will definitely affect their reputation and no one will invest on them. Now cryptopia should come with new security. Because they have to win the trust of investor. And definitely something should be done to catch this hackers

I doubt Cryptopia will come into business again since liquidation is in progress and there will be nothing left after the procedure is completed. The liquidator firm takes too much fees from the main assets of Cryptopia Ltd. The good thing is of course that the coins are reocgnized by the court as their holders' assets but not of exchange, so they will not be used to redeem the liquidator's fees.  

13 hours ago, Sinda423 said:

I think the news should be publicized, so that those affected won't miss the chance of them recovering their loss.nice information. That's the usefulness of this wonderful platform.

But I think the exchange will look for a way to pay those affected because they can't afford to loose their money but I hope they still have the database of those who are affected.

I did not lose money in that exchange, because I did not have an account there, but it is very good news that users have the option of recovering what was lost, I knew a friend who had $ 30 I imagine it was worth the wait, now to fill out that form and try to recover what was lost.

It is good news for Cryptopia users to receive their lost money. CEO of Cryptopia exchange should be kind hearted person.  Good luck for everyone  who lost their money now you are receiving  them. 

On 08.10.2020 at 12:01, ShiNorton said:

It is good news for Cryptopia users to receive their lost money.

But the thing is that we don't know the exact date for receiving the money. Reconciliation process might be completed by the end of this year. The liquidators don't report frequently.

On 08.10.2020 at 12:01, ShiNorton said:

CEO of Cryptopia exchange should be kind hearted person. 

I think you are beside the point and did not even visited Cryptopia's site. Former CEOs of Cryptopia have currently nothing to do with people's funds. Cryptopia is under liquidation. So it's up to liquidators (i.e. GrantThornton) to release our funds or not.

image.png.d513185030206978cd9ccc50277788d4.png 

If this is the first time an exchange claims to recover lost funds, it can be a great news for users but it is also a big encouragement for future traders because if other exchanges follow the same procedure, people's trust in both cryptocurrency and exchange platforms will improve because they will have a much better feeling if they know there is someone to support them after hacking attempts. We should follow Cryptopia news seriously to see if they really fulfill this big promise and it would be helpful if victims who manage to recover their coins, come to this topic and announce it. It can be a good source for future reference.

That is very good news to hear. Finally some progress in the liquidation.

I also have some coins lost with this hack, and I am curious if I get anything back.

I send an email to the liquidators and they kindly sent an email back after a few days, stating that the claims pprocess hasn't started yet and you should follow their social news account (twitter: https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ and facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cryptopiaexchange/) and their own site for more information. https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_category&kb_category=1b23f18bdbeddf009990f6fcbf961948 or https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/

• +4 1

On 9/21/2020 at 10:40 PM, P A Ashif said:

Very nice. Cryptopia first should focus on returning the money of their invested which trusted them and invested in their platform.  If they will not do that then it will definitely affect their reputation and no one will invest on them. Now cryptopia should come with new security. Because they have to win the trust of investor. And definitely something should be done to catch this hackers

I couldn’t agree more. If they want to reap the benefits of having an exchange then they need to be responsible for its security and liable for any losses as a result of theft.

1 hour ago, Sergiowa said:

But the thing is that we don't know the exact date for receiving the money. Reconciliation process might be completed by the end of this year. The liquidators don't report frequently.

I think you are beside the point and did not even visited Cryptopia's site. Former CEOs of Cryptopia have currently nothing to do with people's funds. Cryptopia is under liquidation. So it's up to liquidators (i.e. GrantThornton) to release our funds or not.

image.png.d513185030206978cd9ccc50277788d4.png 

Oh sorry and thanks for this information. I had no idea before reading your comments.  I guessed CEO was there to do these all things.